Beccah

Ohhh yeah,I can see this scent being purrrrfect for Lace...this has become a favorite on me,and hard to believe I could like anything as much as Baskery,this soon,I've worn them together even cause one of my B's is boosted with cops :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally scored a bottle of this!! (trade pages are great) And I love it just as much as I knew I would. It's 8 hours later and still all cookie sweetness. But not plastic and overpowering. It actually smells warm. Like a warm oatmeal cookie. I don't know how Mara manages to incorporate a TEMPERATURE in her scent but she did. I wore this to cover some BI and it worked like a charm, even thought it's not a strong scent. I haven't had really any luck with many of the foodie scents. They usually end up not loving me back. But Scotchies is a great exception. Will use this sparingly, as it's now history. Love Love Love.

My husband has actually SAID...with words...his own words...that this is his favorite scent I have so far. *Swoons!*

• 1 month later...

I think this one is okay, its a *little* sweet for me--HOWEVER when its coupled with unbridled(balance out that cherry tobacco) it smells divine like waffles! Love how it goes with that, its so good it should be illegal

Its not just any kind of waffles either, it smells even better than the real thing (godly waffles)

The guys i hang with dont like the foody smells cuz it makes them hungry, i (manically) laugh in their faces as i dump them all over myself and nest in the middle of the room as it deliciously wafts around me~

But yeah scotchies is delectable well on its own and im going to abuse this tiny baby til its gone :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I tried my sample of this today. Yum! I smell like a warm oatmeal cookie. The oats were present before drydown a bit more prominently, and after everything dried, I get a lot more honey and maple blended in. It's very sweet but, to me, the perfect amount of sweet that makes me smile. It's another scent that I think will be really great for fall. And as someone who loves baking, reminds me of baking cookies in the kitchen.

THIS was the very first LP that my husband said he liked without any inquiry from me :D So I immediately ordered a back up - because let's face it - things like that just don't happen very often. He still refers to it as his favorite LP of mine to date! :on-the-cheek:

That reminds me, I wore this one for Quince - just a blob on one of my wrists - he kept coming back to that spot and snorting it. I said, "You never told me you liked oatmeal cookies," and he said, "No I like you as an oatmeal cookie." :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to post again about this one: This is the most cookie scent I've ever had from LP. I've tried Nookie Cookie and I just got chocolate, but this one actually smells like cookies. I know I said it above, but it's such a realistic scent that people around me comment that they either:

A) smell someone baking

B ask me if I baked

C) one person even said they suddenly got a craving for oatmeal raisin cookies. LOL. If I could've "wafted" on them I would have. (but we were in a group and seated). It seems I tend to like the fewer ingredient scents like this one,Noco brown sugar, and OCCO Red/black. hmmm. Well, whatever the case. I am having fun with this one.

Edited by Raq On

• 1 month later...

Holy Pup-O-Rama! I went to my friends' house for dinner tonight, wearing this, and packing about 5 other foodie perfumes in the front of my backpack. Winston and Kayha (awesome pups) went flippin' NUTS over this scent! LOL! I could barely get through the door when I first got there 'cause they were too busy trying to jump inside my coat, with me still in it! They must have smelled me coming a mile away - I did an extra-special slathering tonight, 'cause I've been perfume free at home for the week & I was totally Jonesin'. I was there for about 3 hours, and I don't think there was a single moment when I didn't have a dog licking me, trying to jump inside my coat, or snuffle his way into my backpack, (which ATM contains Scotchies, Ionia, Marsha Mellow, and a couple other foodies). What's really funny is that they completely ignored the huge plate of oatmeal raisin cookies I was carrying! :lol: They were all about the perfume! :D

• 1 month later...

This is probably the most realistic cookie scent I've ever tried. How does Mara do it? I AM A COOKIE. Lol- I smell like a cookie for sure! Fresh from the oven, maple oatmeal cookies. Drool! Who needs dessert when you can huff Scotchies? This is so good!

My husband LOVES this one on me...I'm always guaranteed to have him chasing me about like a tasty treat while wearing this! hehe I happen to like it quite a bit too of course :D

• 3 months later...

I missed this when it came out, but got a bottle on Trading Post (thanks, Chitown!). A lot of times, maple can get too strong on me, but not here. It is a delicious, warm, oatmeal scotchie from start to finish. A true bakery scent, like others have said.

YUUUUUUM! Very happy you were able to score one - every foodie lover should have had the chance to drool over this one! :heart:

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The superfoodie! If you are not down to smell just like food, steer clear. Otherwise, this one is gold: you’ll smell like a warm and buttery oatmeal cookie. I won't lie to you, I was compelled to eat maple oatmeal for breakfast this morning, haha.

Not a massive throw but great wear length; I could still get a hint of it on my wrists 12 hours later.

• 1 year later...

I looked at this thread because Luna's wearing it today. I can't imagine that I ever would've thout oatmeal would be sexy, and I've seen Oats as a note in some newer scents, I'll keep my eyes opened.

The one I think of as truly sexy using oats is Embody the Tarot: The Empress, but it's true there is something incredibly alluring about an oatmeal accord when it's done just right. I was driving with the heater on and I'm wearing a twin set today so just the shell in the car and I kept getting wafts of Scotchies and was swooning over how incredibly delicious I smell.

Yum. I love getting the self-whiffs of yumminess! I just grabbed a random sweater running out the door this am, I have no idea what's on it, since it's on cotton and not me, I really don't know. Kinda cuddly sweet, and Peach, and a little smoky spice. I'd say Honey'd LP but more incense-y. I will keep and eye out for that Empress you mentioned.

I'm a total Oat Ho. Empress is the smutty oat hos wet dream...

I grabbed up that and the last of Maras GOAT too.

I said it in the other "Butter" thread. Fairy cake Oatmeal. You need it. And get a FC Honey too (if still available). You will satisfy those cravings. Do you have a bottle of EOW?

I'm a total Oat Ho. Empress is the smutty oat hos wet dream...

I grabbed up that and the last of Maras GOAT too.

I said it in the other "Butter" thread. Fairy cake Oatmeal. You need it. And get a FC Honey too (if still available). You will satisfy those cravings. Do you have a bottle of EOW?

Okay, I believe you. I'm currently making a list of sorts. But I'm currently not touching the EoW bottle, I'm not sure I can be trusted, "portion control" has never been my thing. I did manage to put some drops in a bottle of Wicked and a few others, but my eyes got big and I love playing scientist and envisioned myself ruining a few bottles, so I'm on a temporary self-imposed ban.

• 1 year later...

Bumping for Charity Auction!

Holy smokes was this one hot popular LP. This is the epitome of everything Mara personally loves in a bottle. Probably the penultimate oatmeal LP and by far the sexiest. It’s dead sexy and not at all like a breakfast food, but still gives you that warm comforting scent memory without being a literal translation. Another one where the sum is much greater than the parts.