Strange Attractors Spray w/ Topper

• 4 weeks later...

I tried my sample last night and today - I really like the scent , fresh and seems like it goes with everything . The phero blend did nothing for me , but I usually need to use higher doses , so the Un would be better for me , and I get no selfies from anol any more . Was hoping to get a little bit from the Dheas.

I tried my sample during Thanksgiving. I think it was Tday. Anyhow the mood was weird at my brother's house. I could feel people stressed out and the tense. I ran to my sample and sprayed this. It reminded me of a mojito for some reason. It smelled like a mojito to me. I sprayed a few in my hair and walked around. I ended up sitting between my BF and my cousin's GF. I sat there for about 5 minutes then I walked away to get some chips and dip. Within seconds they started chatting about lord knows what. The mood was like automatically lifted!!!! Then everyone started laughing and having a blast. I felt like Amelie. in the movie Amelie. We ended up playing games and having a really good time. The topper works y'all! I didn't even get jealous that my cousin's GF was chatting so excitedly with my bf.

• 2 months later...

This morning BF said, "I don't care how expensive it is - will you please get me a bottle of this Topper stuff in your next order?". It didn't occur to me until about forty five minutes ago that I already have a bottle of Topper with his name on it - this one! I love the smell of Strange Attractors, but it comes off a bit masculine on me, so I rarely wear it. BF is testing it now, and loves it! What's more, I *love* it on him. It smells very old-fashioned cologne on his skin. Happily, it's bringing to mind Tom Hardy in Lawless, because it feels like something that might have been made in that era.

I'm glad I finally get to enjoy this scent. Having worn it myself a few times, I found it overwhelming. But with BF wearing it, I can smell it on him, but very, very subtly, even when I'm sitting all of 3 feet away from him. This is awesome on him!

what made your boyfriend so insistent on you getting topper for him?

He's been pretty low lately, (due in part to a crap work situation, but mostly due to some band issues). We got talking about pheros. I mentioned the two I have that might help lift his mood, Open Windows and Topper. I told him I use OW at work, to keep my customer in a good mood, and to boost my tips as a by-product. He's noticed the boost in my tips with OW, so he initially said he wanted some of that. But when I mentioned that it's something he could use in the jam room to bolster both his mood and those of his band mates, (thereby

*possibly* helping them have more fun and be more productive), he was ALL OVER IT. And then I mentioned that I always wear Topper to his shows, and any other band's show that we go to, he realized what an extra-great time we've had at those shows, and decided Topper might be up his alley too.

He's really driven when it comes to band stuff. His band mates are not *quite* so hardworking, which gets on his nerves, because he very much wants to give It a real shot, (they really do have that special *something*; big, BIG fan base at home), and he sees them pissing the opportunity away. I suggested that he might benefit from lightening the atmosphere a bit. He's always playing The Heavy, urging them to write more, practice more etc... What I tried to convey to him, without saying it so bluntly is that I think he might be sucking the fun out of it for them, which makes them drag their feet. That's why I suggested these two pheros. I thought maybe if they all felt a bit more light-hearted about the whole thing, they might get back to the prolific song-writing and practices they were having six months ago. He takes Band Life very seriously. And he thinks I know what I'm talking about most of the time(!), so if I say these pheros might help, he's willing to try.

Sorry. That was a longer response than I'd intended! LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the sprays have been working out for him!

Query: Why does the ginger in this one work, but in so many other ones I've tried that have ginger in it, it goes all stabby/dominant/mean? Was there something different about the ginger in this?

MH, it's a really fresh ginger that's in SA, and at first it was a l'il bit stabby on me. I don't know if the bottle is just mellowing, or if it's my perception of this scent on a man instead of on myself that makes it seem so, but it's definitely smoother than it was originally. I'd have to say that the ginger is still very prominent, but not dominant. It's more integrated than it was when I first tried it.

It does seem to have an old-world gentleman kind of smell about it. In fact, when BF wears it, I feel like I'm in an Al Capone movie. :lol: Honestly, I feel like I ought to be wearing a flapper dress & be drinking bootleg whisky, and like he should be in a pinstriped suit, wearing spats & concealing a Tommy gun under the table.

hm. I need to go through the ones that didn't work for me and compare.

SA actually seemed to work best and it was the newest made one I tried.

All the others, like Butterbeer but I know there's others, have all aged....

that's why I was hoping that perhaps ginger didn't have to be an automatic

cancellation on considering a perfume, if I could just figure out which

ones have the good kind and which ones have the bad kind (that is,

if more than one type of ginger is used in the various perfumes.)

yeah, me too-- I've been ignoring it for like a month but then was looking for something to test out "happy pheros" so I remembered how much I like it.

• 5 months later...

This one sounds SO good!

Not just the effects, but the scent as well - but unfortunately, it turned out to be one of the ones that caused me trouble with the cart because it was, in fact, sold out.

I think part of the reason I wanted it so much was the label, it's adorable! :hearts0425:

Might have to get a bottle of Topper then (next month) because the effects sound right up my alley. :)

This is really strange, I've been wearing it for the past few days out, and at first spray (when it's very wet on skin) I really don't like the scent. It's almost *too* green/lush for me, but within a minute (I guess thanks to the alcohol) this goes away and I know it's not in the notes in the fragrance but it really smells like a light green/floral to me. Sparkly almost.

Anyway - funny story, I sprayed it on today, and an old family friend, a lady in her 70's, stopped in her tracks and exclaimed "WHAT is that smell??? It's SO GOOD!" LOL! I told her it was my perfume, and I ended up giving her the rest of my trial spray of Strange Attractors (probably about 2/3 left in there). She'll try it out now for the next little while - though from what I gather she seems to already want a bottle!

Green/lush is a good way for me to describe this one too on me!

This one is very unusual for me, strange perhaps because I get that same green/lush with a bit of the tonka when wet. Once dry and after a few hours the ginger and amber amp on me, but very little of everything else. It's a nice scent but a bit off for me. I've tried it a few times to see if on different days my chemistry is different, same results. Next will try it on a willing guy to see how it works with him!

My boyfriend wears this all the time. It's WAY better on him than on me. On me it's all ginger, all the time. On him it's very much like a classic men's cologne. For some reason, it always makes me picture the twenties. It feels like it would fit the scents of that era, for some reason. It actually reminds me very much of some classic men's soap recipes I found in my aromatherapy books. I'm glad he loves it so much, 'cause it smells amazing on him. :)

I finally decided to get another bottle of this....gone! I'm really disappointed! It was to be a surprise birthday gift for bf. no idea why I hesitated so long, it happened with New, Allumette too. How dumb to let it happen again. Duh! It's soooo nice on both of us.

Oh really? For some reason I totally thought this was a permanent collection one. Strange. Good stuff. There has to be something else coming with Topper in it but if she did a rebrew of this, yes I've been meaning to get this and steamy daydreams.

I finally decided to get another bottle of this....gone! I'm really disappointed! It was to be a surprise birthday gift for bf. no idea why I hesitated so long, it happened with New, Allumette too. How dumb to let it happen again. Duh! It's soooo nice on both of us.

Oh really? For some reason I totally thought this was a permanent collection one. Strange. Good stuff. There has to be something else coming with Topper in it but if she did a rebrew of this, yes I've been meaning to get this and steamy daydreams.

I totally forgot about this one... Its one that has been on the list to purchase but got pushed to the back, but with phero month coming up in a few weeks I know I will find something I love and I'm hopeful that something else will have Topper in it....

True--that beachy sprite smell is really appealing and multi-functional

• 2 years later...

This is a pleasant fragrance that is decently unisex and easy to layer with a wide variety of scents. Alone it is a neutral and inoffensive warm fragrance. Topper and I don't seem to be besties just yet though and this scent just wasn't blowing me away enough to keep in my last round of de-stashing.

• 2 years later...

I know that topper is an additive, but I used to wear it by itself or paired with cops to try and tone down the cops. I couldn’t figure out the throw on this. I did not get any self effects. When I wore it alone I never got hits. People were nice, but not overly nice. Both men and women would compliment the fragrance which was kind of spicy, but that was it. I think it had an effect on people because I felt like people would become more upbeat when I was around and they would get really chatty – just not with me! Only with each other! For example, I walk in no one is talking. Then I would sit there for a while and it would turn into a zoo with people talking loudly and laughing to one another. It was so odd.

I hope to get my hands on this one eventually through the trade boards. I think it was once offered in a mini spray? I really loved my little mini spray of Summershine. I do amp nutmeg, can anyone tell me if the nutmeg is prominent or more laid back?

I like to wear UN Topper alone with another perfume, especially if I need a fresh start or I'm feeling indecisive or sluggish. I'm not sure if it's the DHEAS alone or the DHEAS and Alpha-Androstenol together, but it always perks me up and puts me in a better mood. I think the DHEAS affect me more, but I'll find out soon enough! I imagine there's a DHEAS vs. Alpha-A thread on here somewhere.

UN Topper makes me more outgoing, so I don't know if other people respond to Topper like I do, but people tend to count on me for a little joviality, so they're either responding to the phero's or they just like it when I go into my stand-up comic persona. Honeycake, you have to engage other people, you can't just wait for them to be drawn to you. Otherwise everyone else get gets to ride on your free phero tails! Have you tried Popularity Potion? It seems like you want a good upbeat social blend, like maybe SS4W. Does Cougar work for you? I'm still not sure if Cougar is my thing, but I do really well with Open Windows and Treasured Hearts. Levitation also rock my boat, but maybe because of the DHEAS and Alpha-Androstenol, like Topper. So if you don't get any selfies with UN Topper, maybe the same for Levitation. LFM and Lumina are also great for socializing, and both have a strong female vibe.

You have to figure out what works with your personality, what makes you more YOU. Or brings out the quieter parts, or balances you out. I'm already kind of out there, so I don't notice much as far as results with PP, Cougar, or SS4W. I tend to do better with stuff that makes me happy, or helps to bring out emotions/closeness or the touchy feely vibe. Phero's that make me more empathetic are good for me so I don't just run right over people with my stories and jokes. It's good for me to slow down and listen, get out of myself a little more and pay attention to others and be more sensitive to their feelings.

What phero's do give you selfies?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eastwood,

I don't remember if there is nutmeg in Topper. I got more black pepper-sweet smell, but that is just my body chemistry.

Popularity Potion works well for me.

SS4W, Lumina, Treasured Hearts, and Cougar did not work for me. I haven't tried Open Windows yet.

Levitation is actually the one phero that I do get self effects from and it works on others.

I hope to get my hands on this one eventually through the trade boards. I think it was once offered in a mini spray? I really loved my little mini spray of Summershine. I do amp nutmeg, can anyone tell me if the nutmeg is prominent or more laid back?

I like to wear UN Topper alone with another perfume, especially if I need a fresh start or I'm feeling indecisive or sluggish. I'm not sure if it's the DHEAS alone or the DHEAS and Alpha-Androstenol together, but it always perks me up and puts me in a better mood. I think the DHEAS affect me more, but I'll find out soon enough! I imagine there's a DHEAS vs. Alpha-A thread on here somewhere.

UN Topper makes me more outgoing, so I don't know if other people respond to Topper like I do, but people tend to count on me for a little joviality, so they're either responding to the phero's or they just like it when I go into my stand-up comic persona. Honeycake, you have to engage other people, you can't just wait for them to be drawn to you. Otherwise everyone else get gets to ride on your free phero tails! Have you tried Popularity Potion? It seems like you want a good upbeat social blend, like maybe SS4W. Does Cougar work for you? I'm still not sure if Cougar is my thing, but I do really well with Open Windows and Treasured Hearts. Levitation also rock my boat, but maybe because of the DHEAS and Alpha-Androstenol, like Topper. So if you don't get any selfies with UN Topper, maybe the same for Levitation. LFM and Lumina are also great for socializing, and both have a strong female vibe.

You have to figure out what works with your personality, what makes you more YOU. Or brings out the quieter parts, or balances you out. I'm already kind of out there, so I don't notice much as far as results with PP, Cougar, or SS4W. I tend to do better with stuff that makes me happy, or helps to bring out emotions/closeness or the touchy feely vibe. Phero's that make me more empathetic are good for me so I don't just run right over people with my stories and jokes. It's good for me to slow down and listen, get out of myself a little more and pay attention to others and be more sensitive to their feelings.

What phero's do give you selfies?