Dance With Desire

Beccah

AD-DanceDesire-LovePotion.jpg

Dance with Desire

An alluring signature of the sophistication of tuberose coupled with smooth Egyptian musk and powdery vanilla, slathered on a luxurious bed of cocoa butter…delicate decorum can lead to salivating lust, it all depends on the steps you take when you dance with desire…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

I love tuberose, but the cocoa butter and Egyptian musks were wild cards for me. Most chocolates are no's for me, but cocoa butter can be nice. I don't get much of that at all with this. I get a ton of musk, almost skin like but darker. The tuberose is incredible!! It's so heady that it can easily overpower, but not in this. It plays nicely with the others in this. The vanilla is creamy. A romantic, decadent scent!

Wet this is tuberose and cocoa butter. I haven't worn tuberose for years, reminds me of my early twenties. It's softening up nicely. This one is really gorgeous, just don't know if I can hang with the tuberose. The musk is coming through nicely now.

Well...you would think after all these years I would know what I am smelling...you would be wrong :lol: While not a typical Calii scent,it is pleasing,deeply rich and really incredibly long lasting.

Halo -- I have to agree! It's an absolutely luscious fragrance, but the tuberose zaps me straight back to high school. I was hoping the cocoa butter and musk would keep things in line, but no such luck. Drat!

The first time I tried this it was all tuberose and nothing else. The tuberose was very strong and overwhelmed all of the other notes. I am going to retest this to see if it settles a bit and the other notes can have their share of scent time. Tuberose is a drama queen on my skin. She does not like to share the spotlight.

I wore this one this afternoon after my shower. I used some cocoa butter to moisturize and hoped that it would help bring out the cocoa butter in this. It did not; I just don't get it in this. But that is a good thing, because I did not like how my butter smelled with this scent. But the tuberose...I'm sorry that you ladies are burned out on it because it is so fab (for me. at least). It's almost like my skin is secreting this and the musk.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, tuberose is soooo strong on me, usually. I love most white/tropical florals but a few of them just amp to 15 with my chemistry. After a while the tuberose backs off a bit although it is still very firmly in the center of the construction. I like this one in the vial much more than on me, the other notes provide a smooth sweet frame to the tuberose, it's really an inspired blending; I just don't know if I can wear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Luna this smells better in the vial than on me. I do like it but there is something that gets on my nerves and that might be too much tuberose. Or is it just the combo of Cocoa Butter and tuberose?

I can see wearing this in a certain setting, I think right now it is just a little overpowering for me.

Definitley a night time scent and if it works on you I think it does call for a sexy coppy phero...and Cuddle Bunny would be nice!

Like Luna this smells better in the vial than on me. I do like it but there is something that gets on my nerves and that might be too much tuberose. Or is it just the combo of Cocoa Butter and tuberose?

I can see wearing this in a certain setting, I think right now it is just a little overpowering for me.

Definitley a night time scent and if it works on you I think it does call for a sexy coppy phero...and Cuddle Bunny would be nice!

eta: so many pheros would go with this I think...Bang or LFN too.

eta: I meant to edit that last post...not talk to myself!!!!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 2 months later...

I must be the total opposite of you guys--this smells better on me than in the bottle! This is exotic and swoon-worthy. The cocoa butter adds just a hint of a cocoa undertone but doesn't come off as chocolate, which would probably clash with the tuberose in this particular case. I love tuberose, loved it ever since I was twelve and would sit in Aunt Beast's bathroom just to huff her tuberose soap. Heady, exotic, a bit sweet but not overly so. It's something of a "humid" scent without the aftereffect of bad hair. Really, really sexy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am discovering a belated love for cocoa butter scents... Loving this one today! It's still very much cocoa butter on me, with the tuberose tagging along. The musk and vanilla really just even it all out and make it scrumptious!

• 1 year later...
Guest cutie.pie

On my skin this is foody, almost greasy (??) Don't know if it's cocoa butter that I smell... My skin doesn't like it :(

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious if anyone could elaborate on the tuberose in this one. I *love* tuberose. I usually tend to prefer the lush, heady variation of it. I was going to add Perfect Match to either Vampire Bait or this. I haven't had the opportunity to try the note in any LP scent yet. For a better assessment for myself because I believe the majority would be familiar -- how does it compare to the tuberose in Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle or even the more mainstream Michael by Michael Kors? (Of course minus the insane alcohol.) It helps me garner a range by illustration. Thank you. :)

For a better assessment for myself because I believe the majority would be familiar -- how does it compare to the tuberose in Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle or even the more mainstream Michael by Michael Kors? (Of course minus the insane alcohol.) It helps me garner a range by illustration. Thank you!

I wouldn't be able to because I don't know a lot of contemporary commercial fragrance; I've worn only artisan fragrances for nearly a decade now. But it contains a really lush decadent weighty type of tuberose, which is accentuated by the cocoa butter.

• 2 weeks later...

@Luna ~ Thank you! Ah, *decadent* -- Perfect word for how I enjoy tuberose and what I perceived the feel of this scent would be given the cocoa butter.

@Reincarnated ~ I'll be ordering a sniffie; will add more once I experience this gem!

HA! I know right?! Ah, the ever-present conundrum. I did see that in the NRs! :) I'm not a cakey girl but I AM a surprise loving one! ;) And LPMP has unlaced quite a few for me. SO, I look very forward to hearing everyone's review on it, including yours! :)

One of my next orders is going to include it along with some sugared layerables.... I'm thinking to perhaps wait a little to read reviews on various notes to discern which florals I'd like as sugared and which ones as cake...

either way, I *have* to have this one. I'm a salsa dancer, it's meant to be...

Edited by reincarnated