Beccah

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if layering this with CP would bring out more eggnog for anyone not getting enough? I'll test it out...be back soon :)

Okay, for some reason this blend is giving me a headache. I think it's the CP. It does add spicy-ness to the Merry!

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

First on, this smelled incredible, like fruity eggnog, with just the right amount of spice. I love me some sandalwood, and it's perfect in this. But after about ten minutes, the mulberry started threatening to rebel. I really like this on the vial, so I will definitely test this again to see how it works at another point.

I'm totally making some of this into a spray tonight! This is SUCH a yummy scent :D SO huff worthy!

A pleasant, soft scent. Little bit of fruit. Wouldn't say the eggnog is a very strong element for me. No note stood out on it's own - well balanced on my skin.

Not a lot of sillage though.

Ooh... Lace will be so nice with this one, won't it? I'm excited for you!

I'm wearing this with UN Balm Bomb today. This week is the lead-up to The Dot. I need a bit of back up to keep me from biting. They go nicely together, too.

I don't know if I reviewed Merry! or not...

On first application I get sweet, soft berries. This is a surprise for me, 'cause raspberry usually smells weird and plastic-like on my skin. But this mulberry has remained true for a few hours now. I didn't get a lot of eggnog at first. Just berries, and a hint of pinkness. But there's an underlying creaminess to it that started to come out about an hour or so after I applied. It's almost like eggnog that's been tempered with a little cream or milk. It's really pretty, and it's not so Christmasy that it couldn't be worn any other time of the year without a bevy of funny looks and annoying "what-smells-like-Christmas-candle?" comments being tossed about.

Pink eggnog. PINK eggnog.

Oh yes.

Years ago I remember seeing a really tempting albeit really fattening recipe for raspberry eggnog. At first it's all sugared berries, but give it about half a minute and they get swirled with this wonderful vanilla-creamy eggnog that may have just the barest hint of spice but not enough to take over or clash with everything else. I got so addicted to huffing this I was in a constant cloud of it for two days in a row. I think the magazine with that recipe has long since been recycled but this scent is what I imagine it to taste like. If that makes any sense at all.

Mmmm...yes, this one is delish! What you said makes perfect sense! I converted some into a spray and had worn it several days in a row before realizing that I don't think I've ever worn the same scent more than 2 days, but usually I switch up everyday. I can see how this could become addictive!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this again- shook dickens out of it first. Still not gettin eggnog on its own, but the pink is much creamier this time - light colored, opaque, thick fudgy pink. This reminds me more than anything of sparkle fuchsia, but I like this one better - the pink in this doesn't have the weird thing that some pinks like SF sometimes do on me.

Tried this again- shook dickens out of it first. Still not gettin eggnog on its own, but the pink is much creamier this time - light colored, opaque, thick fudgy pink. This reminds me more than anything of sparkle fuchsia, but I like this one better - the pink in this doesn't have the weird thing that some pinks like SF sometimes do on me.

I wore this today, and about an hour after I applied- I kept thinking this smells like Sparkle Fuschia. How funny that you thought the same thing! Your so right about the creaminess...so yummy! I'm thinking about getting this in a spray and boosting it with Bang! (LV's idea)

I'm thinking about getting this in a spray and boosting it with Bang! (LV's idea)

YESYESYES!!! DO IT!DO IT!DO IT!

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally caved and ordered a sample and received it today. OMFG. Have I been missing out. I LOve this. It's smells just like bubble gum or fruit punch. A tiny but eggnogy. But yes I have lost my shit over this one. Ordering a full bottle- maybe boosted w cops!

So I finally caved and ordered a sample and received it today. OMFG. Have I been missing out. I LOve this. It's smells just like bubble gum or fruit punch. A tiny but eggnogy. But yes I have lost my shit over this one. Ordering a full bottle- maybe boosted w cops!

ohh darn I wish i ordered fb of this now..oh cant wait until my sample arrives

• 3 weeks later...

I really should have ordered a bottle of this in my last order. I find that it goes well with some if my other scents that may benefit from pink creaminess. Today I wore it with Hanagumori and it was a great combo. Perfect for work and I had several people ask what smelled so good. I love being able to say it's me!

I think I've seen elsewhere on the forum that you did get this boosted w/ cops. Did the cops change it much? Does Merry do a good job of covering? I'm getting ready to order and I'm thinking that a cops boost would be a good choice.

I ended up ordering a second bottle boosted with cops because its sooooo good! It covers it so well and I can't smell any cop stink at all! I don't think it changed the original scent of it either. It's been my go-to lately.

I ended up ordering a second bottle boosted with cops because its sooooo good! It covers it so well and I can't smell any cop stink at all! I don't think it changed the original scent of it either. It's been my go-to lately.

Yay! Thanks for the info. I'm getting a bottle boosted for sure.

I made a 5ml spray with this that is 40/60 oil/alcohol plus 10 drops EoW and all I get is Merry! It's AWESOME and smells divine...you'd never know it's there...imagine how much better it will be from LP!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Aging to perfection. It's peeenk eggnog, super creamy but sultry and warm. In "feel" it rather reminds me of lusty licious (or musty lockouts as autocorrect would have it) -- that same very full, round, tree dimensional, creamy, almost chewy fudgy pinkness. May need bottle with cops

Aging to perfection. It's peeenk eggnog, super creamy but sultry and warm. In "feel" it rather reminds me of lusty licious (or musty lockouts as autocorrect would have it) -- that same very full, round, tree dimensional, creamy, almost chewy fudgy pinkness. May need bottle with cops

I love my Merry with cops! I have almost gone through a full bottle. I use it all the time for layering. Chewy...I love that description. :)

• 1 month later...

Halo is SPOT ON with the "creamier not smokey version of Blushing Embers". Mmmm. I get way more Mulberry than eggnog...no sandalwood or spice...YET. It is very pretty, girly and fun.Yes, it is bottled Lady V...

I was not a Blushing Embers Fan but this is so yummy on fruity on me, where BE never worked for me

• 1 month later...

Got a sample of this with my first order, and decided to try it out today - just a tiny smidge on my wrist, because in the bottle it smelled very very strong and sweet and fruity and red; like sticky, sweet, red candy.

Extremely sweet, and I am not a huge fan of fruity sweet stuff...

On my skin it is a little lighter fortunately than in the sample vial; still very sweet berry though. Very red, but a bit more sparkly fizzy red than the sticky I smelled before.

Diluted with some soda water (or, you know, maybe wodka or gin... :cheers04251: ) it might make a great drink - not so sure about wearing it as a scent though.

However, it's now been on my skin for about 30-45 minutes, and it's mellowing out great!

Most of the sticky red sweetness is gone, and what is left is a sort of... creamy sandalwood? Still quite sweet but in a much more sophisticated way.

It also smells a lot less strong, I have to almost press my nose to my skin to smell it properly now.

I really rather like it now!

Still sort of reminds me of booze, or maybe just the warm, sweet, sloppy feeling you can get from being really rather drunk.

I'm going to have to try this again; I'm not crazy about the initial stage, but what is left after those red berries have gone is quite lovely!

Edit: Hey, I am a sorcerer's apprentice now!

That sounds like fun... Wonder if I can do the thing with the brooms and the buckets of soap now, like in Fantasia?

Edited by ssupytalp