Sands of the Nile

Beccah

AD-SandsNile_1.jpg
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
EGYPTIAN MINT ~ Stimulates, energizes and uplifts. Love, purification, healing, psychism, creativity. Protects the home.
NEROLI ~ Sensual, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.

I didn't catch this was unisex as I was posting. Can a mod move this to the men's forum & enter the tag "unisex" for me?

I'm not sure what I'd compare it to, really. It has a nice clean cool sort of mood but also a neutrality of sorts...maybe like Gemini, although it doesn't wear as light as that one. The sandalwood and oakmoss lend a smooth feel while the other notes are refreshing but not too bracing, The neutral vibe would give the unisex impression but I'd say this is really more male because it's the kind of clean evocation which men prefer.

ETA: the drydown is "sandy" - powdery but not sweet. The top notes completely fade.

Of the two I was thinking of from this month for Quince, this is the one I think he would like. He prefers scents which are clean and not too loud.

This one smells very manly to me. Initially wet it does a strong thing.. like it's kinda throwing it's weight around asserting itself... very much like a man does... as it dries down it gets softer and whispers. Strange morpher. I like the whispering part of it.

The strong notes that I detected are probably the mint and the wood. I have no idea. All I know is that it was very loud wet and know it's barely even there. It disappeared and settled down.. like magic!

Kinda interesting. Not sure if this is Lady V scent.. but my sample might come in handy to exorcise bosshole's demons.

I've dabbed it too, now and I agree though I *could* wear this, I think of it as a more classic men's scent. I get a 'cool blue' feel out of it, which is a little odd considering the ingredients..but there it is. I'm going to ask my sweetie to try this out and see what he thinks. I think it'll be great on him!

Katz, I get what you mean by cool blue. In fact, my first thought when i put this on was "beach." I am acutally shocked by this scent. when I looked at the notes, I was sure that this would read as masculine on me, but it really doesn't. It does smell like a classic men's cologne like the others have said, but I'm amping something in here that sweetens it up just enough for me to be able to wear it. I'm always wary of mint. It can sometimes smell like Freedent on me, but it's nice in this. It "cools" the scent. A pleasant surprise!!

This is the only scent from the April set that I don't get along with. It's lovely, and it smells fabulous, both on me, and on BF, (who *really* digs it), but after I had it on for about half an hour, I had to wash it off, 'cause it gave me a whopper. I keep telling myself, "you can't win them all", but jeez, I really like this one. :( Stupid head! It really does have a classic men's cologne aura about it. I think that's what I like so much. When I was much younger I preferred to wear men's colognes, and Sands of the Nile kind of reminds me of my youth.

Still, I'm left with 9 others that are just wonderful, and which do not give me headaches. So I should probably just stop whining! LOL! :D

Wow another unisex one that doesn't feel masculine or even unisex on me AT ALL! From wet to dry whenever I get a whiff I think "ESTÉE LAUDER". I have no idea what I mean by that - I haven't smelt an Estée Lauder perfume in years and haven't WORN one in even longer! It just has a very classic, grown up, ultra sophisticated vibe. There's something intensely old world European about it. I'm generally leery of neroli but it's buttah smooth in here, just a flavoring, barely there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think Luna hits it right on the head in her description below. This is a very smooth scent. I cannot even really break out the individual notes nor can I give a comparison to anything. Molls and LV are also right in that this comes across as a very masculine scent. So even though it does say "Unisex" I think this falls clearly (to me) on the side of masculine unisex. The one othe scent here that comes to mind is The Sinner & the Saint. Not that the two smell anything alike, but they both have that very smooth scent/feel to them. If you want a scent that can shift easily from work to more sophisticated play, then this could be the one you are looking for. Give it and The Sinner & the Saint both a try and see which one (maybe both) work best for you. I have a full bottle of Sinner/Saint and will end up with a full bottle of this one too. This is another great keeper.

I'm not sure what I'd compare it to, really. It has a nice clean cool sort of mood but also a neutrality of sorts...maybe like Gemini, although it doesn't wear as light as that one. The sandalwood and oakmoss lend a smooth feel while the other notes are refreshing but not too bracing, The neutral vibe would give the unisex impression but I'd say this is really more male because it's the kind of clean evocation which men prefer.