Unisexy 2012

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AD-Unisexy-LovePotion_.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very curious to try this with PM in it, I liked the first version (with B2) pretty well. It was just gone before I got the chance to go full bottle. You snooze, you lose!

Mmmm, looking forward to trying this,even though I have a nice bit of the original left, it is one of my go to comfort association scents. :D

Was lucky enough to snag a few bottles of Rosebud's Vanilla Maplewood in the year before sale,it is a sweeter,but similar scent,and it takes cops nicely,so betting this would too :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is soooo different to my nose than the last incarnation of Unisexy. It's powdery and sweet in a totally different way. I am still trying to wrap my nose around it. The tobacco goes sour on me for awhile during drydown but then calms down. I honestly hate it during that stage but i do like the long drydown. Unsure if i will keep this or not.

This is soooo different to my nose than the last incarnation of Unisexy. It's powdery and sweet in a totally different way. I am still trying to wrap my nose around it. The tobacco goes sour on me for awhile during drydown but then calms down. I honestly hate it during that stage but i do like the long drydown. Unsure if i will keep this or not.

My skin is eating everything right now, so I didn't risk trying it. It did come off like a much cleaner version than the original in the vial.

This is soooo different to my nose than the last incarnation of Unisexy. It's powdery and sweet in a totally different way.

Exactly! The sandalwood does not turn evil on me, the emphasis is on a classic "clean musk" kind of scent. In that respect this is absolutely unisex. I'm actually considering a bottle of this one because it does suit me so much better than the original version.

Sweet baby Jesus. Why did I not order a full bottle of this? This was nice in the vial, but just nice. When I put it on my skin, the Heavens opened and the angels sang. This is sweet and beautiful on me, grown up but stodgy. It doesn't appear to be evolving on me, which is just fine since it smelled so wonderful on application. And the musk... :w00t: Love this, love this, love this!!!

ETA: Just bought two bottles of this. Gotta have a backup!

Edited by BlueBear

My review is very similar to Halo's... Soft, powdery, sweet... I'm getting mostly musk and vanilla, some sandalwood. Can't detect any tobacco, or the maple... I like it well enough, not sure I'll buy a bottle though.

A more coherent review than my previous one! I'm wearing this today. I'm actually not getting any maple , but I imagine that it's what's giving this a soft sweetness. The tobacco is there, but just barely at the edge of conciousness. The vanilla makes this creamy, but on my skin, i think the sandalwood/musk combo is the star of the show. It's clean and perfumey and can easily be worn by both. I would actually love to smell how this smells on a guy.

I've now been wearing this for just under 8 hours, and while the sweetness is fading, the rest of the scent stays strong and true on me.

*Disclaimer-my skin chemistry is crazy, and it always has been. Take my review with a grain of salt.

I put this on and was immediately SMACKED with nostalgia, hard. This is like pulling a vial of high school atmosphere out of a time capsule; my teenage years, the 90's, concentrated in sample size. I am going insane trying to place what it reminds me of. The Vanilla Fields everyone and their sister wore? The Alberto Vo5 conditioner (Vanilla Meadows, or Blossom, or something) I used to slather on my unruly locks? I think both of those, and more, finished with a very slight tone of aerosol hairspray. (In essence, this is awkward pre-teen me peeking through the wild mass of hair hanging over my face at the popular girls)

Wow. I don't think I have ever had such a strong reaction to a scent before. It's not entirely unpleasant, just strange and somewhat unsettling.

I bought a sample of this for my brother as well and am very eager to smell it on him, because on me it is undeniably feminine and cloyingly sweet. I'll post a review once he tests it out.

Edited by mcreepers

I have heard that said, and experienced it somewhat from With Every Breath (though vaguely and more positively), but I never thought it could ever be so realistic. Jeepers, I can almost feel the butt cramp I used to get from those unyielding desk chairs!

ETA- Dear Auto-correct, if you don't have anything constructive to add, don't say anything at all. Button cramp makes no sense.

Edited by mcreepers

This was instant love from moment it hit my skin, through drydown, through warm blooming wonderfulness wafting up at me all day. It was foodier than i expected. Bears very little resemblance to the most recent previous version IMO which was just SANDALWOOD!!!!!!!!!! just slightly warmed with vanilla. The warmth, slight chewiness and full body which is yet also pillowy reminds me of New. Yes, everything this month reminds me of New.

*Disclaimer-my skin chemistry is crazy, and it always has been. Take my review with a grain of salt.

I put this on and was immediately SMACKED with nostalgia, hard. This is like pulling a vial of high school atmosphere out of a time capsule; my teenage years, the 90's, concentrated in sample size. I am going insane trying to place what it reminds me of. The Vanilla Fields everyone and their sister wore? The Alberto Vo5 conditioner (Vanilla Meadows, or Blossom, or something) I used to slather on my unruly locks? I think both of those, and more, finished with a very slight tone of aerosol hairspray. (In essence, this is awkward pre-teen me peeking through the wild mass of hair hanging over my face at the popular girls)

Wow. I don't think I have ever had such a strong reaction to a scent before. It's not entirely unpleasant, just strange and somewhat unsettling.

I bought a sample of this for my brother as well and am very eager to smell it on him, because on me it is undeniably feminine and cloyingly sweet. I'll post a review once he tests it out.

ErrMahGawd, high school was completely Vanilla Fields or VS's Pear Glace, but I was the rebel wearing Ghost Myst

Ooh, Ghost Myst! I used to wear that in my earlier years, then finished out high school living in a cloud of Sun, Moon, Stars. I don't remember anyone wearing VS Pear Glace, but discovered (and shamefully loved) it during my early 20s.

Well, thankfully for my brother Unisexy 2012 smells much more masculine with his chemistry. No SCREAMING vanilla! All I could sense on him was a softly clean musky scent, with maybe a slight edge of sandalwood. He liked it, and was shocked how differently we wore it. I think he will be a fan of the Perfect Match phero; I know I am, but currently much prefer my ever dwindling sample of Portmanteau.

Ahhh I was hopeful on this one despite the musk. I thought maybe the Sandalwood, maple and vanilla would balance it out and it does in the bottle-just not on me. My skin amped that musk like a mofo within 15 minutes and I had to wash it off after a half hour. Just tooo strong. And I only put a dot on with the stopper stick!

For those of you who like musk this is for you.

OM NOM NOM OMMITY NOM! WOW! This smells so awesome! I'm on my way out the door in a few minutes, so I don't have time to check the notes, but on my skin this smells like vanilla caramels! I can smell the sandalwood too, and maybe it's because I used to wear Sandalwood essential oil by itself all the time, but it kind of remains separate, and I feel like I'm wearing Sandalwood oil and eating caramel. Which is OH SO FINE by me! :lol: NOM!

Over time it turned soft on me, but I could still smell it the next morning; and that final stage is what convinced me that I needed a bottle, because it evolved so wonderfully. This is exactly what I've been waiting for in regards to trying a scent with Perfect Match.

Mara this is GENIUS! :wub: ...similar to but much lighter than Unisexy/B2 which makes it so perfect for the Perfect Match blend.This is just soooo incredibly attractive and I can not wait to smell it on SP too !!!!!

From my journal--

Unisexy: Smelled like clean skin in the bottle. Slightly musky on; really lovely. This may go full bottle if there's any left. And I haven't even seen how hubby likes it!

Elrond Half-Siamese was on the stairs when I passed by after applying and in the mood to play-fight. So I grabbed him lightly, and he wrapped his front paws around my hand - then he sniffed. He held on and sniffed for several seconds, then decided it was too strong and backed off - but he didn't run away and he only backed off a scant foot. Then I started in with spider-fingers, and next thing I know he's letting me touch him, then he goes right back into fierce playtime! He's never reacted like this with ANY scented phero before. He LIKES it.

Added since writing journal: The drydown has morphed a little. I still smell mostly a soft, clean musk, but the sweetness of the vanilla and maple has come through juuuuust a bit. There's a smokiness which must be the tobacco, but it's barely there. I don't pick up sandalwood per se, but the musk has changed just enough to a more subtle, complex fragrance that I think that must be the sandalwood's effect. Simple and sophisticated at the same time - how does Mara do it???