I suppose yes, it is a nebulizer but great for dispersing something into an entire room.

As an example, I've been wanting to get one and when illness takes over the town (small town with a lot of people passing through) I could use lemon essential oils to help sanitize the room (or business) ... when the guys are cranky it might even lift their moods ... and when I am cranky ... maybe a little Bomb Balm LOL

We have too many flammables and it worries me to keep candles burning. Plus I think if inspected we could get fined. That, and we are a manly type business and the wax melts aren't macho enough. :-)

What about a cold humidifier? The problem with these is that they need scrupulous cleaning on an almost-constant basis to avoid mold.

There are electric tart warmers that don't use candles, and you might be able to find one that is very un-fussy. Some of them are not much more fancy than a coffee mug. Oh, speaking of coffee mugs, I've heard about people warming tarts in a small pyrex dish on one of those electric mug warmers (usually used to keep coffee hot).

What about a cold humidifier? The problem with these is that they need scrupulous cleaning on an almost-constant basis to avoid mold.

There are electric tart warmers that don't use candles, and you might be able to find one that is very un-fussy. Some of them are not much more fancy than a coffee mug. Oh, speaking of coffee mugs, I've heard about people warming tarts in a small pyrex dish on one of those electric mug warmers (usually used to keep coffee hot).

That is exactly what I use. A candle/coffee mug warmer and a small white rammiekin from Walmart. Works perfectly!!!