Beccah

I know CB^^ I really want to try this and I want it to work...I'd love a dark pumpkin :)

I ordered a sample but that will probably arrive with my sale orders. Seems like those who use it like it with SS4W. I was thinking LFN provided it was deep enough to cover it and of course if the scent works on me. I just love that label too.

Me too!

Well be sure to review it once you get it, please! :)

I can rarely wear dragons blood, even when its the nice resiny kind. It turns to nyquil on me, like, 90% of the time.

But...if there's not toooooo much in here, I'd be willing to try it again! After all, I used to think chocolate was a death note and now I really love it in some things. But dragons blood & maple I seem to have a tough time with.

@cheese if dragon's blood is anywhere within a 100 mile radius of me my skin amps it - it did in this - but sounds like not so much for others. at least your skin only turns it into nyquil...that doesn't sound so bad to me:)

Cool Luna, I'm gonna give it a shot then. Thanks.

I'm finding a pleasant surprise in your Miss Autumn also, in that the maple isn't turning straight overwhelming pancake on me. I'll review it after I wear it alone..today theres other stuff on too cause Im testing,but so far,great!

Autumnal scents are my very favorite, I just have trouble with a few different notes.

The lamest thing is, my skin can handle most ANYTHING except,dragons blood,maple and chocolate...which of course are often present in AUTUMN SCENTS. Murphys Law!

ETA: what does it turn to on you Tyvey?

Edited by cheeseburger79

I don't think it changes to anything- it stays pretty true (I think?- I've never actually smelled a dragon's blood plant directly...is it even a plant?) I guess I just don't like it :D it has a chemically edge on me and I have some kind of bad nostalgic/past life type association with it *shrug*

@Stacy K I think it would be okay with LFN, maybe try a swatch and mush together. The patch might help the cops cover that bitch right up.

:D Thanks. I really want this to work.

Do you guys think a guy could pull this off, its a little foodies than I'd like but it has a lot of darker tones that I'm interested in. Lots of scents are more Unisex than you'd think because it all comes down to skin chemistry at the end of the day.

@loki I keep trying to force men (here & IRL) to wear various foody & floral things... it's not going well lol. Please try evil in carnation if you can get hold of some, and my more recent AMAZING ON MEN discovery Whoopsy Daisycake. I know it sounds crazy.

Evil in Carnation its on my want list, it has a ton of stuff I like to smell like .LOL you want a man to smell like a sponge cake, I can see why its not going to well . Nutrix send me some Odalisque and that stuff smells great on my skin.

Fortune favors the brave and I'll definitely get around to testing a bunch of different scents

• 3 months later...

Mmm, a nice dark pumpkin blend, a little spicy but without the sweet dessert quality you usually see with foodie pumpkins. Getting a little of that vanilla/marshmallow root on my skin—less dark now. Also, less pumpkin, more spice. Booze creeps into the background, then a few minutes later the dragon’s blood. A surprisingly quiet scent for all that resiny incense stuff going on! Eventually it does go a bit plastic + incense... hmm, I just don't know. I love it in the sample, but I'm not sure how I feel about it on me.

Man I need a scent locket.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok! I got this in a trade from the lovely Molls, and it's official: I have been WRONG about Dragons Blood! Completely wrong ! Clearly, I had never smelled the "good stuff" till recently, because that cherry nyquil cough syrup memory has gone right our the window! Suh-weet!! I've tried Verhext, All Hallows, Strange and Unusual, and now this, and they've all worked on me with nary a bit of cherry in sight!

. .Out of all, I'd say this one and Verhext.are my faves. I think that Dragons Blood (MARAS DRAGONS BLOOD), may be responsible for part of the "dusky dead autumn leave" scent that I'm loving so much right now.

This one begins all heavily spiced pumpkin pie. I'm eating it whilst burning Satay Sai Baba Nag Champa in the next room. Cool! After awhile, the patch.and.dragons blood emerge more and blend with the other notes making the whole scent a bit "perfumey", but in a high class Bohemian sort of way. Smells."spensive! Like a high end niche scent from Neiman Marcus. My chemistry LOVES this, and I'm sooooo glad I finally got my mitts on a bottle of it!

It's only 8:30 am and I've been complimented on it twice...rockin!! Also, my bottle happens to be spiked with SS4W, which is one of the few pheros that I'm still diggin on these days. It makes me happy and goofy. Fun!

So all in all, A+ ! Loving this, and very glad to have overcome my DB aversion. Rock on!

• 9 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

On me this is spicy, and similar to Cauldron cake but with something extra, I guess that would be rum. It's yummmmy :P

I figured I would review this one since it's the perfect time of the year for it!

I applied a swipe from the sample vial and immediately it smelled like fall, and Thankgiving and Halloween around! It's sweet, creamy and spicy! It reminded me of pumpkin pie, with a cinnamon stick next to it.

Once it dries down I continued to amp the cinnamon unfortunately, so much that it would overwhelm all other notes :(

It still gave me a feeling of fall inside- which is nice given that I live in Arizona and it's still 90* (30*C) during the day outside. I think this perfect when waiting for Trick or Treaters or going Trick or Treating with your kids!!! :hallo1ween:

Fortunately, the cinnamon does not amp on me at all in Wicked; I actually even didn't know there is supposed to be cinnamon in there!

For me, this is the perfect dark, dry, woodsy fall scent. It really smells like it's name somehow and it makes me feel very strong and badass. ;)

There is something almost minty in it after it's been on my skin a while, but I think that is probably the pine needles that my nose translates into 'mint'. Something very fresh and invigorating.

Underneath that is black earth, full of half-decayed leaves, smelling sweet and organic and slightly dangerous.

I discovered the scent in a sniffie that was generously included a few months ago; I was delighted to find out that it was still around and bought a bottle immediately.

In the sales I picked up a second bottle - it really is a gorgeous, gorgeous scent.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This smells AMAZING on my bride! A month or two ago she finally got around to checking out the bag of sniffees that were sitting in the bathroom drawer. Wicked was one of her favorites and I love how it smells on her. For her to actually ask me for a bottle is quite the achievement. She isn't really into wearing perfume much even though I love how it smells on her.

I can smell the dragons blood (I happen to really like dragons blood) and I was happily surprised when that was one of the scent notes that she enjoyed as well. This is a well blended scent. On her, the marshmallow root, nutmeg and cinnamon come out first, the dragons blood always stays in the background adding a depth to the scent and really making it sexy (at least to my nose). When she finds something she really likes, I have learned to get multiple bottles. I've already gotten her a big bottle of this but I'll have to get another before this one is gone.

• 5 months later...

Why oh why did it take me so long to try Wicked? Wait. I know why. The pumpkin. I was worried I'd smell like pumpkin pie. I like pumpkin pie but it's not my fav and I don't really want to smell like it. Having said that, I realized I had to try this after discovering my love of resin and spicy scents.

I'm so in love with this! I got it a couple of weeks ago and it's the first bottle I opened to smell. I've opened it almost every single day since just to smell it. It's been way too warm for this one, or so I kept thinking.

I couldn't hold out any longer and had to try it today. It's so beautiful. I continously smell my wrists and will intentionally sit with my hand holding up my head just so I can smell my wrists. It's warm, cozy, smokey, spicy, sexy, beautiful, strong, mysterious. It does NOT smell like pumpkin pie. It smells like Autumn to me but specifically later Autumn at night when it's getting colder and it's past prime leaf color changing time. In fact, most of the leaves have fallen and you need layers and a sweater or coat. I picture myself on a wagon ride at this apple orchard near me. They have this trail through the woods and it's beautiful in the fall and reminds me of LOTR when they go to Lothlorien. I also picture northern Minnesota being surrounded by the beautiful deep autumn golds, browns and the few remaining brighter reds, as well as the deeper greens the pines start turning into, and Autumn bonfires. I now live in the twin cities, and the seasons in both places are not exactly the same experience. Very close but not quite. It brings me back to my childhood in such a touching way and it's not easy to explain.

To me, it's a beauty all its own. Not one thing is overpowering anything else. It's quite fitting for Elphie, I think, and The Wicked Witch of The West. Elphie lives! and wears this all the time. It perfect. This just moved to the top of my list for at least 1 backup bottle. (I'm a bit of a fan of The Wizard of Oz and Wicked.)

Edited by tink333

• 2 years later...

I looove this scent, and it fits in with my current pumpkin marshmallow lifestyle. Thing is, there just aren't enough hours in the day, so I'm wearing this TO BED. I mean, I'm alone, so really just for sleeping. But I think it will be a good test to see what it smells like in the am. I'm thinking about adding in some EoW, and don't want to overshoot the mark. Could I add just 2 drops to a bottle? Or maybe 4? I know most people prob do 6-10, but I haven't been subtle about much lately, and I wouldn't have to worry I was overdoing it.

Just curious. Any thoughts? What is the smallest amount one might add in to a good cover like Wicked, or something more sheer?

Edit: I added cops as follows:

1) I filled an 8ml purse atomizer with 1/3 Wicked oil, 2 small drops EoW, and filled the rest with perfumer's alcohol

2) I added 6 small drops EoW to the rest of the Wicked oil bottle. I'm not a mathmetician, but I'd say that works out to be about 11 drops if it were a full bottle oil.

I say small drops because I used a glass ml measuring dropper, not a pipette, which I believe would've been harder to control. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I like the effect of the cops in the alcohol, even though wide dispersal isn't my goal, it seemed to dry down a bit quicker.

Edited by Eastwood22

I looove this scent, and it fits in with my current pumpkin marshmallow lifestyle. Thing is, there just aren't enough hours in the day, so I'm wearing this TO BED. I mean, I'm alone, so really just for sleeping. But I think it will be a good test to see what it smells like in the am. I'm thinking about adding in some EoW, and don't want to overshoot the mark. Could I add just 2 drops to a bottle? Or maybe 4? I know most people prob do 6-10, but I haven't been subtle about much lately, and I wouldn't have to worry I was overdoing it.

Just curious. Any thoughts? What is the smallest amount one might add in to a good cover like Wicked, or something more sheer?

Edit: I added cops as follows:

1) I filled an 8ml purse atomizer with 1/3 Wicked oil, 2 small drops EoW, and filled the rest with perfumer's alcohol

2) I added 6 small drops EoW to the rest of the Wicked oil bottle. I'm not a mathmetician, but I'd say that works out to be about 11 drops if it were a full bottle oil.

I say small drops because I used a glass ml measuring dropper, not a pipette, which I believe would've been harder to control. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I like the effect of the cops in the alcohol, even though wide dispersal isn't my goal, it seemed to dry down a bit quicker.

Here's a little tip.....I wouldn't worry too much with Wicked, because it is a heavier scent......BUT, that said, if you are adding cops, and it is a scent that is on the lighter to medium side, scent-wise, add a few drops, shake it, and then let it sit for at least 24 hours before testing for bleed-through and adding more if necessary. If you don't know what bleed-through is, let me describe it as such.....you are standing there, smelling lovely, you move around, your perfume wafts around a bit, and you say.....WHAT IS THAT that I smell.....is that COOCH? So, yeah....sometimes EoW can take a while before it "blooms" in a scent.

Here's another frame of reference too.....I believe that Mara said that the OCCO scents only contain like 30 drops of cops per 10ml bottle.......so, if you're not trying to knock somebody over the head with your cops load, you could easily just start off with a few drops in a bottle and see what type of effects you get.

Edited by Dolly

Here's a little tip.....I wouldn't worry too much with Wicked, because it is a heavier scent......BUT, that said, if you are adding cops, and it is a scent that is on the lighter to medium side, scent-wise, add a few drops, shake it, and then let it sit for at least 24 hours before testing for bleed-through and adding more if necessary. If you don't know what bleed-through is, let me describe it as such.....you are standing there, smelling lovely, you move around, your perfume wafts around a bit, and you say.....WHAT IS THAT that I smell.....Is that COOCH? So, yeah....Sometimes EoW can take a while before it "blooms" in a scent.

Here's another frame of reference too.....I believe that Mara said that the OCCO scents only contain like 30 drops of cops per 10 ml bottle.......So, if you're not trying to knock somebody over the head with your cops load, you could easily just start off with a few drops in a bottle and see what type of effects you get.

Thank you Dolly, this is great information. There was a moment when I had the dropper and the alcohol and everything all set up and I was thinking, "I could put them in this, and this..." and then realized I was most likely going to regret it in due time. Giving it 24 hours for it to "bloom" is not something I would've known, but it sure makes sense! I intellectually comprehend that less is more, but it's such a challenge to behave accordingly.

Thank you Dolly, this is great information. There was a moment when I had the dropper and the alcohol and everything all set up and I was thinking, "I could put them in this, and this..." and then realized I was most likely going to regret it in due time. Giving it 24 hours for it to "bloom" is not something I would've known, but it sure makes sense! I intellectually comprehend that less is more, but it's such a challenge to behave accordingly.

Yeah, I have made about every mistake you can imagine....been using pheros since 2002/2003 or thereabouts......if you get bleed-through one time, in the wrong situation, you will REMEMBER......LOLOL

Yeah, I have made about every mistake you can imagine....been using pheros since 2002/2003 or thereabouts......if you get bleed-through one time, in the wrong situation, you will REMEMBER......LOLOL

Oh yeah, I had a cops "situation" on Halloween. I over did it because I was dressed as a man (Walter Sobchok from Big Lubowski) so I overdid the female scents in an attempt to soothe my man who was not appreciating how well I passed as a man. The small creepy man combined with the heavy cops load really creeped out a bunch of people who believed I was a man. (With their eyes.)

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I had a cops "situation" on Halloween. I over did it because I was dressed as a man (Walter Sobchok from Big Lubowski) so I overdid the female scents in an attempt to soothe my man who was not appreciating how well I passed as a man. The small creepy man combined with the heavy cops load really creeped out a bunch of people who believed I was a man. (With their eyes.)

Not to mention all the women who hated you and didnt know why. Live and learn. ?

Shit, I can't put on cops and drive past work. The daggers....

Edited by StacyK

Oh, Sta

Not to mention all the women who hated you and didnt know why. Live and learn.
Shit, I can't put on cops and drive past work. The daggers....

Oh, StacyK, I walked up to female actual friends of mine, but they didn't recognize me, and as I walked into their personal spaces, yikes! The looks I got combined with physical withdrawal was amazing.

Oh, Sta

Oh, StacyK, I walked up to female actual friends of mine, but they didn't recognize me, and as I walked into their personal spaces, yikes! The looks I got combined with physical withdrawal was amazing.

Yes. Its weird. Its like there's this force field around you and pushes most women away. Noticeable "physical withdrawal"

Its intresting playing with pheros.