Beccah

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg this is HEAVEN!

It's like a mix between Baskery- Special D and Lunas Coffe and Cig! This is DEAD SEXY. I think of red lipstick a slinky black negligee and sexy bedroom hair wearing this and eating a cute little fancy pastry.. because it smells soooo delicious. My skin is eating it up just like I want to do to my arm right now.

Dang, since you and I love so many of the same scents, I think I need a backup bottle

I really like this.It doesn't remind me of special delivery, which is good for me.

That one was to milky chocolate.Blackstone upon application its all dark coffee with resins,smells dry and lovely.The chocolate is dark and the cherry comes out after the dry down making it really huffable.

Everything in this sounds great but the Black Cheery has me scared as Cherry notes always go bad on my skin.... I will keep my eyes peeled in the trade threads for a sample of this one....

same - the rest of it looks great, just don't know about the cherry

Oh def! Bettie Page! What I really wanted to say was this is a total red lipstick black leather F+++ Me hard kinda scent..

That was the impression I got when I smelled this.. so yeah Bettie Page lol.. except Bettie Page didn't really want you to F her hard.. she just wanted you to think that.. and I even bent over a bit on a stool with a whip in my mouth

Okay. I totally missed this review last month. Ummm, I'm totally off to see if this is in stock! Sold!

I think the currants are what "makes" this one for me. They can be stabby on me but here, like in mamelons, they give it that little extra intriguing kick, especially in late drydown.

Am I the only one who always hears this Lp name in a Scottish brogue in their heads?

I think the currants are what "makes" this one for me. They can be stabby on me but here, like in mamelons, they give it that little extra intriguing kick, especially in late drydown.

Am I the only one who always hears this Lp name in a Scottish brogue in their heads?

Tyvey, Your right the currents really make this blend... I think once the current notes hit it takes away some of that burnt smell that I got initally and takes awhile to burn off but it is worth the wait to get to the inside of this scent.

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought was Fry's chocolate covered Turkish Delight but this is like a really amorous box of dark chocolates, where the Turkish delight got frisky with coffee cream and they had a baby. I don't know how it has rose to me , but it works anyway. I tried it also on my sleeve, and it got a little more curranty later. I absolutely love this. I'm going to pair this with Balm Bomb.

I really want to try this, moved it to my short list lol.

After all the reviews I think I'd like to add pheros. Sexpinoage, BI or maybe something like .."like A Magnet UN.

Can we get Like A Magnet unscented ??

I really want to try this, moved it to my short list lol.

After all the reviews I think I'd like to add pheros. Sexpinoage, BI or maybe something like .."like A Magnet UN.

Can we get Like A Magnet unscented ??

I did a little poking around the main site and here's the list, I think you would specify "Magnet formula"

I did a little poking around the main site and here's the list, I think you would specify "Magnet formula"

Thanks, I think I would have to specify it's not listed, wonder if Mara brews LAM specifically may be why it's not listed.

Thanks, I think I would have to specify it's not listed, wonder if Mara brews LAM specifically may be why it's not listed.

Like Molls said! It is listed, but we call it Magnet rather than LAM. It's short for Like A Magnet. :)

Like Molls said! It is listed, but we call it Magnet rather than LAM. It's short for Like A Magnet. :)

Duh...just didn't register on my scan. My attention was a bit divided lol. Is it available unscented?

Despite having been here for a while, I'm still not too good at predicting whether things can cover cops/pheros... I know pink, fruit and vanilla usually cover well- but not always - and then things that "shouldn't", like sheer florals, sometimes cover insanely well. Do we think this could handle BANG? I mean, there's the fruit (cherry) and the resins, but I just don't know...

Despite having been here for a while, I'm still not too good at predicting whether things can cover cops/pheros... I know pink, fruit and vanilla usually cover well- but not always - and then things that "shouldn't", like sheer florals, sometimes cover insanely well. Do we think this could handle BANG? I mean, there's the fruit (cherry) and the resins, but I just don't know...

Do you have Bang currently? I ask B/C I have UN Spray x2 in 60/40.

I do not have a problem with the cops in it. I smell them lightly, that's all. But I don't get it on my hair and clothing and allow a short dry down JIC. I'd say it could handle it all the way. I recommend roll on oil. But if your very cop sensitive you might want the 1/2 dose.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

Cherries, roasted dark chocolate similar to my favorite, Ghirardelli Midnight Reverie...and clean linen. Skin chemistry, you're crazy. :/

I just got my package today and have had this one on for about an hour. It smells like cherry in the bottle. When I first put it on I smelled some chocolate. Now it smells like extra sweet patchoulli + bourbon vanilla on me. I absolutely adore it. It just smells different that what I was expecting. I can see it becoming a fave though.

So I just received my sample of this, and just did a side-by-side comparison with Special D! First applied, they both smell very similar, like an assorted box of milk and dark choc-cherries. Moments later, my skin is turning Special D into something truly vile, is it the amber? The milk chocolate? Stupid skin chemistry. :wacko:

The Blackstone, however, is turning into something rich, perfumey and sophisticated. I can smell the currant blending with the resins, and just a touch of the dark chocolate. I'm not picking up any coffee, though. It's something I will enjoy wearing, no doubt!

I think the coffee in this comes off as resinous. It's not the crema espresso I get in TT.

As this dried down I got a flash back to the days (we r talking over 20 years) I worked in a French bread, pastry & coffee place. The real deal owned by a French family. (Pre Starbucks era)

I learned how to make espresso drinks "properly" I new how to pour a quality shot of espresso .. the smell I get is the fresh just brewed through grounds, that resinous dark coffee scent.. very euro sophisticated.. the cherry just adds to that whole atmosphere & scent memory. This is deep, resinous and sophisticated. I ordered an extra bottle with a whole shot of cops. extra yummy!

Edited by StacyK

I think the coffee in this comes off as resinous. It's not the crema espresso I get in TT.

It has a "coffee amber" kind of vibe like in Luna's Sungold Mocha, I think that's what you're getting.

It has a "coffee amber" kind of vibe like in Luna's Sungold Mocha, I think that's what you're getting.

The part of my post was missing..I said.. "Luna's Sungold Mocha" God that sounds great. "coffee Amber" is a good description. I can just smell it...

I really love this. ( Blackstone) It already has that aged bottle fragrance. It can only get deeper. Can't wait to see what the added cops do. I'm guessing a faint sweetness after dry down. I'll be glad to have both options. Don't think the bottles will last that long though. :Emoticons04235:

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

Oh look it's me again...

I literally can't believe there is any of this left. It's pure sexy awesomeness. Deep, dark'ish, resiny but not so resinous that it overwhelms. Just freakin amazing. I have two full bottles one cop-boosted, wow!! It's like putting a little sugar in some dark coffee the cops made the notes spark and sweeten just a bit. highly recommend.

same - the rest of it looks great, just don't know about the cherry

I never did get back to post that the black cherry that had me so scared in this blend really worked for me... You might want to give it a try via a sample and see if it works for you...

The cherry does not amp on me either, it's just like a little kiss on me.

This was/is such a beautiful collection.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...

I tried this one yesterday, and it was interesting. When I first put it on it was almost straight black cherry. Then it unfortunately went cherry cough syrup for a little while, and I thought I was going to have to wash it off. I even put another sampler in my purse to take to work, because I was expecting to be scrubbing the Blackstone off. But then after about another half an hour or so it settled to something very nice. I'm not sure what, exactly - I honestly have to say that I don't know what resins are supposed to smell like, so maybe it was that? And I think the currant came through a bit too. I never got any chocolate or coffee from this one really though. I like it, but I'm not sure if I want to jump to a full bottle of it. I may wear it again tomorrow for a second opinion.