ABOUT THE NEW CART SYSTEM!!

Potion Master

gorgeous_golden_lampwork_beaded_earrings_0610beea.jpg

We just posted the first round of my hand-crafted jewelry on our 'Gypsy Rocks' Artfire site. (That was the name of my first shop in Venice Beach, btw.)

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/GypsyRocks

I kinda feel like I need to qualify this, as this type of work is not usually what I do. My "norm" is higher priced gemstone and sterling silver link jewelry, but I was strongly urged by my friends to craft a line of beaded jewelry with more affordable components. We have chosen to post these first, with my more elaborate/expensive items to come later.

We will also eventually be adding all the other items that I craft that do not fall under the fragrance category, such as my Magic Wands, wire wrapped crystals, cloth purses, and other little weirdities.

So take a look, but know that there is much MUCH more to come. We'll post when new store categories are added. Thank you!

amanda_art_glass_cloisonnand_233_beaded_necklace_and_earrings_set_fbc70dec.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Beautiful !!!

...geeez Mara,whatever do you do in your spare time

Exactly. Music, jewelry, perfumes ... wow.

.........'Gypsy Rocks' Artfire site. (That was the name of my first shop in Venice Beach, btw.)

..........and other little weirdities.

Oh COOL! Nice shop name, Mara! I've been drooling around over there, if y'all were wondering where the dampness was coming from. B) And...BRING ON THE WEIRDITIES!!!

Heavens, but you're one busy cookie right now!!! (Well, busy-ER!) :heart:

Eek! ETA...cannot wait to see your gemstone and sterling pieces!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I'm really enjoying using the Perfumerie. I used to use it only to check out the Archive of Sold Out Potions. But I've been having a lot of fun using the different sorting methods - types of perfumes, intent, etc... I kind of wish I'd been using it all along! I like the new set-up very much, including the new Artfire site. :)

I've been checking out which perfumes in my collection come up under different intent headings, and thought, "So *this* is why my life seems so much more balanced, and why I've felt so much more content since I joined this community 14-almost-15 months ago!". Not only do I have all my new VGFs to gab with and who keep me sane, there are all these lovely potions surreptitiously helping me along, smoothing out the bumps, and gently urging me to be more upbeat than I've been in years! :D

It's no wonder we're all addicted! ;)

The new cart is making me want to cry. I want to use my two gifts certs which total $130, is it possible to email you my order for an invoice for the total minus the gift certs? I can't figure out how to do my order without ordering a ton of samples to make amounts correct and spending more than I planned. Everyone else seems to be managing the cart fine which makes me feel dumb :(

On a positive note, the jewelry is beautiful, also, when will dream pillows be available? My littlest basically stole mine and carried it around the house like a teddy, declaring how tired she felt!I tried to explain the concept to her. Now she wants her own, or rather I do not want to share mine...

.... when will dream pillows be available? My littlest basically stole mine and carried it around the house like a teddy, declaring how tired she felt!I tried to explain the concept to her. Now she wants her own, or rather I do not want to share mine...

Hmm, would the dream pillows be good for use during the Tibetan Bowl massages? Maybe I need to understand the concept too....

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Tibetan Bowls. My littlest was just struggling with the fact that maybe she was barely able to get up and walk around was down to perhaps snuggling the dream pillow all day. I find it really does send people half conscious being near it.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Tibetan Bowls. My littlest was just struggling with the fact that maybe she was barely able to get up and walk around was down to perhaps snuggling the dream pillow all day. I find it really does send people half conscious being near it.

Here's a segment from Dr Oz....http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ancient-secrets-energy-pt-1

The use of the bowls is currently being researched with amazing results in terms of cancer treatment, post-traumatic responses, pain management, etc...

So, I do something similar, but with the bowls placed on the client's body as well as around their body.

Would the pillow be good for head positioning? Is it comfortable?

Or- I find that placing heavy blankets or heavy pillows ( filled with buckwheat, etc... Of the kind used in sensory training with autistics, those with sensory processing disorders, etc) on those parts of the body on which I am not placing the bowls can facilitate the experience....

Do you think the pillows would work for either or both of these purposes?

Mel, just ask me for an invoice so I can properly credit you for your GCs, etc. Send me a list of everything via email. Trust me, it's really NOT very easy. Lots of people are asking for invoices these days. No worries!

Chai, my pillows are filled with herbs and flax seeds - flax seeds are very heavy. I have been investigating doing the next bunch with buckwheat because it will be lighter in weight, but it will be correspondingly more expensive to make, (rather than ship) so I'm still deciding. I crafted those pillows to be half full - as oversized eye pillows, but some people want them completely full like bolster pillows. So if I make some like that, they will have to be buckwheat or will weigh a ton.

PM, used exactly like a eye pillow? That might be VERY NICE for using with the bowls... As an eye pillow and also others draped over different body parts... they would work that way as well, yes? Is the description of my intended use making sense?

Is the intent of having them full so they can be used as an actual pillow?

You can ask for an invoice, or you can pay it and we will send you a refund for any overage.

The thing is, the shipping price is calibrated for regular bottles of perfume priced $25-30. If you order more expensive items like phero amped fragrances, it's assuming that you are actually ordering two bottles and charging for the increased weight, when it's still really just one bottle. So what we've been doing is sending people refunds as soon as their order is shipped and we know the real price.

We are still covering the difference if the postage collected is too low.

Apologies, this system is far from perfect, but the best we can do at the moment.

You can ask for an invoice, or you can pay it and we will send you a refund for any overage.

The thing is, the shipping price is calibrated for regular bottles of perfume priced $25-30. If you order more expensive items like phero amped fragrances, it's assuming that you are actually ordering two bottles and charging for the increased weight, when it's still really just one bottle. So what we've been doing is sending people refunds as soon as their order is shipped and we know the real price.

We are still covering the difference if the postage collected is too low.

Apologies, this system is far from perfect, but the best we can do at the moment.

Awesome! thank-you!

same here, I try to order on artfire and the postal fee comes to a $46 ... it seems charge per bottle even I want to buy the one says 'free-shipping' ... strange..

It's free shipping in the US.

I tried to check how many bottles were left of Honeyed LP and I typed in 118 and it said 118 were available.. I keep checking scents to make sure my favs are not going to be extinct but so far it keeps letting me buy a gazillion bottles.. is this accurate?

I tried to check how many bottles were left of Honeyed LP and I typed in 118 and it said 118 were available.. I keep checking scents to make sure my favs are not going to be extinct but so far it keeps letting me buy a gazillion bottles.. is this accurate?

Did you try to checkout with them?

is there a spot to enter the $ amount for forum credits?? keeps coming up w/one cent !!??

For Liz.....

6) Redeeming Gift Certs and Forum Freebies

Here's the page: http://lovepotionper...oom/articles/GC

The PayPal cart will not allow buttons that minus dollars, and will not allow no-charge items. ::sigh:: I had to think of a way to make our beloved system work, and the only way is to charge you a penny. Yes, using these options will now cost you a penny. Sorry!

The other really important thing about this change, is when you redeem a Gift Cert, you now have to WRITE IN what you are redeeming it for. You can't do it the old way by adding it to your cart and then minus-ing it later. You have to do it like this now:

Enter Redemption Code:

Redeem for which product?:

You are basically saying, I have a $25 GC and I want to redeem it for a bottle of LP: Pink. Or, I have a $40 credit and I want to redeem it for this bottle and these samples, etc.

I have a question regarding forum credits: With the new cart - is it still possible to redeem posting credits as before? When I placed my recent order, while trying to redeem credits, I've been charged 1 cent but still nothing had been deducted from the invoice amount. May be I did something wrong.

Yes, what she is saying in that post is that you no longer add the item to your cart manually. You write in what you want in the space provided where you redeem your credits. Make sense? The cart can no longer subtract things.

Perhaps I'm just too dumb...I understand that it doesn't subtract, how do I order w/o overpaying then ? if my order is $50 and I have a credit for $5 I still pay $50 rather than $45 thru paypal ?

can someone please reply, I'd like to place an order

Edited by liz

Liz ...for example... if you have a $15 credit write in

Liz- 7100,7200,7300 for samples of Dance of Passion,Leviation,Bedivilled

you will be charged $0.01 ,no matter how many or few you write in *mwah*

Rather than paying for a $5 item, you just write in that you are swapping your five dollar credit for the five dollar item. You DON'T put it in your cart, you only write it in. Get it? You would only put $45 worth of items into your cart.