Beccah

AD-HighlandFling-LovePotion.jpg

Highland Fling

The perfect gift to woo a fae…floral fairy cake! A delicious bakery blend of cake-like vanillas and vanilla bean layered upon a base of lush sweet amber and topped with rich buttercream icing and a single delicate Scottish daffodil. Devotees of our Whoospy Daisycake fragrance will dance with delight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, true eternal love, fertility, luck.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoopsy Daisy cake smelled heavenly in the vial but didn't work on me. I am trying this one hoping for a different outcome. The label is my favorite from this month. Mara, I remember you telling me (after I mentioned that some blends with vanilla go wonky on me) that there are different kinds of vanillas (food type vs. scent type maybe?) which one is in this?

Whoopsy Daisy cake smelled heavenly in the vial but didn't work on me. I am trying this one hoping for a different outcome. The label is my favorite from this month. Mara, I remember you telling me (after I mentioned that some blends with vanilla go wonky on me) that there are different kinds of vanillas (food type vs. scent type maybe?) which one is in this?

I am totally with you on this. Whoopsy did the same thing to me. Weird because I love all the other cakey ones. Maybe this one will work better for both of us.

though on me this ends up being very much like delicious gooey cake batter and the flower just accentuates the sweetness.

:Emoticons0086: ...sounds more and more like a Calii scent after all :)

This one actually works better on me than Daisycake. I wore it out on the town tonight! YMMV, though on me this ends up being very much like delicious gooey cake batter and the flower just accentuates the sweetness.

YESSSS!

What's YMMV

This one in the bottle is definitely more foodie than floral...the floral is complimentary. I haven't worn it yet but it smells great in the bottle!

This was very floral on me, it reminded me of Rosie's Wedding Cake and Aloha P for some reason. I don't get any cakes notes yet, I think my skin is amping florals big time right now, so I think I should wait a few days. My skin is always weird after my period, so that could be the reason why I don't get any delicious cake.

I wore this one back on Wednesday and I think it's divine! I LOVE the daffodil. It jumps out of the vial all sweet goodness...my husband said it smelled like caramel cheesecake to him, lol. I get the sweetness but the daffodil stayed prominent and eventually became a yummy creamy delight...This one's going to be a favorite I can tell!

This one does work better on me than Daisycake. It is way cakier where DC was way daisy-er. Like Victoria said it reminds me of Aloha P a bit (not sure how since that one is a lot of gardenia...I think).

Hmmm...I think it would be great with Gotcha! I'm not over the moon with this one right now but I think it will have a big following!!

Oooh, this is nice! This is how it would smell if you were standing next to a white wedding cake adorned with flowers. A perfect combination of white cake and daffodils. It's light and foody but as it drys down, it gets deeper and more like floral perfume. It's not old ladyish, though. I like this for spring!

Oh, I had such high hopes for this one. I was hoping that it might become my replacement for Whoopsie D (when I eventually run out), but unfortunately this one does exactly what Aloha Pumehana did :( I think it's the buttercream that goes a bit haywire. It totally dominates the scent & has an almost maple syrup type quality. I don't get any floral notes from this at all :(

It's so weird about the buttercream.. Some buttercream works for me but others don't. For example the buttercream in La Fleur and BBM and even RoseButterCream water - is beautiful , but for some weird reason this and Aloha P turned all weird and overly floral and rancid.

Wet, I really like this. The buttercream is thick and rich. the daffodil is green and fresh. It is a little sharp but so far no stabby headache. I will update after the drydown. So far it's a rare floral that I might actually wear.

update: Dry the floral aspect really dies down and blends with the cake. I love this! Color me surprised. Perfect for Spring. I am going to do a proper slather now.

Edited by halo0073

Wet, the floral didn't work for me- it was a kind that I personally don't like, heady, magnolia or gardenia like. Within about half an hour that has completely vanished and it's thick and creamy, reminds me of A Lick of Cream.

Wet, the floral didn't work for me- it was a kind that I personally don't like, heady, magnolia or gardenia like. Within about half an hour that has completely vanished and it's thick and creamy, reminds me of A Lick of Cream.

Lucky! MIne stayed in the heavy gardenia/floral department.

Okay I woke up this morning to the most amazing smell. It was this from yesterday! And i figured out the floral is dead on OCCO Green. So despite the fact that I get a headache while the floral is crazy, I am going to wear this again today just for the drydown.

The same floral doesn't work for me. I was thinking maybe it's a white flower thing, but lillies and orchids work on me.

This is really cuddly! With all the comparisons to Aloha Pumehana, I thought this would be a little heavier-wearing, but it's very light. Cake-y and light. So far, only a teeny-tiny hit of floral. I'm really happy with how this is wearing. It feels like it wants a snuggly phero, but I don't know if it's strong enough to cover Cuddle Bunny. I suppose my next choice would be Gotcha!, since it has a real snuggly vibe, too. Or maybe even H&S. Hmm... Can't get my nose off my arm for some reason... ;)

I was scared of this one since it smelled a little like smoked meat when I first put it on. So weirddd. Fortunately it dried down and definitely reminded me of Aloha Pumehana, but with a floral ring to it that lasted longer than the buttercream.