Beccah

AD-PixieDust-LovePotion_1.jpg

Pixie Dust

An ethereal gauzy floral, perfect for Spring: a floating base of transparent musk and soft fuzzy vanilla frames a delicate arrangement of wisteria, lilac and heliotrope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WISTERIA ~ Welcoming of new person into your life. Youth, eloquence.
LILAC ~ Inspires peace and harmony, humility, youthfulness, protection.
HELIOTROPE ~ Clairvoyance, healing, protection, wealth, exorcism, invisibility.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

No, Musk in the Pixie Dust is: Egyptian musk and two types of white musk are made pixie perfect with two strawberry accords, fairy floss berry sugar, then given a magical sheen with white amber and a touch of cream.

I want this just for the label, but I'm worried about the florals. Can't wait for my sample!!

This is not like Sneaky Clean. Wet I get a blast of lilac. The other florals blend nicely but aren't as distinct as the lilac. Maybe they are and I just don't know their smell as well. I can smell the vanilla kind of rounding the whole thing out. It's a rare floral that I like, and I like this. I expect the musk will show up more after the florals have settled a bit more. Very lovely for Spring.

WET, this was as smooooooth as Barry White and felt a bit pink. Powdery and very blended already (ie, without having aged). It felt like a pink version of New.

As it dries, though...I loooove all these flowers, but together, on me, it gets sharp. I know, weird, right, getting sharper as it dries rather than settling down. Maybe that will change with aging. Strangely the flowers felt very true at first but they are turning on me, and whenever I take a close sniff it makes me sneeze. :(

DAMMIT another must have for me!! This smells like I should always smell like this, like my pores should secrete this naturally.

It's very sweet, candied, sugary, silvery glittery giggles and rainbows galore! I feel like there are glitter sparkle cutesy fart sprinkles coming out from behind me. It feels like I have a glitter aura. I love the heliotrope in this, I think it gives the other notes a nice robust boost to really sparkle and shine. This on me smells like a sugary sweet pixie garden! I love love love! :stars188:

That's my butt cloud.

+++ ETA this reminds me of a candy glittery female pixie version of Velvet Moss. It gives me the same happiness and comfort as Velvet Moss.

Edited by LadyVictoria

This is very, very pretty, but lilac and I usually have issues. It has taken over. I will revisit it later, though, because I suspect the musk will come out after a couple of hours.

I love the smell of lilacs when I'm outside and the breeze carries the scent, but I'm not sure how it will wear on me. I got a lilac candle this past summer from B&BW and it gave me a headache :(

Me too. There are some outside of my work, and I can't walk past them slow enough! I just wish my skin liked it as much as my nose. The musk did come out better and it was a lovely soft scent when I got up this morning, but alas. Not a BlueBear scent.

I recieved my purchase in the mail today :ange: it smells so good, I feel more positive. The florals seap deep inside my skin and smell strong/potent. It made my day :)

Oooohh, wet I am fascinated with this one. I've never smelled a floral like this before. The wisteria and heliotrope, perhaps? No lilac, not yet anyways. Ah, there's the lilac, making an entrance after about 20 minutes. A little vanilla too.

As it dries, though...I loooove all these flowers, but together, on me, it gets sharp. I know, weird, right, getting sharper as it dries rather than settling down. Maybe that will change with aging. Strangely the flowers felt very true at first but they are turning on me, and whenever I take a close sniff it makes me sneeze. :(

This is happening with me too, tyvey. Wet, it was this different, light, gauzy floral but now, it's doing the same thing Seelie did on me, getting waaayy too strong. The lilac has totally taken over, and not in a good way on me, i'm afraid. :arf:

ETA: So now, the lilac has stopped shouting, and it has gone back to that light, misty floral, but this time with more vanilla, interesting! I will have to test this one further.........

Edited by SpriteLeigh

This is very soft almost clean smelling floral to my nose. It's like you took a bath with some fancy soap, then layed out in a flower garden for hours. I'm sure you would smell close to this. This is so pretty, delicate and innocent smelling.

This is a soft floral scent, light and pretty. I think Wisteria and Lilac are the most promonent of the notes. I'm not quite sure what Heliotrope smells like. Anyway, Vanilla and Musk are beautifully rounding up this lovely spring scent.

I was hoping the heliotrope would win out over the lilac in this one and...huzzah! I like lilac, but I never seem to have any luck in regards to wearing it as a scent. However I'm on the fence about this one; I know it's meant to be sheer and gauzy but in the vial it's rather syrupy to me and on my skin the musk gives it a thick quality, so it might prove a little overwhelming for me in actual wear. But I do like the way it smells at any rate.

• 3 weeks later...

I have NO idea why but when I first applied this, very wet I thought of maraschino cherries. Which is NOT a note in this.

But a minute or so later it's very beautifully blended lilac. Very elegant, spring-ish seeming to me. It reminds me of a day spent in the garden with the smell of soft flowers wafting over.

and..... on dry down I'm reminded AGAIN of maraschino cherries. WHAT?!?!? I don't understand. Like if I put my nose right up against my wrist I know I'm smelling the perfume, but just light wafts coming up to my nose as I type is what comes up as the maraschino for me. @_@

Edited by maiea

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Revisiting this one, it is much sweeter and less flowery than I remember. It's almost like flower nectar instead of straight floral smell. I can picture the pixie on the label flitting from flower to flower like a hummingbird collecting nectar to make the pixie dust. This is what she would smell like after. It's lovely!

This is lovely... I can't wait to do this tomorrow with some LFM. I love that I'm going to sort of have the set. Tease, Pixie Dust & Wicked of course. :heart:

• 5 months later...

I got a sample of this just because I like lilac and thought, "let's try it..."

This turned out to be such a light and lovely floral that I was completely blindsided by how much I really like it. It's light but not sheer, soft but not invisible and not sharp at all. I REALLY like this. I can't believe HOW MUCH I really like this!

The label is precious too. Huh. How 'bout that!

PS:

I think this would be great boosted with Lace :)

Edited by NuTrix

• 3 weeks later...

I have worn this the last couple days paired with Treasured Hearts.

A co-worker was walking past me yesterday and stopped in his tracks, turned directly to me and said, "Something's different," while sniffing the air. I asked different good, or different bad? He answered definitely good - always :D He then asked about what I was wearing and I laughed out loud, because I usually wear the foodie gourmand scents, and explained today I was wearing something a bit more floral than my usual. He walked to me, claimed my wrist, pulled it to his face and took a deep breath - "Mmmmm, yes! It's you!" he exclaimed triumphantly!

SO. I guess I'm not the only one smitten by surprise with this perfume. I ordered a FB a couple days back, along with a few other goodies :lol:

This one to me is so "new" I mean, it's something I don't recall smelling before. Something in it s bright and has a "zing" factor. Not really sharp or prickly - maybe it's the wisteria or the heliotrope? I guess it could even be the type of musk , but whatever it is, it has my attention...or maybe I should say my fascination? It's very light and delicate and yet it has great staying power because I can smell all day (we're talking12 hours easy) without being overbearing. It really is just a lovely, gauzy, light and lacey, floral loveliness. Seriously smitten! :)

It's such a pretty delicate thing and seems to suit TH very well. It's feminine but not a wall flower :D and it's lightness lends to the openness and comfort of TH well. It's clean and pretty and soft - with a friendly and inviting kind of TH vibe. I don't know if it's the scent or the phero/combo but people did seem to want to discover me and some seemed just fascinated and enraptured by me. Very curious. I think Pixie Dust magnified it somehow :) You will HAVE to report what you find!

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, this is interesting! I put this on without reviewing the notes and I get fruit instead of floral, a very candied fruitiness, kind of like Smarties. :-) I just reread NuTrix's review and I agree about the bright "zing!" factor -- I thought this would be a lot quieter, somehow.

As it dries down, the fruitiness morphs into something more floral, but it is VERY bright on me. The florals that have worked me have all been on the very delicate side -- not that this isn't delicate, but it's a bit loudly delicate, if that makes any sense.

I also see upthread that this has Egyptian musk in it? It seems as if whenever there is a musk that doesn't quite work for me, Egyptian is somewhere in the description! So that is really good info to have. I am glad I tried this, but I think it is not for me.

When I first wore this I really liked it on application then the Cherry sweet Heliotrope was a bit of a shock to me and I was unsure. I stuck with it all day and received many compliments, from early morning taking my daughter and 2 of her friends to DD before school, they loved it in the car and it did add to the atmosphere, early morning still dark and dewy.

I didn't think it was for me after day one tho.

I tried it again weeks later and I got more of the other notes. I decided I like it over all and it's truly a unique floral. I get everything now, floral, a fruit tang and that intangeable dewy musk.

BC you may want to give it one more try to be sure. Also, this is not an Egyptian musk here. It's definitely more of a misty sheer musk type. Of course it could be a Mara custom musk blend so I can't know for sure. :)

Also I know you like sheer scents have you tried "LP Humidity", Candytuft Tea? or light but not quite sheer... "Aphrodite" or "Metamorphosis " ?

They'd go well with TH too.

Edited by StacyK

Blackcat! I'm in love with your new avi! :)

I only saw musk, but I don't know that I'd recognize anything Egyptian if it were lol. I'm still not clear on heliotrope and what that is adding though pictures of it look absolutely beautiful. There is an almost pointy note that doesn't actually go stabby for me - that's what's making it bright I think? One step farther in the pointy direction and this would not have worked for me...which note, or combination? No idea - my shnoz isn't that sophisticated yet :lol: I do really like it...there's something "strange" but fascinating about it that draws me in....

Don't worry - there are only, like, a BAJILLION things here at LP to choose from - with new ones every month! There must be plenty that will be "purrrrfect" - when you find them :purr:

Edited by NuTrix

Thanks for the suggestions, Stacy! Maybe I hallucinated the Egyptian musk thing, I swear I saw a reference upthread. Ah, well. And thanks for reminding me to try again. Of florals, these are the ones most likely to be up my alley, so I will let it have a few more trials.

And thanks, NuTrix! Now that I have finally figured out how to save images on my new computer, I imagine I'll be an avi swapper with fair frequency! I will not embarrass myself by letting on exactly how many months went by when I felt sad for not being able to do something that required about 20 seconds of googling to learn about!

I will not embarrass myself by letting on exactly how many months went by when I felt sad for not being able to do something that required about 20 seconds of googling to learn about!

LOL! I love this because it so true. You are not the only one.