The Sand Box

quietguy

This is another one of my big "likes" from LPMP. The Sand Box is listed as a scent for both men and women, however, like its cousin "Cry Havoc", it is certainly masculine enough to be worn by a man. The deeper notes of the musk, amber and resins are the strongest with the vanilla smoothing everything out. This is a deep but smooth scent - not quite as spicy as "Cry Havoc" but certainly as deep. This one is also well worth a full bottle in my book.

I accidentally responded to the wrong review, so this is a bit of a repeat: The Sand Box is one of the few unisex scents I liked, mostly because it's a lot less asexual than say, Unisexy-in fact I think a blend like The Sand Box might have been better for Perfect Match, or even SWS. Whether I'll get a whole bottle despite what I liked about it, that depends on whether there will be any similar resiny and spicy blends in the pipeline, and January will be here real soon.

• 1 year later...

Stole a couple of swipes from my wife's sample of this today. Every once in a while I'd catch a whiff of myself and for a split second think, 'What smells so good? Oh yeah... it's me.' My wife got home from work and asked me what I was wearing because she thought I smelled 'yummy.' Told her what it was and she hit me (just a love tap). 'I'm rationing that for special occasions!' She LOVES this scent (so do I) and agreed that we amp different notes but that this scent works great on both of us.

• 1 year later...
Guest Sonatine

It's funny. I am not looking at the notes, and I am not looking at the review. However, whoever wrote the review on Amazon about The Sand Box reminding them of a fig farm they visited in Tuscany during the summer hit the nail it right on the nose.

Now when I wore this last week when it was 90 degrees and slightly humid. Women's heads would snap when I walked by. That is because the resins and fig give the fragrance a dry and only very slightly sweet earth scent, which is not cloying at all.

It's funny. I am not looking at the notes, and I am not looking at the review. However, whoever wrote the review on Amazon about The Sand Box reminding them of a fig farm they visited in Tuscany during the summer hit the nail it right on the nose.

Now when I wore this last week when it was 90 degrees and slightly humid. Women's heads would snap when I walked by. That is because the resins and fig give the fragrance a dry and only very slightly sweet earth scent, which is not cloying at all.

Get some Cry Havoc before it disappears if you have not done so already. Women snort that one up also.

I love The Sand Box, it makes my toes curl with pleasure. I enjoy Cry Havoc too, but The Sand Box has that extra-special something.

Guest Sonatine

I think the think the thing with the Sand Box is that there is no frame of reference. For example Voracious, on me had a cappuccino vibe going on like some LMP and commercial scents.

However, The Sand Box smells like nothing else. Plus it breaks the mold of what a summer fragrance Not an office fragrance but definitely a cool fragrance for going out casually, or formally on Summer afternoons or evenings.

I guess if you don't already have a frame of reference, but since Mara has created a number of fig-based scents over the years, it's everything I love about the way she uses dry/green fig in a fragrance.

• 1 year later...

There's a pretty cool olfactory 'trick' going on here if you look for it. The concept is discovering an ancient Egyptian tomb and the treasure that lies within. Well, in order to get to the treasure, you need to exhume it first,right? I see that the top note of The Sand Box is a silty topsoil note :) so,in essence, you have to 'dig' through the dirt in order to excavate the treasure underneath! Cool! I see what you did there,Mara Fox! Pretty neat! And after that,make no mistake, the treasure is a thick, creamy Egyptian Musk! Yes, there's some of the lighter,more golden resins here and a Lil bit of fig, but it's all just support for a glorious musk. It's alllll about that musk! It's gorgeous! The only thing is that either the musk only lasts a few hours or I become anosmic to it after awhile. So as far as what I can smell,it only stays around three hours. But others may very well trace it on me much longer, I'll have to ask someone. It's a neat scent though,I'm really glad to have it!

• 5 months later...

Wow. I don't even know what the notes in this one are, but it smelled amazing. Or, rather, my man did during the 2 minutes I got to huff him. Now I'm waiting around for him to come home so I can smell it again. I saw Luna said green fig, I guess the fig I've been avoiding wasn't this one! Or it smells terrible on me and fantastic on him. I want to play in the Sand Box, very nice in there.

• 1 year later...

I'd forgotten just how great this scent smells!  I had asked for a custom label for my bride in this scent (I named it Bastet's Closet for her) and she was wearing it today.  It is such a wonderful scent!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping for charity auction!

Holy crap, people that love this one, REALLY love it. If you are considering bidding on a bottle for your man, this is my pick hands down. That said it’s definitely wearable for women. It’s just that it is lose your mind sexy and HAWT on a guy. Like when you find yourself attracted to a man who is definitely not your type and can’t figure out why. It’s this. His smell. 

15 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

Bumping for charity auction!

Holy crap, people that love this one, REALLY love it. If you are considering bidding on a bottle for your man, this is my pick hands down. That said it’s definitely wearable for women. It’s just that it is lose your mind sexy and HAWT on a guy. Like when you find yourself attracted to a man who is definitely not your type and can’t figure out why. It’s this. His smell. 

I have to say, this also smells AMAZING on a woman.  My bride fell in love with this scent and it smells incredible on her.

4 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

I have to say, this also smells AMAZING on a woman.  My bride fell in love with this scent and it smells incredible on her.

Yeah I absolutely agree! It definitely can go either way. I can’t tell you how many dozens of male customers I talk to specifically asking for this one or something similar though. We don’t really hear from them on the forum so I wanted to highlight it for men because trust me it’s a huge cult classic with the guys. Even really really picky guys seem to like this one. I imagine the attention from the ladies it likely inspires is at least partially responsible for that! Lol

20 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

Yeah I absolutely agree! It definitely can go either way. I can’t tell you how many dozens of male customers I talk to specifically asking for this one or something similar though. We don’t really hear from them on the forum so I wanted to highlight it for men because trust me it’s a huge cult classic with the guys. Even really really picky guys seem to like this one. I imagine the attention from the ladies it likely inspires is at least partially responsible for that! Lol

I can imagine that it would smell great on a guy (I wouldn't know as my bride hoards her bottle and won't let me wear it!)  :Emoticons10311:

Oh, so funny! It's one of my man's favorites, it never would've occurred to me to try it on myself. It is super sexy on him, it's one of those that no matter how good I smell, he says, "smell me! I smell better."