• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...it's wayyyyy cakier than Purple Puff. I didn't love PP either, I tell you the vanilla cake thing makes this better for me too. And like Halo said...the lavender is light so don't worry. I haven't given it a full run yet, cuz I just got my package but I wanted you to rest assured this is way more cupcake than lav (well, on me anyway)! Glad I got a full bottle too!

Yeah, I went full bottle on this and I am so happy I did!! First on, the lavender did the medicinal thing that Purple Puff did on me, and I was mildly worried. But then the cake came out. OMG!!! I want to lick my wrist!!! A light and fluffy scent but rich and warm at the same time. I think the brown sugar caramel and amber are giving this a rum-like essence on my skin, but it's perfect!!!!! I will test the Gotcha! later, but Mara's pairings are so wonderful, I know it will be a hit with this scent!

I slathered this one today, for the scent really but the pheros seemed to have good social effects too. I had to drive to another part of town to see my hairdresser, and our convo was unusually funny to both of us. I think we laughed more than we ever have together and that was nice. :)

Getting around town was a total frackin' NIGHTMARE today. Thanksgiving traffic starting early. So looking at the fwy traffic, I decided to stay on that side of the hill until traffic died down rather than sitting in it for 3 hours. Went to the mall and called Catherine who lives nearby to join me for shopping and dinner. We were walking thru the Macy's cosmetic area and Catherine stopped to smell Chanel #5. She says, "I just want to see if I like this one now...that Brad Pitt commercial makes me ever so much want to wear it!" But no, "ACK! It smells like my grandmother!" she says, and puts it down.

There was a whole tray of other Chanel perfumes and I started picking them up one by one and sniffing them. "Oh, Catherine, you might like this one, this is more your style...." (There were several of the "new" ones which were quite nice.) So I was saying, "Oh, a touch of pink sugar in this one...and this one is nice, a little dash of patchouli...mmm...Moroccan clove in this one!"

This commentary apparently drew attention. One of the sales ladies handed me a bottle of something else..."What's in this one?" *sniff* "Coconut and patchouli." How about this one?" *sniff* "Clary sage." Next one..."a hint of cocoa powder over a soft white musk", etc. Now we're up to three sales girls watching this go on. One of the other sales ladies asks Catherine if she wanted help purchasing any of the perfumes, and Catherine says, in her grandest manner - with a little hand flourish at the end, "No thank you, I've got my personal perfumer right here!"

The lady who had been "testing" me looks at me questioningly, and I said, "Yes, I'm a perfumer." Now the barrage of questions and we're explaining how we make stuff and our philosophy and stuff, and a fourth sales girl joins to listen. Then a fifth. And this one looks managerial, and has her arms folded. She's standing 4 paces away and looking annoyed at the "crowd". Then she moves 2 paces closer, then she joins us, and the arms are no longer folded. LOL. Sucked in like the rest. bwaha.

One of the ladies asks, "Can you identify anything?", and I say, well, probably not this minute after sniffing so many just now. But she says, "No, what I want to know is if I give you a sample of this deodorant I have been using for 20 years, can you figure out the main notes and make me a perfume like it? I've been looking for something similar for decades!" So we start talking about our PE program. Naturally, neither Catherine or myself has any biz cards to hand out, but it seemed that everyone was making note of the web addy.

The manager-lady asked, "How do you know all this stuff?" And I guess, thinking to appease her a little, I told her "I started my cosmetics career at 17, working in Macy's in NY. I was a Lancome girl!" And she says, "Ah yes, the days of Magie Noire!" And we both started laughing, and talking about the notes of that one.

Anyway, it was really funny. That has never happened to me before. Not sure if it was really just my "parlor trick" that had them so fascinated, but I think the Gotcha pulled them in further and created a really pleasant camaraderie vibe between everyone. :)

(Succumbing to the inevitable)

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy-was he?

Now that I've gotten that stuck in your heads, hopefully it will get out of mine.

I tested this out yesterday and it started off sweaty smelling; however, everything I tested yesterday smelled a bit odd at first, then hours later settled into huffable fragrances. I am going to grab a shower and, inspired by Mara's fabulous review, test this out at work today. I'll update when I return home.

I kind of wanted to roll in this, it's so delicious. I actually don't get a very strong lavender note out of this one, softer than Lady V's Midnight Snack, but more of the bakery/frosting/vanilla notes with a gentle hint of lavender. The black amber isn't a strong note here, but it make it that much more than *just* foody.

Ok, I'm home now. I think I should refrain from making any purchasing decisions regarding full bottles until I can test this at a *better* time of month, but as of right now I can say I like Fuzzy Wuzzy, but don't love it. I had a couple of hours of delicious scent, but the aftermath seemed kind of dusty and vague to me. I don't know; a few weeks from now I may be chasing a bottle wherever I can catch it, but as of right now I prefer the drydowns of Purple Puff and Angela's Purple Pastry.

I am fairly certain I love the Gotcha! Phero though. I was more outgoing, talkative, and upbeat at work than I typically am, and even though I wasn't very busy it was kind of like the confidence high you feel when you've truly hit your stride. I think I need more of that feeling in my life, because no matter how well I am doing I often feel an undercurrent of self doubt, kind of like an itch. I will definitely be purchasing a trial size vial of the phero so I can test the effects further.

ETA- because the Kindle Fire keeps cutting me off and auto correcting with make believe words. :/

Edited by mcreepers

Mara that was awesome!...but ACK,no business cards :o ... I came this >.< close to wearing Fuzzy Wuzzy out today but chickened opted out for the known effect with G&L on me,cause was not sure just how brutal the crowds and/or people in them would be be :lol: Planning on doing lots of playing with Gotcha,you betcha! :D

Haha Calii! Was that a Freudian slip-of-the-finger? :P

ETA, just realized how gross that sounded... Wasn't meaning to be grody, just goofy! Sorry! :lol: I'm dopey today.

Edited by Eggers

.....................................Anyway, it was really funny. That has never happened to me before. Not sure if it was really just my "parlor trick" that had them so fascinated, but I think the Gotcha pulled them in further and created a really pleasant camaraderie vibe between everyone. :)

Well, I'll bet the Gotcha helped pull 'em in, but that HAD to be so wonderful for the ladies to talk to you about all that stuff!!! Put it all together, and you were a Happy Break that they probably all needed very much! :):heart:

I wore this to dr appt with adooooorrrrraaabbbbllle doctor i looooooooooovvvvvvvvve - have I mentioned I love adorable doctor who is adorable? His behavior (body language) was bashful but he was rather more talkative than usual. I also talked my face right off.

scent: definitely reminds of purple puff but much less in-your-face happy lavendery and more fresh laundry-y. Also has glimpses of New.

Edited by tyvey

They would be compatible, IMO.

The character of the lavender is the same as Body Paint, as Mara noted (I recognize it). I like the sugary vibe in the bottom of this, it smooths out the lavender right away and makes it yummy. I definitely get a dessert evocation from it, if not specifically a cupcake one. As such I think it's a great delivery system for the phero. It's very fluffy and soft on me after drydown, a bit like Baskery in that it wears close and maintains a consistently sweet aura.

Great story Mara!! I have to confess I love going into Macy's and asking the sales girls what notes are in what and they never know. Ever since LP I can tell what some notes are.. and the other day at Macy's I was smelling Candy Prada and I immediately smelled benzoin and musk! and I said oooh I love it, and then said benzoin! Perfume Macys Zombie girl just looked at me and held out her wrist for me to spray.

I was like WTF I DONT WORK HERE YOU DO SPRAY ME!

Great story Mara!! I have to confess I love going into Macy's and asking the sales girls what notes are in what and they never know. Ever since LP I can tell what some notes are.. and the other day at Macy's I was smelling Candy Prada and I immediately smelled benzoin and musk! and I said oooh I love it, and then said benzoin! Perfume Macys Zombie girl just looked at me and held out her wrist for me to spray.

:kiss43:

I'm truly loving this one too, but it disappears on me fairly quick. Now, here's the weird part. Gotcha makes me happy, but I *think* it makes me also get angry really fast. I know I need to keep testing this because the other day I was just happy wearing it. It's like I'm so happy, but if you do something to make me mad (like my son killing a squirel because he has to hunt everything), I went berserk on his ass. Almost like when I was pregnant. I was happy, but I could do a 180 in 2 seconds flat. Weird right?

Thats so funny!!! It's not like its not the holiday season and the counter girls should be working! lol. This is light, soft, and sweet. It does disappear on me fast though. I may try out my sample tomorrow since my BFF wants to do the absolute worst thing in life (IMO)...which is go Black Friday shopping! I hate crowds, so maybe I should wear this for myself! :Emoticons04280: lol.

Perfume Macys Zombie girl just looked at me and held out her wrist for me to spray.

:smiley-laughing024: I can see a ditsy girl doing that!! I think Candy Prada is going to be my next commercial 'fume purchase. I love it!

omg lol too many fumes squishin the brain cells !

I smelled this in the trial vial and all I could smell were the lavender and amber so I was bummed. I like lavender, it just doesn't like me, but I was going to be home all day today housecleaning so I figured I try it.

At first it did give off that really strong, sort of dept. store perfume smell, but after an hour it has totally calmed down and is actually quite nice. I actually get the cake and caramel smell first and maybe a hint of amber, but it's totally tempered by that lavender. I love cakey and buttercream scents but the vanilla can tend to go plasticky on me. I think the lavender prevents that here without being too loud. I think Mara was genius in adding the strong, sticky foody notes to the lavender b/c it's not too sweet at all.

Whereas something like a Rosie's Wedding cake, or Comp. positions or even Darling Clementine are all very frosting/cake type with the brown sugar or vanilla notes, this is more balanced on my skin. I'm so glad the lavender behaved. This may be a lavender I can actually wear even though I can't really smell the lavender after drydown. I'll apply more next time and see if I can still wear it.

ETA: Is this phero designed to make the wearer feel sort of cozy? I don't know if it's b/c of the pouring down rain and the day after TG but I feel very content and cozy right now...Do you think that's from the phero?

GOTCH BLEND:

Contains the following pheromones: Beta-AndrostAnol, Estratetraenol, Alpha-Androstenol, Beta-Androstenol, DHEAS, Alpha-THDOC, Allo-pregnanolone, Copulins.

Edited by Raq On

I think Candy Prada is going to be my next commercial 'fume purchase. I love it!

I luvvvv Prada Candy. I layer it with Caramel Musk or TMI and it becomes total awesomeness.

Mara, YOU are total awesomeness!! It is so frustrating to have a scent in mind, know what the notes are, then try to track something down that matches it -- and all the sales peeps want to do is blast you with the Latest and Greatest because it's all they know. Ask for a blend with, say, lotus, and all you get are blank looks.

Retail perfume shopping SUCKS. Thank the various gods for LPMP.

(Sorry for the t/j. I'm silently slinking back into the shadows now.)

I luvvvv Prada Candy. I layer it with Caramel Musk or TMI and it becomes total awesomeness.

Your mention of Caramel Musk got me thinking. I really like Fuzzy Wuzzy, but I wanted to looove it. I don't totally trust my nose right now as it's that TOTM. I get a bit of lavender and definitely the buttercream, but I wanted to get a musky scent in there too to flesh it out more. I layered FW with Caramel Musk and it is lovely on me. It made the brown sugar and vanilla come out more and mixed with the amber and light musk it is purrfect.

After a few minutes the lavender backs up to let out a gentle brown sugary waft. If laundry detergent came in brown sugar scent, this would be it, it's kind of clean, but sugary. The brown sugar is blessedly not doing the Marmite trick on me. Date guy wasn't so keen but it may grow on him.

This is a win for me, and I'm so relieved. I was worried about it "Purple Puffing" on my skin, but it doesn't. The lavender is soft and gentle, soothing, the way I think lavender is supposed to be, and it's settled into a pillow of brown sugar caramel, amber and cakey goodness. I tested last night for the scent, and will test later today, (at the movies! :) ), for phero effects. But so far, I love this, phero-funzies or no. I just really love this perfume.

And that cat on the label is irresistibly gorgeous. ;)

Fuzzy Wuzzy was cuddlicious!

HOLYCARAMELCREAMYCAKEYVANILLADELIGHT! Lavender? What lavender? LOL! Kidding, it was in there, but TRUST ME, you'll be completely distracted by fighting the urge NOT to devour whatever body part you've applied this to! You'll be wanting to apply this to friends and family, clothes, hair, add it to lotions...if you are a foodie, you will WANT this. It's soft and delicious, unassuming but noticeably present, a delectable delight! Caramel was the most prominent on me for the duration, even when it settled down into the creamy vanilla amber, the hint of caramel stayed. 2 thumbs up FO SHO! :thumbup:

Wore this last night to a very good response: BF got one whiff of it, grabbed me and began sniffing and kissing all over the place! His eyes actually rolled back in his head :o and he said, "Oh my *GOD*, you smell good EVERYWHERE!". And he wouldn't let me go. :lol: So yeah. This is a BIG win.

In addition to that, (pretty much unprecedented reaction), he really was sort of snuggly last night. You know, snuggly for Mr. I-Don't-Like-to-Touch. He took me to see Twilight, which he *really* didn't want to see, and then when we got home we watched another movie, and he curled up with me, (which he doesn't often do anymore), and then when we went to bed, HE SPOONED ME. Also something he hasn't done in a long time - at least while conscious. (He's a "sleep-spooner", essentially treating me like a life-sized Teddy bear - but only once he's asleep). And when he got tired of lying on that side, he turned over and demanded I spoon him! :lol:

So I think the Gotcha! phero is probably going to work pretty well for me. :D I hope, anyway. I'll have to try it again, though, since there are some phero blends he reacts to the first time, and then not very consistently after that. I wonder if that has to do with dosage? It's as if he likes getting hit with a new phero signature, but after he's been exposed, the "shine" kind of wears off. Of all the phero blends I've worn around him, the one that gets the most consistent reaction is Perfect Match, (and of course, Sexpionage), but I wouldn't mind at all if Gotcha! joined the ranks of The Consistent Ones. ;) Imma have to start fooling with dosages of the blends I'm wearing, I think.

and he said, "Oh my *GOD*, you smell good EVERYWHERE!".

LOL! Yup! It's like that! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're lucky he didn't gobble you all up on the spot...not that thatwould be bad or anything... :666: