Since entering the indie perfume world, I've encountered a lot of the "hoard or die" mindset... Certainly understandable, there are some I never want to be without... but the sheer variety out there makes it enjoyable. I'm always finding new loves, which distract me enough so that I can stretch out my supply of whatever precious it is that I love so much. And as time goes on, I find that I truly love the experience of it all - it's taught me to enjoy TODAY, slather TODAY...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's taught me to enjoy TODAY, slather TODAY...

Exactly :) !!!

It's a metaphor.

I've come to look at it as...I'm so lucky to have found so many I love, and get to have a bottle (or bottles) of, because you just never know what might happen. I'm amazed Mara's artistry is so synergistic to my own tastes.

THIS :D

You know, I stockpiled a couple of scents out of fear that I wouldn't have them anymore, but you know, I've collected so much in the years I've been here that I haven't even finished the first bottles, much less the stockpile! So don't be sad when your current fave goes away, because 1000 more will come!

have finished a few hoarded bottles now since I decided there was no reason to save them...ala Molls!! :lol: ...and plan on doing much so more after the holidays!

New ones are coming at me so fast! I think I am in so much love and then BAM! Here comes one and I abandon my last love. I come back to it but BAM! again! Here comes another!

I don't know...we just have to have faith in the Grand Plan. Mara will make it all work out I think.

Could not have said it better...really! :)

Hehe. Maybe not...but I've allowed EVERYthing from LP to 2nd base! :lol: and even some very near the treasure box... They have "caressed" arms, thighs, abdomen, neck...nibbled my ears, fondled my....

Oh hell yeah...as often as I can :001_302:

Part of the adventure, though, is finding those scents you had no idea you would love! Mara has changed many of our minds regarding certain notes/types of fragrances numerous times.

Hah...if you would have told me 2 years ago I would be a slutty honey ho :666:

This is really chocolatey at first but when dries down it smells just like Halo's Angelique! I don't have Halo's Angelique to compare but it is very, very similar to what I remember. I think this one is more of a skin scent though. I can't even smell any honey in this.

Wow, I ordered a whole bunch of chocolate scents without knowing it. Literally Sweet!

When I first put this on this morning, I applied it before crawling back into bed for some R&R sleeping in time. It seemed like a really rich adult chocolate alcoholic drink with a little heat spice in it. I think most foody sweet things translate as chocolate to my nose. When I applied it again a few hours later on before going to the mall for errands and eating (really wanting to slather because I wanted a phero hit, durrnit!) I got a strong sense that it was like sweet carmel popcorn. A little salty, definitely sweet and a little creamy.

Several hours later on, my arms smell like powdered sugar and my chest under my shirt smells like thick hot cocoa.

I did get a nice phero hit. Sitting under a heat lamp on an outdoor deck of a restaurant, I was sitting next to a pretty cool family, and when my check came, the dad told my waitress he wanted to cover my check and happy holidays. sweet!

Edit: I told my boyfriend about what I'm pretty sure is my first phero-hit, and getting my meal paid for, and his response,

"How do females fail at life?" Not that I agree with him, but I had to laugh at his idea that everything gets handed to someone with a set of tits and two X chromosomes.

Edited by MissHazel

Usually I'm not into chocolate scents, but Odalisque made me a convert. Sadly my skin just eats it up after an hour or two :(

I thought my skin was devouring it, too, until my daughter stopped by for a visit and (knowingly) asked what the new LPMP was I was wearing because it really smelled good. Huh! I could no longer detect it but she noticed it right off.

Timing,LOL...check the Because The Night thread about the D5,for skin that eats scents :D

:lol: These threads are becoming so incestuous!

Not that I agree with him, but I had to laugh at his idea that everything gets handed to someone with a set of tits and two X chromosomes.

Yeah that is pretty laughable, you can tell him not all of us XXs are that lucky, some of us have to work pretty hard at it.

Is there any hope this one might come back?

*sad cat smushed face*

yeah, that's my plan.as soon as I get to a computer instead of using my phone.

I wore this last night. Right out of the bottle it smells like bitter dark chocolate. Over the next hour, I noticed a scent like almond liquor start to mingle in with the chocolate. There's also a creaminess that started to develop. I fell asleep after that though so I need to wear it again when I can wear it all day.

Very nice fragrance blend.

Yesterday afternoon/evening I put on Odalisque. I CANNOT reiterate enough how much I LOVE this scent, let alone that it has BI in it. I went ahead and made some of the oil into an alcohol spray and dual applied, oil fist, then the spray version. I was SO happy in my own little phero cloud just huffing myself hours later lol. I had some last minute running to do and picked up something to eat for hubby and I know that BI is a sexual blend but everyone was all smiles where I stopped. The guy behind the counter at the liquor store kept eying me...I know the look now, lol, BI for sure! The fellas at the sub shop I stopped at for hubby were all attentive (gotta love those Italians, they're always flirty and charming there ^-^) and the girl who actually took my order was very sweet. I made sure to wish them all a very merry Christmas...even the father and uncle who were just hanging out in their winter coats and caps by the door...you know, family business, the family hangs and chats cause they're there and they can :P

I know the sexual blends are affecting hubby because he tends to use me as his personal chew toy, lol, nipping, nibbling and biting more than normal...not a complaint, just an observation :ange:

I have perfumer's alcohol. I got mine from creatingperfume.com before I knew about LP.

You can also get the 1 fl oz bottles with alcohol from LP if you want to turn one of your 1/3 oz bottles into a 1 oz spray. You can find them by scrolling down here:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/store/Spell_Kits_Herbs_Supplies.html

As for what I did, I used a 5ml spray bottle that I bought from LP (on same page as the one listed above) and eye balled about 40% oil to 60% alcohol. I put about 1/3 Odalisque and then enough unscented Blatant Invitation to make it approx 40% oil, then topped it off with the perfumer's alcohol. Replace lid, shake and leave sit to "marinade" for a couple/few hours (or better, overnight!) and voila! Spray! Still smells JUST AS YUM!

Hope this was helpful ^_^

I have perfumer's alcohol. I got mine from creatingperfume.com before I knew about LP.

You can also get the 1 fl oz bottles with alcohol from LP if you want to turn one of your 1/3 oz bottles into a 1 oz spray. You can find them by scrolling down here:

http://www.lovepotio...s_Supplies.html

As for what I did, I used a 5ml spray bottle that I bought from LP (on same page as the one listed above) and eye balled about 40% oil to 60% alcohol. I put about 1/3 Odalisque and then enough unscented Blatant Invitation to make it approx 40% oil, then topped it off with the perfumer's alcohol. Replace lid, shake and leave sit to "marinade" for a couple/few hours (or better, overnight!) and voila! Spray! Still smells JUST AS YUM!

Hope this was helpful ^_^

Wow. I'm going to need to write this down. I bought a little 2013 journal book so I can showcase my little sample stickers and write down ingredients in the scent and what I think worked and what didn't. So I'm going to have to write this in there too.

Wasn't me! I used every ounce of self control to NOT buy all the stock there was because I obviously wasn't the only one loving it...but it's been hard!