New, with a few questions!

BklynG

Hello!

I have just recently stumbled on this enticingly crazy sounding world of pheromones, ended up reading through what seems like every topic on this forum. I finally made some sampler decisions a few days ago and am now waiting breathlessly for them to arrive. I'll be starting off with some phero-enhanced fragrances (Stealing Heaven, Sneaky Clean, Enduring Appeal, to name a few). Mostly everything will be used for social rather than sexual purposes.

So my question is... I live in New York, where the weather ranges from dry winters to humid summers. My skin is on the dry side, and usually does not hold alcohol-based scents well so I'm concerned about the pheromones (and the scent!) dissipating too quickly. Once I finish with the samples and move on to full-sized bottles, I am wondering what would be best purchase for dry skin. Full-oils? Alcohol-oil blends? Or the silicone base? I see that a general rule of thumb is oils=sexual setting, alcohol=social due to dissipation... would I mess that up if I used an oil for a social blend?

Secondly, although I will be using the pheromones in social settings, some of them are a little sexy (on purpose). However, I currently live with my brother in a small (tiny!) 2-br apartment. Would it be wiser to avoid application until I'm outside the apartment?

Anyway, thanks to all in advance... this waiting part is so hard! Slightly off-topic, but as a single gal, it is so heartwarming to see the member support, and to read about various members' long-standing and oh-so-FRISKY marriages. Makes me smile, gives me hope. :)

Hi BklynG! Welcome to the party! :D

I live in South-Western Ontario, where the weather is very similar to what you have in New York - cold, cold winters & abominably humid summers - and I use (almost) all oils all the time & I've never had a problem with diffusion. Then again, I'm not exactly an outdoorsy kind of girl. Not in the winter at least. And I figure that if I'm inside where it's warm most of the winter, I'm getting the same kind of diffusion as on a normal spring or summer day outside. There are a few exceptions to this, most notably Topper, since to my knowledge it's only available as an alcohol spray & it's meant to be used as a "finishing spray". And in the summer, it's so humid here that diffusion is definitely no issue at all.

As far as applying your sexier social pheros, that's a toughie. If you're using something that is kinda heavy on the cops, like Blatant Invitation, Cuddle Bunny or Sexology, you'll need to allow yourself 5-20 minutes of dry-down time before you put your clothes on, or you'll stink to high heaven! And I'd imagine that would be easier to do inside the house rather than out! ;) You might want to open a window. With those kinds of pheros, you might get some funny looks or behaviour from your brother, but that's probably all.

If it's something that doesn't have cops, like Super Sexy for Women or Lace, or something that has a lighter amount of cops, like Cougar or Gotcha!, I wouldn't worry too much about applying those around your bro.

I hope you have lots of fun with your new haul! I think you're going to love them! :D

I have dry skin and i have never had trouble with alcohol based products but I live in what is usually a hot, humid environment, especailly during the Spring - Fall months. I have also done well with the oils but have a little less experience with the silicone based. Another way to think of alcohol vs oil is how far you want the throw (which feeds into your comment of sexual vs social) but also how quickly they burn off. In weather of either extreme - really cold or really hot/humid - i have found oils work the best. In the heat alcohol seems to burn off more quickly. I would think that in Winter in NY that you would want either the oils or silicone anyways.

Do not worry about using sexual phermones around your brother. They will not make him feel sexually attracted to you. at the most he might suddenly realize that his sister just might be attractive to guys lol but he will not develop sexual feelings for you. However social mones probably will help pick up his mood, make him more talkative, etc.

ETA: Eggers' comment about the smell and dry down of cops is very accurate from every comment I have ever heard from women. And yes, he might ask you what that stink is if you go out into the living room too soon. But the funny look would be from the smell, not because he suddenly wants to hump your leg. If pheromones were that easy, I would have a harem lol.

Edited by quietguy

:stars188:HI THAR AND WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, BklynG!!! :Emoticons0424:

I live in the mountains, and we get a lot of dry cold and dry heat. Moisturizing first definitely helps my scents stick. I haven't tried the silicone base, but I do oils and the mostly-alcohol sprays. I use both types for social and for more intimate situations, and they all work just fine for me!

As for wearing pheros around your brother...all I have to offer is what I notice when I wear them around my kids. Now, we have a small house, and there are three kids (two are adult-sized) and Mr. Matt and me. So we all smell each other every day! Heh. The social pheros affect them, and I'll use them as damage control sometimes. In fact, when older daughter starts PMSing, I swoop in and spray her with Jubilee. Last time I sprayed her, myself, AND Mr. Matt! Made us all giggle and everything was good. When I wear sexual pheros around them, it just seems to read as more MOM to them. Sort of like my chemical signature is just stronger--I'm Mom turned up to 11. Does that make sense? I think QG is spot on about the sexy ones around your bro. :) And Eggers is right--some of them REEK until drydown. But...I've grown to love the reek. *gigglesnort*

Welcome!!!!!

I am located in the northern part of the midwest--very dry air in winter, some humidity in the summer. I have dry skin as well. I find that I prefer the oils, even for socials. and I've never had a problem with getting them out in the air. I'm a hand talker, so if i put just a dab on my wrists or the backs of my hands, they get out in the air just fine. And when you wear them on your torso, your body heat helps. I've gotten hits wearing just a dab of an oil based phero on my torso from underneath a shirt, sweater, and heavy down coat, no alcohol necessary!

Regarding the pheros around your brother, I think at worst you'll get, "Ewww, what's that smell?" And don't be alarmed if he still claims that you stink even after dry down. You might smell absolutely fabulous, but he could be sensing the cops on you and since you're his sister, it won't be an attractive smell to him. (Does that make sense...?)

Thanks for the welcome, and for the advice! I can't believe how nice you all are!

I've had decent experience with oil scents in the past, and they seem so much more portable as a roll-on, so I'm leaning towards that. I'll make sure to also moisturize ahead of time, as ElizabethOSP has advised. But I am completely getting ahead of myself; it sounds like I have a long (exciting, fun) road ahead with testing the products first to see what works for me. A subway ride now suddenly seems like a big experimentation opportunity!

Hm. Brother humping leg. Thanks for the rather unsavory image, quietguy! :) Thanks for the assurances though. I was thinking that anything with cops may make him feel uncomfortable, but it sounds like it's more likely he'll just think I stink (thank you, BlueBear, for the fore-warning). For the purely social blends though, he is totally my guinea pig! As he is a young twenty-something with teen-like tendencies towards one-word conversations, I'm actually looking forward to seeing if I can get him to open up and talk to me more (*fingerscrossed*OpenWindows*fingerscrossed*).

Welcome BklynG!

I get all my regular unphero perfumes in oil and I have different pheros in just about every form! Boosted in perfumes in oils, spray in 60/40, 90/10, 80/20...

I def like sexy stinky pheros scented in oil and unstinky socials in spray unscented to spritz over everything...you will experiment with everything and find out what works best for you I am sure...have fun and keep us posted on your phero fun!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

welcome to the forum! Do not worry about your brother. I wear stuff around my dad all the time with no ill results. It's not like cops will freak a guy out, all women produce them naturally, so he is used to being exposed to them. Have fun experimenting!

Hm. Brother humping leg. Thanks for the rather unsavory image, quietguy! :) Thanks for the assurances though. I was thinking that anything with cops may make him feel uncomfortable, but it sounds like it's more likely he'll just think I stink (thank you, BlueBear, for the fore-warning).

Haha - anytime!

There was a young college-aged lady who used to put her cops on out on her balcony as she lived at home and her dad and sister would comment about the scent if she applied them in the bathroom or the bedroom she shared with her sister.

Ask Eggers what imagery I use to make her wince ... lol.

Ask Eggers what imagery I use to make her wince ... lol.

Ew... If it has anything to do with my parents going at it, please don't. :gross::lol:

Whaddaya know, you didn't even have to ask haha. :D

Welcome and good luck. I've worn cougar around my brother, it was fine, we both just got really drunk on barely any alcohol (for us). We had a fun eve though. Pheros don't convince people to think anything crazy, they might help people be nicer but i don't think overstepping moral boundaries should be a concern.

:) One big reason why I finally took the plunge and ordered at LPMP was because of the absolute fun you all seem to have at this forum (as well as all the fantastic reviews, the gushing about Mara's great scents....).

LOVE all the support, can't wait to report back with my own experimentations!

Anyone else snort their coffee and then spit/cough it all over their keyboard at QG's comment? ....Nope?... Hmmmm...me neither... :001_302:

Ew... :gross::lol:

Baaaaahahahaha!! I think I may have peed a little...

Humor is a messy business lol. :lol:

And welcome to the forum!!

Edited by quietguy

:) One big reason why I finally took the plunge and ordered at LPMP was because of the absolute fun you all seem to have at this forum (as well as all the fantastic reviews, the gushing about Mara's great scents....).

LOVE all the support, can't wait to report back with my own experimentations!

It's the only forum I actively participate in everyday. It's truly a family :)

Welcome to the forum, BklynG! The weather here is similar to NY. Majority of my LPs are in oil. However, I order my preferred pheros in other forms so I can use both oil and spray for optimum coverage.

Holy cow! I was telling myself to be patient, with the possible 2-week turnaround time. But Mara (if you read this... THANKS!) has apparently transcended the time-space continuum and I received my samples today!

So I don't think I've ever been consciously exposed to synthetic pheromones before, and I could definitely sense something different as I uncorked my samples for a sniff. There's an almost... 'heady rush' kind of feeling. I'm home alone today, so I decided to dab on a little Heart's Ease (which has Balm Bomb, I believe) to see if I notice any self effects.

Everything smells really good too; now I know what you all mean when you write about constantly wanting to huff on yourself. I keep a change jar that I've labeled as my 'pig-out fund'... have a feeling I'm going to have to re-label it to 'love potion fund'!

HI BklynG!!! I'm a newbert around here too, and learning a LOT by readin all the posts! It is the BEST community here! :bday1029: Reading yours made me decide to try some of the social pheros for Summer. I only wear my sexy pheros before bed because they deliver a fabulous comforting scent-memory of good times that helps me have really content, deep sleeps. If you know someone who's lover is faaaar away for too long or is widowed, that's how pheros can help them. There's no one in my indoor part of my work or current social life that I want to attract right now, but The OUTDOOR part is soon to start up as the snow clears away. OK you Phero-Pros! Here's my BIG QUESTION: I work out in the Wilderness Spring-Autumn doing plant research. Obviously, since it is bear-elk-mt.lion-deer -bobcat country I AM NOT going to wear yummy fragrances to work (I'm wearing them all now!) But, since animals noses are So more sensitive then ours, will any traces of any pheros act as a food attractant if I continue to apply them at night? Any feedback from Stone Ind. Labs on this? Scent-free I've had a momma bear bring here cub up to me when I was at work once - and there were no snickers bars on me. EEEEEK. So I don't want to up my delish-level with the critters. Help?

Thanks, Chikadee! Welcome to you as well!

Since I'm new too, it's probably best for the more seasoned members to answer your question. I've seen a few threads (you're so right about learning from them!) about housecat behaviors with pheromones, but not sure about the wild ones. :)

Talking about social blends... I just sprayed on some Blissful Caress ('moned up with A-nol). I think it's a really clean scent, perfect for the warming weather (OMG I LOVE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS). If you don't have this one yet, you should give the sample a try!

• 1 month later...

OK! It's been a while...how are you just LOVING everything and have you been glued to your own arm ever since your first samples arrived? :w00t::lol:

• 1 month later...

LOL! I'm always glued to my arm these days!!

Wait until you apply to cleavage, and you stick your head down into your shirt to smell it.......THEN you realize you are in public! LOL

Wait until you apply to cleavage, and you stick your head down into your shirt to smell it.......THEN you realize you are in public! LOL

Welcome!

Lol.. I've done that... :Emoticons0804:

Edited by StacyK

BWAHAHAAA! Yup...it's only a matter of time.... :D

Thanks for the welcome, and for the advice! I can't believe how nice you all are!

I've had decent experience with oil scents in the past, and they seem so much more portable as a roll-on, so I'm leaning towards that. I'll make sure to also moisturize ahead of time, as ElizabethOSP has advised. But I am completely getting ahead of myself; it sounds like I have a long (exciting, fun) road ahead with testing the products first to see what works for me. A subway ride now suddenly seems like a big experimentation opportunity!

Hm. Brother humping leg. Thanks for the rather unsavory image, quietguy! :) Thanks for the assurances though. I was thinking that anything with cops may make him feel uncomfortable, but it sounds like it's more likely he'll just think I stink (thank you, BlueBear, for the fore-warning). For the purely social blends though, he is totally my guinea pig! As he is a young twenty-something with teen-like tendencies towards one-word conversations, I'm actually looking forward to seeing if I can get him to open up and talk to me more (*fingerscrossed*OpenWindows*fingerscrossed*).

To give you a very accurate picture of what reactions you may get from him; since I have a 14 yr.old... I use him as a gauge for if my cops are properly disguised. In fruity scents he can't detect them at all, during dry down of pure copulins or cop heavy blends, he gets the most disgusted look on his face & complains that something smells rotten. How he reacts when he can't detect them; he notices girls his age much more vocally. Which is unusual, because he's normally very reserved when it comes to the opposite sex. So your brother might not think you stink, he might just think that ladies, not related to him, are looking especially attractive that day :lol: Welcome to the forum.

I'm a little late to the Welcome Party but I just wanted to add that I live in the heart of the Midwest and oils are what work best for me. They will last thru the hot and humid days and they are great in the winter for when its cold and slushy out. This forum is probably the most welcoming place I've ever been.

Hi again! I just re-read your original post.. Im still fairly new too but I'll add to this tho I may be repeating a bit here. First, I live in NY State, so hi there again :-)...

Here's my experience with weather, skin and different phero delivery systems. Firstly I find the basic advise regarding the more sexy/intimate Pheros be in oil form effective. My sexy Pheros, BI and Gotcha are in roll on oil, much easier to control! I find Gotcha a social as well as sexy but it's cop heavy and oil is best IMO. I have LFM in spray 60/40 and oil. This phero for me is more social but I like adding to the spray with dabs of oil ( sometimes) and I like having both options.. I have Bang ( this is a sexy) in a spray 2x strength, because I went a bit (crazy) experimental. It's fine and lasts for a long time on me ( again 60/40 ratio). Lets just say I'll have that for quite a while lol. Dry down takes a little time and I'm careful about application..

I have several fragrances and fragrance/phero combos mostly in oil. I have Perfect Match in silicon 60/40 spray. This is my first silicon. The silicon does not soak into my skin like the oil. silicon molecules are larger and tend to not be absorbed as readily.

The real difference in oil vs alcohol is this.. with the sprays it not so much your skin, though moisturizing helps, as that the sprays ( and alcohol) evaporate faster. It's dispersal distance ( spray) vs duration ( oil). For instance I have Cougar scented in both spray and oil. Now you know why.

I think most here like the social pheros in spray to spread the love so to speak.

Your skin, obviously will suck up the oil faster if its not moisturized but you should not have to vary from your usual routine much. Weather, well, I find humidity spreads my oils on my skin which sometimes is actually an advantage. I have a fragrance in spray that is somewhat sticky (Levitation) but in humidity it sort of melts all over me and that works! Hope there's something there that helps.. experimenting is half the fun IMO.

Oh regarding.. your brother as a roomie I don't think you will find him greatly susceptible to your sexier pheros... I have a 17 year old and a 13 YO. No issues... Never had issues with my bro either. The most you may get is a little more chit chat or help maybe lol don't count on it.

Edited by StacyK

Gotcha is not cop heavy.

That is my understanding too.....that it just has a "splash" of cops......

I find it [ Gotcha] fairly cop heavy. I think it's a matter of perspective tho. If you compare it to Sexpinoage then not so much. But I have Un in oil and it's pretty strong to me. Needs dry down and a proper cover for sure. Lol I tried fur and silk once.. no go!!

Mara recently recommended using various vanilla based scents with it. After dry down that fruity sweetness from the cops blended into the vanilla they go wonderful together. I'm on day two today of mixing gotcha with deep vanilla based scents today its Gotcha and Kanary Kreme it's so nice.

Edited by StacyK