New Releases for April 2008

Food isn't that important. As long as I have water (and perfume) I can survive indefinitely.

I know that I am prone to digression.... but, this is apropro... just have patience :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

So, the other day, the Bears, My Beloved, and I (with the boys in my car), all of us in separate vehicles as we are coming home from work, decided to meet for dinner... I ask the Bears to hold my keys and cell phone because they like to carry a big bag... and I prefer to not even carry a purse.... The Bears end up having to take one of the boys home and they leave the resturant before My Beloved and I... and, of course, they leave *still holding my keys*

I don't clue in to this fact until My Beloved and I prepare to leave....

The Bears are already at home... with my keys...

My Beloved's plan is for me to ride home with him and we will swing by the next morning on the way to synagogue...

"NOOOOO," I wail. "I have a limited edition in the car!!!"

The Bears understood completely.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the rest....

AD-Synchronicity.jpg

AD-SouthGoth2008.jpg

AD-MIASMA.jpg

AD-SpanishGold.jpg

Unscented Pheros....

AD-UNPhero_Popularity.jpg

AD-UNPhero_CuddleBunny.jpg

AD-EssenceOil.jpg

A note about Spanish Gold..this is NOT the label. The actual look of the item is not reproducable on my equipment. Hmmmmm.....why would that be, I wonder?

And the rest....

A note about Spanish Gold..this is NOT the label. The actual look of the item is not reproducable on my equipment. Hmmmmm.....why would that be, I wonder?

Oh you tease!! I'm too tired to think...ladies? Gents?? Anyone?!

ohhh yayyyy southern gothic I've been wanting to try that one. hmmm spanish gold might there be a little coin attached to the bottle? lol thats all I can think of at the moment.

will est be available this month too?

they all look yummy, Im really interested in turkish delight I hope it smells as good as the treat itself which is a big thing at my house. Im looking at a stack of 8 boxes right now lol.

The story thus far.....

AD-TurkishDelight.jpg

AD-Beltane.jpg

AD-PIGGY.jpg

AD-FORTUNECOOKIE.jpg

AD-TurnOn.jpg

AD-NightofFae_lg.jpg

AD-UN-lg.jpg

Speculation, based on artwork?

4 more new fragrances to come (11 total), plus 3 new unscented phero blends, and several re-brews. YAY!

WOWZA! I feel an order of samples coming on! And Beltaine! That;s GOTTA be good!

(May's) Spanish Gold - is it because of the gold flakes in the perfume (you've got it in a bottle with just a hang tag, maybe)?

I'm trying to imagine what Synchronicity smells like, heh. But I think I need to try it because I'm always saying that my life is ruled by it. :20628860864593fef0b8f29:

will est be available this month too?

Oooh, I'm such a dumdumhead! I can't believe I forgot to post these. Yeah, both Estatetreanol and Alpha-Androstenol will be available this month in 1 ounce spray bottles, in an alcohol base.

AD_EstatetreanolSpray.jpg

AD_Alpha-Androstenol.jpg

I thought it was spelled Estratetraenol? or is what you have a different product because I went to look it up and there werent any results for that named phero

LOL! THANK YOU, VIVICA!

You're right, my mistake!

I'll be fixing that!

Ok, scents?

Turkish Delight ~ We've combined the flavors of this delectable candy, (Rose, Lemon and Mint), with the deep resiny Attars of the Turkish Dancers. Ail came up with this suggestion around 6 months ago; we combined her tasty idea with a touch of mystery and the exotic.

Beltane ~ Fruit, Blossoms, Incense and Smoke - for perfume and ritual use; for growth, fertility, sex and blessings. Danna's personal recipe that she makes for herself every year, released to the public for the first time because May talked us into it!

Anti-Piggy ~ The recipe for this one was given to me by a Canadian Massage and Aroma Therapist. It consists of a specific combination of fruits and spearmint which is fabled to work as an appetite suppressant. Now, we're certainly not allowed to sell it as such - we're selling it as a lovely little perfume, but I'll be very curious to hear if it has an appetite suppressing effect on any of us! Raven and Dolly each had a hand in this one coming together.

Fortune Cookie ~ The scent of crispy cookies, Chinese Teas and a drop of Almond! (Good guessing, girls!) Full-sized bottles will be accompanied by a REAL Fortune Cookie! We had them freshly baked just for us, with our own special surprises for you inside!

Turn On ~ I wanted to do a real traditional 60's Hippie scent. A nostalgic trip back to the days of tie-dyed bell bottoms and vinyl records, lava lamps, enormous 'fros, and free love. People make fun of the 'dirty hippie' smell, but phooey, I actually always liked those rich incensey oils and wanted to make a really quality version that would act like a time machine for your mind.

Night of the Fae ~ The result of a night of Fae magic: the wee ones dancing upon unopened flowers, crisp leafy stalks and yet to ripen fruits; watery with fresh morning dew.

UN for Men ~ An un-phero-ed variant of our SUPER for Men. This version is a bit more brisk and fresh, with the addition of Lavender and a tad less sweetness; with pipe tobacco, woody notes, and maple. An undeniably MALE scent, somewhat reminiscent of the scent of a barber shop of old. I'm certain that many of you gals will find it irrisistable to wear yourselves, and without those super-sexual-dominant male pheros you can, without fear of getting grouchy. --- I named it UN due to the removal of the pheros, UN-Super-ing it, so to speak, but also because UN is the masculine form of the number ONE in French, (UNE being the feminine). --- Stumbling across the artwork was a dream. The artist who revamped this piece of classical artwork (he prefers to be credited simply as CODA) titled it "A DAY OFF", and I just thought it was too perfect to pass up. A beautiful scent one can wear just because you love it, even if you're not in the mood to be "SUPER" that day.

Synchronicity ~ Our lone, scented pheromone-enhanced offering for this month. This one contains the "Drop Your Guard" pheromone formula, in a comforting, companionable fragrance that both women and men can wear and enjoy. A warm, resiny musk with a hint of vanilla and an inviting tease of intrigue.

Southern Gothic™ 2008 ~ YAY! Our Southern Belle is back for Spring! This is Danna's flagship blend that she brought along with her from her own company, "Southern Gothic Magickal Scents™" when she and I joined forces a few years back. Each year, she tweaks the balance of ingredients a little for a unique experience, but the flowers in the bouquet remains constant - rich Southern florals that can't help but bring to mind the thickly humid Southern heat - swinging on a wooden porch in Georgia surrounded by fragrant blossoms, a fan in one hand, a mint julep in the other...

MIASMA ~ So, no one took up the challenge to look up this story on the other thread, but it's nothing short of fascinating and I heartily encourage you to do so on Wikipedia if you have any interest in religious history. A somewhat circuitous tale perhaps, to get to this title, this label, and this scent, but it all makes sense, and I think Pythoness is with me as well, as we developed the idea for this in tandem. --- MIASMA is an ode to the "Dark Queen" Catherine de Medici of France, circa mid 1500's. Her tale is at times heartbreaking, as she was no doubt sorely abused and reviled without good reason, and accused of witchcraft unfairly, but later became ruthless and embittered, perhaps latently earning her mantle of The Dark Queen. --- One of her many alleged crimes is that of poisoner, and this perfume, based around Lily of the Valley, is comprised of poisonous florals such as this, that would have been easily within her reach at the time. The Lily is a symbol of France, as is the Fleur De Lys logo - a symbol of both the flower and the country. --- The word MIASMA comes from one of the most horrifying events in (religious) history, that of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. By the time the riot and fervor were over, the French Catholics had murdered 10,000 Protestants, and no doubt, retroactively disgusted, blamed Catherine de Medici as instigator, claiming that the witch released a *miasma* into the air (an air-borne spell/poison/disease) that was responsible for their actions. Whew! But don't let that put you off! LOL! The scent of this perfume is GORGEOUS, albeit with a très foncé (very dark) inspiration!

Spanish Gold ~ Board member *May* painted such a longingly beautiful image of her love of Spain, that I instantly became obsessed with her idea for a potion entitled "Spanish Gold". I have spent the past 6 months hunting down ingredients as she described to make this perfume. Now, keep in mind, neither Danna nor I have ever been there, and we have no idea what the air actually smells like, so authentic it shant be, but what we've done is taken all of the elements present in May's memory, and made a beautiful perfume out of them. Olives, Stephanotis flowers, Hibiscus, Rosemary and other herbs and spices, Citrus and more... --- So, why no real label picture? Because the label is CLEAR. The better to view the hypnotic flakes of pure 24 karat, edible quality, GOLD floating within the full-sized bottles!

May's original post is here:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.p...hl=spanish+gold

Wow ladies, you never cease to amaze! These labels and decriptions are so very inviting. I am still definetly going to sample all and it looks like I may have to splurge on some full bottles before I smell, such as Spanish Gold!

Thank-you for all the time and energy you put into these. I love how each one has a story, a purpose...

Oh wow!

I'm so glad Spanish Gold is being released this month. I've been working on some soul-destroyingly dull work and aching to just put everything down, head to the airport and go to Spain.

Obviously I can't do that at the moment - but at least I can smell Spanish now!

Thank you ladies!

May

I am going to go soooooo broke! I think this is one month that I am going to have to get the whole monthly sampler.....

I am going to go soooooo broke! I think this is one month that I am going to have to get the whole monthly sampler.....

Mara, I emailed you to add a sampler pack to my order before you invoice me......

Yay! :20628860864593fef0b8f29: I slept through the night so time would go faster and it did!!! I am totally blown away with the amount of work you ladies do in a month! These descriptions are so incredibly diverse, what creative minds you must have! But what really impresses me is that not only can you think them up but you can actually manufacture an incredible product, market it and get it released! :) I know you must have some kind of serious productivity potion going on over there!And to venture into the pheromones is brilliant! I am totally impressed!

Ok, so now when will all of these lovelies be shipped??????? :)

Kudos on all of your fabulous work!

Therapygirl

mmmmmm turkish delight, Im going to have to hide this one. Then attars and incense and smoke and sweetness and florals they all sound so yummy. I cant wait to get me some spanish gold. Then est and cops oh man Im in trouble

Ugh...I know...just when I'd decided that this month I'd restrain myself and only get samples of those I *really REALLY* wanted...but when there's over 5 of them, how can you NOT go for the whole month's sample?

Ugh...I know...just when I'd decided that this month I'd restrain myself and only get samples of those I *really REALLY* wanted...but when there's over 5 of them, how can you NOT go for the whole month's sample?

Thats why I almost always get the whole set... one of these days, when I have the extra cash not already earmarked for the purchases of full bottles, I am going to buy the annual subscription.

Just out of curiousity... do most of you invoice-order the new releases (i.e. email your request to the ladies) or do you wait until they show up on the store inventory? I'm trying to figure out which is a 'kinder' method for the ladies; didn't it take Mara a full day or two to get out from under the barrage of emails we sent her with March's releases?

Edited by Chaionlife

EXACTLY!!! I usually only buy the samples that I know will probably go with my chemistry, but this month I want them ALL!!!!

Thats why I almost always get the whole set... one of these days, when I have the extra cash not already earmarked for the purchases of full bottles, I am going to buy the annual subscription.

Just out of curiousity... do most of you invoice-order the new releases (i.e. email your request to the ladies) or do you wait until they show up on the store inventory? I'm trying to figure out which is a 'kinder' method for the ladies; didn't it take Mara a full day or two to get out from under the barrage of emails we sent her with March's releases?

Ooooo, you just gave me a thought...I get the 'Economic Stimulus' giftie next month...(supposedly)...and my birthday is the month after...wouldn't it be nice if somehow...

Monthly sampler, that's the only solution...

liz :)

All the artwork is so beautiful :) . I would also like to know when these releases actually show up on the store inventory to order?

Thanks,J

I have a question about the Essence Oil...since it's in an oil base, will it be more difficult to cover up than the original alcohol-based version, and/or will it take longer for the scent to die down, compared to the original (so that it can then be covered up)? Also, does it smell the same as the original and is the smell as strong?

I have a question about the Essence Oil...since it's in an oil base, will it be more difficult to cover up than the original alcohol-based version, and/or will it take longer for the scent to die down, compared to the original (so that it can then be covered up)? Also, does it smell the same as the original and is the smell as strong?

I don't have any empirical evidence to back this up, but I think it would cover more easily... as the oil will mix better with the roll-on perfume oils we get from LP

You'll have to experiment!

It's EXACTLY the same strength as what you are used to buying. The smell is the same, only the base has changed.

We anticipate that the differences will be, that the scent will lie closer to the skin - it will not diffuse in the air so much without the prescence of alcohol - and the scent may linger longer in the end.

We think it may not be as harsh on initial application, because there will be less of it in the air.

Please, everyone, report your experiences with it!

You'll have to experiment!

It's EXACTLY the same strength as what you are used to buying. The smell is the same, only the base has changed.

We anticipate that the differences will be, that the scent will lie closer to the skin - it will not diffuse in the air so much without the prescence of alcohol - and the scent may linger longer in the end.

We think it may not be as harsh on initial application, because there will be less of it in the air.

Please, everyone, report your experiences with it!

VERY anxious to try this! And you KNOW I will be reporting my experiences!!

"UN" I was thinking 'UNdress" :)

Michael, you naughty boy!

You fit in PERFECTLY here......

Okay.... can we start ordering these already ??

I'm getting the DT's :omgwtf:

liz

Sheeeettt :omgwtf:

I want everything LOL Mara your killing me, you may have to talk to my husband for me when he gets the bill LOL

I am so excited, I had to miss out on ordering last month but I have been holding my breath waiting for this months fabulous creations.

Tisha