Lion Heart

katz

Ok, if you're 'foodie scent phobic'...and I don't *encourage* you to be :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co , you might feel more comfortable with this one. It's definitely masculine, perhaps more of a traditional men's fragrance feel, and it's got good throw -not loud, but pleasantly assertive. That's what it calls to mind, a guy who's sexy, confident but not full of himself. I like it like I like Excalibur, with an added 'touch' of musk...yummy guy!

Hehehe, wow. I guess this shows how differently a scent can smell to a person. I had tried this yesterday and I thought it was more feminine smelling to me. I honestly didn't get a feeling of it being masculine at all. *shrugs*

Lol, that is amusing... I'm not afraid of wearing 'gender-bending' scents m'self. I think once this had time to 'wear' on my skin it would be a somewhat butch but wearable green/musk for women. I *would* like to smell it on a guy!

This one reminds me of LP: 9+ Temperance! Except this is a touch more floral ... It will be amazing on a man.... Gives me an impression of a classy, well dressed business man! :(

Edited by bumbob

This scent can go both ways, ahem, depending upon you chemistry. Is what I think. When I sniffed it in the bottle and first put it on it was femme in a very sophisticated way. Complex with a lot of lavender. Then after about 30 minutes it started to smell like men's shave cream. Very clean and fresh.

I will be testing this on friends and report back, mes amies.

I think this is totally masculine, although it is the kind of scent a woman could wear if she chose, but really, with a clean almost medicinal top and mid, this is absolutely essence of male fragrance to me. The ivy is really strong at first and then the tea notes give it a freshly-washed kind of feel, sort of toning down the green a bit. The musk has that classic drugstore skin musk vibe going on.

This is so masculine to me I am convinced Q is going to say, "Yes, this is what a man is supposed to smell like!" which is his ultimate benchmark for acceptability, my stodgy dear. :w00t:

Edited by luna65

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK TEA & WHITE TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

FERN ~ Sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, bestows confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck. Representative of ancient knowledge.

ENGLISH IVY ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

My bf loves this! He's been looking for an LP scent similar to Top Dog that doesn't have the pheromones. Now while this isn't exactly similar to Top Dog, we both think it has similar qualities and a similar feel. It is a fresh, clean-ish type scent especially during the beginning stages while still having masculine qualities, probably from the musk. I know sometimes reviewers use this analogy so I will too, this is Top Dogs hunk of an older brother, who is tall, dark and handsome, built like steel and much more experienced in business and in love. This is a scent that can be worn anytime, anywhere, it's appropriate for any occasion and I think it would please most people. In the bottle this is fresh, almost citrus... then the musk breaks through and adds depth. It drys down into a sexy, manly scent that makes me look up to my guy in a DIHL kinda way, I want to be rescued and swept away by my knight in shining armor!

Edited by Honeybee

I agree with Honeybee that it is a good all-around, any-time kind of scent. I have noted that it has some sweet tones on me, which I ascribe to the teas, which is quite pleasant (rather like tobacco but less dominant), with the ivy and musk lending some depth and strength to it. It definitely worked nicely with a bit of 'Charisma' as well

Edited by EveningWolf

• 3 months later...

This is so masculine to me I am convinced Q is going to say, "Yes, this is what a man is supposed to smell like!" which is his ultimate benchmark for acceptability, my stodgy dear. :lol:

And right you are Luna!! This is a beautiful quiet masculine scent. I can see where it is someplace between smooth and almost understated enough that a woman could wear it but it does not come across as feminine at all. The teas blend in so well with the fern and ivy. There is this quiet scent of green - not overpowering at all - the teas balance out the fern and ivy perfectly. And they cover the musk so that it does not leap out and slap you - is too is just quietly hovering there. This is a GREAT every day all around scent. My only complaint is that my skin drinks it up like there is no tomorrow. I may need to get two bottles of this instead of the usual one. This could easily become a "usual" scent for me.

Edited by quietguy