Risen

quietguy

Ingredients:

AMBERGRIS ~ Increases personal power, heightens sexual responses, dreaming.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.

COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.

DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

I cannot believe that Risen has not been reviewed already in the Men's Forum. This is a very good cologne. Risen is listed as Unisex scent but to me it comes across as a very light, masculine cologne. I am sure that women who like to wear certain mens' scents probably can wear this one but it seems more masculine than feminine to me.

Risen is at its heart a light patchouli scent. But this patchouli partners with the frankincense. And it is a very good partnership. The two blend and work very well together. And then underneath this smooth blend of patchouli and frankincense is the ambergis. I can often take or leave Patchouli scents but I really like this one given the lightness of the patchouli and the overall blend.

If you like patchouli at all, you need to try this scent.

I really like Risen. I never got the chance to get a full bottle before life got in the way. I especially like the ambergris that is in Risen. If I remember correctly though, Mara said that ambergris was no longer being sold. *sniff* I had a PE made with that and burned through about 3 bottles of it in a summer.

• 3 years later...

Since this is in the freebie list for the sale, I figured I'd give it a quick review from a girls perspective, in case someone is eyeing it. :)

I like this, but it's not at all what I expected. I have come to the conclusion that it's Copal which smells like brand new school textbooks to me, because this opens with that smell, just as Espiritual does and they are both really Copal heavy scents. It's a neat opening. It brings a wave of nostalgia, like I'm back in elementary school with a hinge lid desk full of new books, and when I open the lid the smell of glossy paper, shiny cardboard and contact paper( a vinyl like note) comes wafting out.

After about twenty minutes, this recedes. I get a bit of frankincense, but it's not being burned. It's a bit salty from the ambergris, and dusty from dragons blood and the patch has almost a leathery quality.

It evokes smoke because it's a diaphanous scent. Very sheer, and that's where it's different from what I expected. I thought these notes would make quite a power house, but it's not that. It dies down to a skin scent within a half hour and that's where it loses me. I really enjoy the smell of this, just wish it was more intense.

It does have a bit of magic to it though. A power. I imagine you could use it for ritual work as an ancestor oil. Definetly on the male tilt of the unisex spectrum, but I'm sure ladies would dig it too. It's comforting and soft incense. But for me, I have Espiritual for this sort of vibe which is stronger in general.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Thank you so much Cheeseburger, I'm eyeing this one :) My only hesitation is the ambergris, I have no idea what that smells like. The rest of the notes sound right up my alley though.

It's sort of musky and sweetish/salty. It's an Animalic musk note, but still a semi clean one. Not skanky like say, civet. I dig it! It definetly works here. If I could make this scent louder, I would order it too! But I'm a weirdo like that. I dig stuff like Poison and Giorgio. If you like softer wearing scents, I say go for it!