Honeyed Love Potion w/Gotcha!

Beccah

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very promising review! Darn the sneezies and germs. Question -- do you want us to call you "Vixen" or "Shaywinnie"? I smile everytime I see your posts signed with "Vixen," and always think what a cool forum nomenclature that makes!

Hey Just Ducky,

The sneezies are Murphy's Law at best. Hopefully, my big order comes this week because I have plans this weekend. :666: For my name, I'd like to change it to Vixen, but I think I'm stuck with Shaywinnie. I prefer Vixen because these scents make me feel like embracing my naughty side.

It's so hard not to slather this fragrance. I'm wearing it today and thinking "WOW!"

Update: Unusual occurence today. A lady walked to the middle of my office aisle and said, "What is that smell??" My officemate said, "Maybe, it's my perfume <offers arm for sniff test." Lady says no that's not it. I hesitate, decide oh well, and say, "It might be me <slowly offers wrist for sniff>." Lady EXCLAIMS (loudly), "That's it!!! You smell great like an incense! What is that scent?"

o_O I think OH NO!! Maybe I OD'd or the perfume is too strong. Could a woman "hit?" She never really talks to me or compliments me.

Maybe she just likes the perfume. I can't share my secret because we are in the same office. I know...stingy, but I just can't.

Edited by shaywinnie

Tehehe...I've only shared my "secret" so far with one other gf, lol, I totally relate...sometimes it's fun to have something all your own ^_~

Oh boy. I adore this scent. It smells like HONEY. Apricot dripping in honey. The edible kind of honey, because I was wanting to chew on my wrist.

Is there amber in this? Because I get a faint amber. I am SO SO saaaad that my skin just eats this up. As the scent fades there's also a slight plasticy smell about it. I seriously would not give a **** if the scent lasted longer on me. I'd start hoarding.

The S.O. had enough tact to say, "I'm not sure if I'm going to offend you, but it smells like a candle....but a really really good candle! I'd say if a candle smelled like that it would be the best candle I've ever smelled!" when asked. So I decided to spare his life.

:lol: The "candle" thing again. I think they mean well LOL!

Honeyed Love Potion is like a younger sister of LP Original or LP Red. The apricot is still prominent, but dripping with golden honey and a dash of vanilla. It's warm and lovely. And the Gotcha! phero is very suitable for this scent, a wonderful combination.

• 3 weeks later...

Honeyed Love Potion is like a younger sister of LP Original or LP Red. The apricot is still prominent, but dripping with golden honey and a dash of vanilla. It's warm and lovely. And the Gotcha! phero is very suitable for this scent, a wonderful combination.

I love LP Red and that must be the reason I love Honeyed Love Potion w/Gotcha!

Tried this for the first time properly today. I assumed I'd find the honey a little overpowering, that it why it has taken so long to get started on this one. But the honey with the apricot is very light and almost sparkly, if that makes sense. It is such a lovely fruity scent with an almost honeysuckle sweet lightness to it. Hubbs likes it for sure.

Ooh. Hello pretty.

This is a much softer version of LP. The honey really brings the creaminess to the forefront. It's really warm and snuggly with no sharp edges whatsoever.

Every LP variant has amber in it, it's part of the LP base.

Errr, okay. Could someone explain the 'LP' idea to me? I've got LP Red which is really strong, almost rogue-ish and is going to have to wait until my next reincarnation, possibly. I really can't think of when I would want to use that. There's LP#9 which is lovely and elegant, but alas, I'm not the 'elegant' type. I will wear it anyway and perhaps go shopping for a top hat and tails :) I have LP#7 which I LOVE!!!! This is gorgeous and a full bottle is awaiting funding. Hopefully it will still be there when I manage to find the coin. And I have Honeyed LP which is lovely; smells quite dessert-y with that apricot slather in there. All that one needs is a willing tongue...

But what's the basic LP smell or basenotes? I'm not clear on it. Meanwhile, back to the forum for clues :)

With the exception of LP9, (the ingredients for that one were chosen by the songwriters of the song by the same name), the LP line are all vanilla-based scents with the same core ingredients - vanilla, amber, patchouli, apricot, verbena - then I dress them in different outfits and frilly hats for various moods and seasons of the year.

:heart106:

Ahh! That explains a lot. Methinks LP#7 is one of the lighter of the batches and perhaps a lot like #9. There's no way #9 has vanilla, though. I forget what I read about it but that must be a light citrus or verbena and a resin, combined by a genius.

I think between reading forums all day and trying about five different combos now, my brain is OD'd :)

They should teach this stuff in school. Instead of stupid math.

Edited to say, not resin, but musk. I have no idea how you did that. You managed to put the smell of a 1940's black and white movie romance into a bottle.

Edited by signalfire

LOL! Well, when Leiber and Stoller approached me about making Love Potion #9, they were in their 80's, so you're not too far off with the era. They wanted something timeless and classic rather than cute and foody (which is my norm). LP9 is mainly musks with a hint of citrus and a dash of white amber.

LP7 was constructed more like my others, but also has a lot of musk (green musk) so I can see where you might find similarities between those two.

Try LP Red on a date sometime. Just try...see what happens. :wink2:

Ohhhh SF,do try LP Red in a few weeks,then a few weeks after :D ...I truly did not care for it first time ,and now it is one of my top favs,especially paired with OCCO Red,the final dry down is this totally ah-mazinging sweet sensual smokiness, that lasts through the night <drool>

...ok,gotta wear it tonight :lol:

Yup, some musicians in their 80s would have really wanted to recreate that 1940s style era :) I've had that song wonderfully stuck in my head ever since I found this forum.

Red LP on a date, huh?

I'm getting so many mixed signals from this new guy (and the first real interest in lo these many years!) that I'm not sure what the outcome would be, truly.

Maybe I'll damn the torpedoes and wear it and play hard to get myself, for a change. :witch02738:

Really?! Eh. Oh. Hmph. Ug. LP Red. Umph. Shz. You ladies are killing me. Now I want to try LP Red again to give it a go. I don't NOT like it, it just wasn't a favorite but I would be willing to wear it more often if it effected others the way you are all describing. Ech. Sheesh. The only sample of it I have is Red Lace. Is Red the same as Red Lace, just phero'd? How can I stop with someone/thing feeding my addiction everytime I turn around? :001_tt2:

I am not sure what it smelled like but I the patchouli and honey both definitely presented themselves and I REALLY liked this and then within two hours it smelled ... off. Later my skin ate it so I have no idea how I smelled to everyone else! :-(

I will try again in a few days in case hormones are playing a role in how it morphed because I really want this one to be a FB.

Really?! Eh. Oh. Hmph. Ug. LP Red. Umph. Shz. You ladies are killing me. Now I want to try LP Red again to give it a go. I don't NOT like it, it just wasn't a favorite but I would be willing to wear it more often if it effected others the way you are all describing. Ech. Sheesh. The only sample of it I have is Red Lace. Is Red the same as Red Lace, just phero'd? How can I stop with someone/thing feeding my addiction everytime I turn around? :001_tt2:

I think Calii said that she thought Red Lace came off different than straight LP Red. (?) Can't say for sure...never tried the Lace one.

Thanks MissD. May have to get a sample and give this one another go...or just get the fb. I was on the review thread and everyone makes it sound so scrummy...

• 1 month later...

Gahhhh,if you ave not tried Honeyed Love Potion in a few weeks,do so,it is aging soooooooo beautifully,huffa huffa huffa...& the Gotcha is getting to me already...heh,gosh even more typos than usual :rofl222:

• 2 weeks later...

I am LOVING this! Honey doesn't like me at all but this one works. Thank goodness because I do so love the honey scents. This one dries to a more apricot smell so the honey doesn't amp too loud. or maybe because there are multiple honeys in this?? That mixed with the spiciness and vanilla gives me a lighter spicy scent I can wear in the warmer months.

I mentioned this on the S and V review thread too: I pair Honeyed LP w/ Sex and Viiolins..... YUMMERS!

Edited by Raq On

I am LOVING this! Honey doesn't like me at all but this one works. Thank goodness because I do so love the honey scents. This one dries to a more apricot smell so the honey doesn't amp too loud. or maybe because there are multiple honeys in this?? That mixed with the spiciness and vanilla gives me a lighter spicy scent I can wear in the warmer months.

I mentioned this on the S and V review thread too: I pair Honeyed LP w/ Sex and Viiolins..... YUMMERS!

I really need to try the two of these together...I love both of these, so this should be outstanding....

HEY MDC! Glad to see you. I feel like I've been so out of the loop lately. Planting time.

Hi Raq! I have been wayyyyy out of the loop myself...this is the longest I have gone without buying LP's in almost three years. Missed two months! And I've been a little distracted from the forum too.

Hi Raq! I have been wayyyyy out of the loop myself...this is the longest I have gone without buying LP's in almost three years. Missed two months! And I've been a little distracted from the forum too.

Why? new guy?? (raises eyebrows)

I totally missed March and this spring's been busy, one kid graduating, helping my now widowed mom, and it's always busy this time of year with gardening. I feel like I've missed so much.

I can appreciate the complexity of this - I get the honey, the patchouli, and the apricot, all in different stages and morphing amongst one another. But I don't think it's "me". I think possibly the patch overwhelms my skin and it becomes nasty after just a few minutes. I am intrigued by Gotcha!, but I think I will try it in a different blend.

I think Calii said that she thought Red Lace came off different than straight LP Red. (?) Can't say for sure...never tried the Lace one.

I had LP Red Lace and for me the apricot was the only note that I could smell. However in this one the apricot is toned down and the honey is more promonient and it does work well on me

Edited by dolphindolls2

I had LP Red Lace and for me the apricot was the only note that I could smell. However in this one the apricot is toned down and the honey is more promonient and it does work well on me

Man, I wish I amped apricot!! I get the spices in Red Lace. I get more apricot in honeyed though! I am wearing honeyed today, yum!!