Bedeviled

Beccah

AD-Bedeviled_1.jpg
BLACK PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Label scares me though. I should show this to Maria. :666:

We knew you were going to say that! :lol:

This is the one I'm most looking forward to...I want an evil boysmell. :2705:

I like black pepper scents, I can't wait to try this one!

There's something very traditionally masculine about this to me, I love to wear men's fragrance and so I would wear this (or put it on my cuddle pillow) but I wouldn't call it unisex. I think it's a fairly seamless combination of everything, but the amber and the pepper are the notes I discern the easiest; the resins in combination with the pepper make it less literal and more male, if that makes any sense. The tobacco comes out more as the pepper backs off and it's incredibly sexy but also very intense. I would tell any guy he doesn't need to wear too much at all because the sillage is powerful.

This makes me think of a darker version of Merlin's Blend or Down and Dirty for Him. The amber in it reminds me of Ambuscade. It also makes me think of something I've smelled somewhere else and I figure it's probably Byblos Black or something like that.

First things first. I must thank Mara for generously sneaking a sample of this one in with my order. I really wanted to try it for the theme alone, though pepper is iffy on my skin. Smelling it now I must say I'm not amping the pepper to eleven at all. I do agree with Luna, though, that there is something traditionally masculine about it. I do get the pepper in the wet stage, but it calms itself and then I mostly get the amber and tobacco on the final drydown. Something comes across like pine resin to my nose, and I'm not sure what because there is no pine resin in here that I know of; my guess is either one of the ambers or the combination of a couple notes reacting with my chemistry. Though it is pleasant to smell it is a tad masculine for me, but I am still very glad I got to test it out!

Wow. Just wow. Bedeviled smells so incredible on BF that whether he wanted it or not, he was going to wind up with a full bottle at some point. Thank goodness he loves it as much as I do! :) It's so sexy. That kick of pepper is fabulous! I totally dig this one. And this is one of my favourite labels of the month, so I'm kind of excited about adding it to his collection. He's going to need his own lipstick risers at this point! :lol:

I'm so glad Mara makes men's perfumes as well as women's. It's double the fun, choosing perfumes for/with BF in addition to those I choose for myself. And it's really fun watching him become more and more interested in the scents that come into this house every month. :D He texted me today, to tell me "our" box was here! :lol: He knew he had some goodies coming, and was just a l'il bit excited himself.

It's catching... ;)

Every time I read this one I want to read it as .. Bedeviled Eggs This smells incredibly clean and masculine to me. It also smells sharp which is probably the black pepper. I am going to dab some on BF and see if he can exorcise the demons out of me. :fright04238:

Y'ALL. The label? That's a picture of my living room. Love eeeeeet. Mwwwwaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

*ahem* So I can't give a great review of this yet, as I have only dabbed some on the side of each hand. What I CAN say is that it is MINE ALL MINE ALL MINE ALL MINE MATT CANNOT HAZ IT IT'S MMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, maybe Matt can haz a little. 'Cause he would be totally edible. :666:

When I put this on, I thought YUMMY (sexy) BOYSMELL! And I agree--it's strong. I got plenty pleasure from just those two dabs on my hands. The second thought I had was OMG ADD WOMAN PHEROS AND STRUT LIKE A QUEEN BEE. This gave me instant swagger. Wow. As soon as I can pull myself out of my bottle of Levitation (in which I currently am happily swimming), I will try Bedeviled with SS4W and cops. OMG. Really. *swoon*

I posted over on the Levitation thread--I got a bottle of that and a bottle of Bedeviled this month instead of the monthly sampler. Just went with instinct and JUMPED. Gods I'm glad I did that!!!!!

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

this is a Male scent ?? :huh: Boysmell ?? :blink: Menopause must be in FULL GEAR :swoon::cry:

I can't wrest it away from He Who Was Once the Boy to try it! Not even sure where he has squirreled it away..... (hope HE knows! Man, have you seen his room? I keep telling him that his future dates will run away if he doesn't improve his housekeeping skills.....)

I love wearing it myself, so I consider it unisex, or sexy-boy-smell that women can wear too. :)

Technically I see it that way too, I fully agree with you. But the smell of it is undeniably masculine to me. Any of the guys out there who shy away from the term "unisex," you definitely shouldn't pass this one by.

This is so deliciously masculine. Too much so for my tastes to wear it out and about but I do love to sleep in a nice manly scent. Usually, I amp black pepper, but it blends so well in this. I was really excited to smell the tobacco note in this one, and it lived up to my expectations. It's so smooth and sultry. I really like it!

I love black pepper in perfume. It's so sultry.

I make an essential oil mix of 3 drops ylang ylang & 1 drop of black pepper eo for my bedroom eo burner. It smells sexy in there! :lol:

Sometimes I do mandarine eo & black pepper for our living room. Oooh! Yummy! ;)

I think it's kind of neat how it can be energizing - or enlivening? - yet so cozy at the same time. I also think it's kind of cool that it works so well with so many different kinds of notes. It's great with florals, other spices, fruity things, resins...

I can't wait for BF to wear this. We might have to share the bottle. ;)

• 1 month later...

I wear a lot of men's and unisex scents, but this one is definitely masculine. Maybe it's the patchouli? I can detect some of the dry tobacco but very little black pepper (which is very sweet on my skin). This scent has almost no sweetness, it has a initial coolness/freshness. After an hour, it's getting obnoxious. I think it's the patchouli.

Edited by perfumesniffer

I really hope Bedeviled stays in stock long enough for me to nab a bottle for BF. It *is* a lovely, masculine scent. And it smells incredible on him - definitely something I wouldn't mind huffing on him from time to time.

So, this evening I've been wearing Bedeviled while doing magicks and painting. I STILL love it and it's MINE ALL MINE MATT STILL CANNOT HAZ. Heh. But I have to tell y'all: This sonofabitch ***morphs in feel***!!!

See, I took a potty break and was snoofing my arms and trying to figure out how to tell you this. Bedeviled starts out like

AH MA CHERIE I EMM SO PEPPERY HOT AND SEXXXYYY COME TO ME NOW mwah * mwah * mwah!!!

But after he dries down he's all Oooooooh cherrrrrieeee...I am so sweet and suave and oohhh so verruh innnnnterrresssting let me snuggle in your lap and stroke your hair mwah * mwah * mwah! It's kind of like he goes from Maurice Chevalier on a triple espresso to sleepy Maurice Chevalier on good Cognac.

I love this perfume. Ohhh-hoh-hoh-hooohhhhh. B)

P.S. STILL haven't tried it w/pheros yet.....but am going upstairs right nor to add some SS4W and another layer of Bedeviled. Heh.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

... It's kind of like he goes from Maurice Chevalier on a triple espresso to sleepy Maurice Chevalier on good Cognac.

I love this perfume. Ohhh-hoh-hoh-hooohhhhh. B) ...

HA! I love this! What a great review!

Cannot wait to get a bottle of this for BF. Who knows? Since he's now into his own phero adventure, maybe I'll even get one boosted for him. But with what? Hmm...

What's tempting is to split a dose of something, (maybe SS4M, if it turns out to give me a girly-woody, like it does Luna & Raq On! :lol: ) between Bedeviled and Steamy Daydreams... Now that's fun to think about! ;)

How did this one compare to those that tried/have BALLS! ?

Love me some BALLS! Want some more BALLS! I ran all out of BALLS! and I just want to slather my body in BALLS!

tumblr_mfmp77VOzv1rhwcdeo1_500.gif

insert not-entirely-uncreepy smile here :D

but seriously, is this like BALLS! ?