Beccah

This is very pleasant; oddly skin-like, if my skin were some kind of dessert.

I can smell the almonds quite strongly at first; after a couple of minutes they mellow out, and I get some raspberry, a lovely subtle vanilla and a hint of nutmeg; the nutmeg is not very strong, but it serves to make it feel a bit more 'grown up', instead of the fruity teenager it might have been otherwise.

It is not terribly strong, but it does last very well; it stays like a warm, soft presence for the rest of the day.

It's a sweet, light, cheerful kind of scent; not completely innocent perhaps, but certainly carefree.

I rather like it; I went back and forth about getting a bottle during the sale, but in the end it got pushed aside by more 'urgent' scents.

I might end up regretting that, though.

Ssupytalp! Shhhh!!! (Nice review!)

This has been one of my secret LP loves - one of those I love so much, I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to it! :lol: If no one else liked this, that would be A.O.K. by me, as I would slowly and very secretly buy up ALL the bottles, leaving none of you any the wiser. Hehehe... :666:

I've had more compliments on this scent than any other, except Sneaky Clean.

Ssupytalp, you're right - it clings to the skin, and makes you smell as if you were some kind of dessert. But watch closely when you're wearing it out and about, because I think it travels a bit more than you realize. When I wear it to work, I catch my Manager Dude surreptitiously sniffing the air. Last Christmas he came to LP looking for scents for his long-term girlfriend, and I believe it was Ionia that brought him looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I'm ISO a nice marzipan scent, so I ordered a sample so I can compare it to my favorite marzipan scent Petit Four Your Thoughts (I had Ionia sniffies before, when writing my past 2 reviews). So last night I applied Ionia on one hand and PFYT on the other. While wet, they are very, very similar (except the marzipan note is much stronger in PFYT), but after it dried down Ionia became more fruity than foody scent on my skin. However, PFYT stayed a very strong marzipan scent even after it dried down...

Edited by cutie.pie

• 2 months later...

All of a sudden I am loving this one. Initially I thought I would really enjoy the almond/raspberry/nutmeg combination, was a bit skeptical of the egg, but it had sniffed ok so I thought I'd try it. Well I tried it several times and it consistently would start with the lovely marzipan almond that I love, but then morph into a strange custard plastic scent and I had to wash it offf. Something this morning though made me want to try Ionia yet again, and OMG - it must be change of me or spring season, but now it's amazing.

The almond does burn off quickly but leaves a lasting hint of almond that blends so well with the vanilla and raspberry. The berry doesn't amp to be too pink or candy-like either and the amber gives it a wonderful base pulling it all together. Best of all the egg has yet to be too extreme as a custard (egg + vanilla) or plastic smelling. Hooray! I also love the glitter within the bottle, lovely touch.

Marzipan, you say? I liked this one, and I hate marzipan with all the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. (Well, okay, maybe not that much ;) ).

On me, it was just a pleasant, sweet scent with a bit of a tangy edge that prevented it from being cloying. I was surprised that I liked it, actually. I'm not usually much for foodie scents (with my usual "except for orange cupcakes" disclaimer), but this was quite nice.

• 1 month later...

Right off the bat, it smells like a cross between marzipan and sugar cookies with raspberry. Upon dry down, I detect a tiniest hint of spice (nutmeg). It's an uplifting fruity scent that's not overly "foody"... I'm rather enjoying my trial vial.

• 11 months later...

I like this when it has completely dried down. With the soft spices in the background, I get a warm, soft and comforting vanilla-berrish in the foreground.

• 1 year later...

JOC, or anyone else.. Almond Musk is like one of my favorites ever, and I'm on an almond kick right now. But I don't like perfumes that dissapate quick. Almond Musk has been called a skin scent,but to me it totally isn't, it sticks around and wafts about for hours and hours. Is this like that too? Or is it really just that light to where you have to snoof your arm to smell it after an hour? I don't dig that. I'm planning my sale order, so anyone who knows, holla back :P

Thanks gang!

Edited by cheeseburger79

The only Almond Musk which I own is my PE. I remember that it didn't stick for too long. I'm still smelling my potion of the day so I can wear my PE tomorrow and let you know.

Hi Chessy,I've applied quite liberally but the scent still won't stick. The scent has changed over the years, it is a little sweeter than I recall and seems more balanced. It's probably my skin.

Thanks JOC! It's probably just like that. If it doesn't stay on you, it probably won't on me either. But that's ok! There's PLENTY of other scents in the sale that I want,haha!

• 4 weeks later...