Radium Girl

Beccah

AD-RadiumGirl_1.jpg

Radium Girl

The Radium Girl was one of the original names (circa 1919) given to the classic "big box penetration and restoration trick", wherein the magician's lovely assistant would be placed (or chained) in a box and then subjected to impalement by spears, sawing in half, and seemingly, various states of bodily part displacement. This astounding feat of stage magic is credited to turn of the century British illusion designer Val Walker - known as the “Wizard of the Navy” due to his service in the Royal Navy - an electrical apparatus maker, who also designed a straightjacket for Houdini! Don’t we all wish we could remake ourselves so easily? So we concocted an island vacation in a bottle which is sure to leave you feeling relaxed, restored and positively glowing! A beautifully breezy mix of bright pineapple, lush orchid, island gardenia and deliciously smooth coconut cream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck, protection.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
COCONUT CREAM ~ Protection, healing, purification, receptivity.

This one reads great...but I'm scurd of fruits and orchids can go loud on me so I got the trial size, I really hope it likes me cuz I want to want a full bottle! :)

Edited by NuTrix

Not sure about the gardenia, just trying a sample of this.

I just have a dab of this on but what I am getting the most of are the pineapple and the orchid. The coconut lends it some creaminess. The gardenia is there, but very light. Just like I hoped it would be. Very pretty and the color is gorgeous!

I just have a dab of this on but what I am getting the most of are the pineapple and the orchid. The coconut lends it some creaminess. The gardenia is there, but very light. Just like I hoped it would be. Very pretty and the color is gorgeous!

Sounds as nice as I'd hoped...YAY !!

So far the brightness of the pineapple is floating on top of the other notes, it has a "resort" feel to it, sort of, in that it makes me think of lying by the pool with an umbrella drink, with the scent of flowers in a warm breeze.

Great reviews, ladies!!! I'm starting to kick myself for not going ahead and ordering a full bottle. But i still have time before my vacation!

ETA: Hmmmm, or maybe I don't. I might have to just kick the bucket and order it.

Edited by BlueBear

It ends up being a nice balance between everything; in that respect it reminds of Jo Anna's Tropical Getaway, but with gardenia.

Great reviews, ladies!!! I'm starting to kick myself for not going ahead and ordering a full bottle. But i still have time before my vacation!

ETA: Hmmmm, or maybe I don't. I might have to just kick the bucket and order it.

Oh no! Please don't kick the bucket! LOL

But I thought that was Gardenia in that one..must be tuberose? I get them mixed up.

Tropical Getaway had tuberose and white ginger.

Oh no! Please don't kick the bucket! LOL

Bwahaha! "Bite the bullet" is what I meant. I was watching Death at a Funeral while I was forum-ing earlier. must have had it on the brain!

Tropical Getaway had tuberose and white ginger.

Oooooh! This sounds intriguing. Off to explore Artfire...

I'm so happy to hear that the gardenia is sitting very lightly on this one.... so exciting

Well, this is one of the coconuts that doesn't like me. Everything else has mostly faded away, and I'm left with the tiniest hint of gardenia, which is nice, and a ton of plastic coconut. Too bad, into the swap section it goes.

Just got this out of the mailbox about a half hour ago. I was pulling the wand out to sniffle this one and my vial CRACKED! :o Just the tip where I was pulling out the wand...Soooo, I dashed for a 5ml spritzer and carefully poured it in and then rinsed out the vial (VERY carefully using a pipette so as not to break off the tip) with perfumer's alcohol (twice) and now I have a little perfume spray of Radium Girl! :D I will be back to review this properly within the next couple days...I will probably be too imapatient and give it a test run tomorrow though :lol:

Just got this out of the mailbox about a half hour ago. I was pulling the wand out to sniffle this one and my vial CRACKED! :o Just the tip where I was pulling out the wand...Soooo, I dashed for a 5ml spritzer and carefully poured it in and then rinsed out the vial (VERY carefully using a pipette so as not to break off the tip) with perfumer's alcohol (twice) and now I have a little perfume spray of Radium Girl! :D I will be back to review this properly within the next couple days...I will probably be too imapatient and give it a test run tomorrow though :lol:

Nice save!!!

Initially...it was just panic, lol. WHADDOIDO???WHADDOIDO???WHADDOIDO??? (AND how do I do it with one hand because I was afraid to set the vial down for fear it would leak/spill :lol: ) Afterwards, I tried to peel off the label to put it on the bottle but as I tried it crumbled in my hands - YIKES! So I carefully wrapped it in tissue and threw it away. BUT the potion IS saved! :heart:

Thus far it's the only BLUE LP I have...I can pick it out in the crowd, lol. But that's good to know for future reference! Thanks Halo :D

Omg the gardenia is not raping my nose!!!! What I get is a yummy creamy pineapple/coconut version of Coconut Musk and LP Sunfire.. It def smells very creamy and tropical! I think I might love this if the gardenia doesn't come out on her rag.

This totally reminds me of another LP..

Mara - your fabulous-ness is killing me! This is going to have to be a full bottle too. It's so summery! The gardenia, which I was leery of, is perfect! I can't stop sniffing my arm *drool*