Radium Girl

Beccah

*ding ding ding*

Hee! I wish it was BUNNY LUV, there were only three bottles made of that one and I've already used up 1-1/2.

I actually am falling in love with this one. Where's LIZ? this smells like Sunfire to me

I thought so TOO LV !!

so glad I bought a btl unsniffed

*ding ding ding*

Hee! I wish it was BUNNY LUV, there were only three bottles made of that one and I've already used up 1-1/2.

Are you "ding ding" -ing the PSRR? And maybe my brian isn't working yet this morning because I can't figure out what those letters stand for...

Yes ma'am; it's Pumpkin Shake, Rattle and Roll (aka Quincenip/woobiebait).

woobiebait? :huh::blink::lol: OHMYGOSHI'MSOSTEALINGTHATONE!!!!!

Eeesh. I don't think this one is a full bottle or me.

The thing that continues to surprise me about LP is that even if a scent may not be me, I don't think I've crinkled my nose and gone "EWE!" to any of them (as I have for FAR too many commercial scents, lol)

It's really light, which is great because my skin is doing the sharp fruit thing that it can sometimes do to floral fruities. I don't NOT like it, I just don't love it and it doesn't make me want to huff my arm...or eat it :lol: Which could be a good thing... but it's a beautiful light scent..I mean light, like barely there...sheer? At first I thought my skin gobbled it up after 45 minutes but what it actually seems to have done is just cling close to the skin.

This is the one that I put into a spritzer because the vial cracked when I was trying my first sniff, so when I sprayed it on it was very in my face "HERE I AM!!!" but with the alcohol burned off, I'm sure this is how it was intended (clinging light and close to the skin I mean). The floral is staying very forward on me but I can totally see why so many of you are going over the moon for this one :love:

I can smell the pineapple in the vial, but it doesn't hang around on my skin for too long. Tropical flowers, not too heady, but a light lushness. I'm not sure if it's more the orchid or gardenia, as i'm a newbie and not very good at picking out individual floral notes. Most florals can amp to sickening levels on me, but this is staying on the light, ethereal side. Very nice! :)

I panic ordered a bottle of this unsniffed, and I am glad I did. This is gorgeous!! I expected this to be heavier than what it is, between the coconut and the pineapple (which tends to take over on my skin) but this is a very light scent, yet still richly tropical. The orchid is wonderful! Because my two favorite orchid scents are very pink smelling to me, I tend to associate it with that. But this is a very blue scent to me (and not because it is literally blue!) It just reminds me of the beach, and I know I will be wearing the hell out of this when I go in a few weeks!

I was pretty afraid of the gardenia but as others have said, it's very tame in this and well behaved. On me it's mostly coconut cream, very dense, more like coconut cream soft custard, and the orchid is very delicate and just a tinge. I get no pineapple at all. Inexplicably it keeps reminding me of Christine's tropical musk more than anything.

I got my sample of this the other day and when I took it on a test drive the only note that blared thru was the coconut... I love coconut but I really wanted the pineapple to come out and play, I'm going to try the sample of this again in a few days to see it it will react differently to my skin....

I think I need to properly slather Radium Girl to really get sense of what it is and how it behaves. So far, the small quarter-sized dots I've made with it on my arm have yielded only a simple floral sweetness that fades quickly. I hope that applying more will allow me to get a better sense of it.

I cannot wait for my bottle to arrive! I got this boosted with SS4W!!! I did a half boost so I don't overdose and die a sexy beast.

I think it's the perfect carrier for SS4W.. Now I'm thinking I might want a bottle with LACE!

I still cannot get the pineapple to come out in full force on this one, the coconut is still the prominent note in this one and then it turned into a heavy duty floral on me after an hour… It must be the Gardenia. I wanted this one to work so badly on me…

Can you layer it with another fruity to keep the florals back?

I did that yesterday while testing a bottle I ultimately decided not to keep but the combo still did what I needed it to in order to keep the notes I didn't like in the first perfume at bay.

Sometimes you have to whip those notes into shape and show 'em who's boss!

12887236_ori.jpg

Hey LPMP family,

I been gone for a few weeks for work, but I'm back and having fun with my scents. I love this scent and it's in my "must have" collection. You know you love it when the tester is gone in like two days. Dang this one is GREAT! How do you do it Mara?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a hunch this wouldn't be me, so I only went with a sample.I can't pin my finger on what exactly I don't love about it. It's pineappley, and coconutty to begin with like a pina colada then changes in a way I can't describe. I feel a little nauseous, not caused by Radium Girl at all but it's not something I want to smell in large quantities right now. I loooooove the label, so I'm glad to have it.

It's a reference to a type of stage illusion (as it was part of The Golden Age of Magic collection), not to the Curies.

• 1 year later...

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before, I love this scent, it's fruity creamy lightly floral wonderfulness. It's one of my go to summer scents and I have been guilty of slathering. Even if i didn't love the scent I love the label and blue colour of the oil. :hearts0425: It's long lasting on me and is great for layering(just layered it with Lady V's Sweet Pussycat) and I'm excited to see what creations I can make with the layerables!

• 1 year later...

I'm getting mostly orchid from this one, with some pineapple and coconut. I don't love this one, but I don't hate it either. On my skin, one of the notes has a plastic edge to it that progressively comes out during the drydown. It smells great in the vial though, like a nice summery floral with a tropical feel. And the label is really awesome.

Edited by Juliana