Bedeviled

Beccah

This doesn't remind me of Balls! at all. Balls had almost a powdery kind of undertone, and there was something very nearly creamy about it. (This is going by my first wearing of Balls!. After the first time I wore it, it smelled like fresh celery on me).

Bedeviled has more of a sheer vibe. And I don't know about anyone else, (Tyvey, for example, said upthread that she doesn't get any black pepper), but I get lots of sheer, zippy black pepper from this. I dunno. I think Bedeviled has more of a classic cologne feel to it.

but seriously, is this like BALLS! ?

No, I would say BALLS! is more like the Down & Dirty duo which was created a few years back, with more of a sweetness to it (in both versions); whereas this is very masculine.

Hmmmm....sheer versus a pashazade comparison.... May have to try but will keep expectations low. Pashazade is hard to top.

I think there are a few equal to Pashazade, but different. Down & Dirty for Him and SUPER for Men are the ones which I believe are just as wonderful.

This is a GREAT scent - very masculine. Like the ladies have said, the first thing that comes across is the pepper - spicy but not too much. Once it dries down the tobacco and amber come out a little more with the patchouli way back there, but the pepper stays front and center on me. And it is great. Interestingly enough, I often do not like tobacco notes in colognes. I do not smoke and it tobacco notes often make me feel like I have been in a dive bar with cheap generic cigarette smoke. But this tobacco scent is so well blended in with the other notes that it is tremendous. This is the type of scent I kept smelling my application points as much because I love it as to see how it was morphing. If you want a masculine scent, then this is one you have to try. This is going down on the full bottle list.

Hazel, since you like the scent of Pashazade, I think you may also like this one.

Hmmmm....sheer versus a pashazade comparison.... May have to try but will keep expectations low. Pashazade is hard to top.

I think PM & Luna are right - if you are a Pashazade fan (and I am!), you will like this one. Not that it smells like Pashazade, but if you like that spicy edge to Pashazade then I am sure you will like this one too.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 months later...

I have a feeling it's going to smell fabulous on Quince as well. :666:

And oh lordy does it ever! It turns so dark and smutty on him I had to go outside lest I jump him (because I promised to be gentle with him). It's like, if you ever have naughty sexy demon fantasies...that's exactly what it smelled like: an unholy object of lust, still trailing a little brimstone on his way up from the depths. *dreamy sigh*

• 6 months later...

I wore Bedeviled today. I had to stop by one of my usual grocery stores. On the way in, I saw one of the female cashiers who is always friendly was bringing in shopping carts from one of the collection points in the parking lot. I decide to help her and bring in some in.

We are each pushing our respective line of carts. She is beside me, about four feet back and exactly downwind. Suddenly I hear her start huffing the air, groan, and say "Oh my God you smell good." She just kept saying variations of that until we got inside. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I tried this one yesterday. I also found it pretty traditionally masculine-smelling. At least at first. After a short while, it turned really sweet on me. No idea what caused that. That was nice, too, though--not cloying or anything. It was quite strong, however. Then not too long after that, it just settled down into a musky scent that stayed close to my skin. It remained like that for the rest of the day.

Not the best review, sorry. I will have to either try it again sometime, or just give it to my husband. I do like the scent, but I'm not personally big on wearing men's scents. And to my nose, this isn't quite unisex.

• 3 years later...

My man snuck out of the house in this. Except he didn't really sneak, he should've left 1/2 hour earlier, but he was waiting to see me in passing. So sweet. But this stuff is amazing! Kinda reminded me of Ambuscade in that "I'm gonna follow him around way." Yummy!