Beccah

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I received my bottle yesterday and predict I will be using this up in no time! It's summery and tropical. I get mostly coconut cream with the mango and lemongrass peaking thru. It's such a pretty summer/tropical scent that's not too fruity or too sun tan lotion-y.

The only negative is that it fades quickly on me. Must slather!

*Sniffs vial - eyes roll to back of head and then swoons* HOLYMOLYTHISISREDICULOUSLYCREAMYANDDELICIOUS!!! Oh! This is FB! This is FB! It just got here, just delivered, and I know I need to let it sit a good 24hours, but like Luna said, it's IMPOSSIBLE not to sniff them when they come :D I will be back to properly review this before weeks ends...probably even tomorrow night, lol, as I probably will not be able to wait any longer to pour it all over me :w00t: Be back soon....

omg this is fresh dried young coconut from thailand. Fresh, I'm loving the contrast the lemongrass and mango has to offer. The coconut is starting to overpower now but it is creamy and laid back, maybe from the goatmilk? It's like coconut pudding or haupia, with chopped mangos on top.

Is there cocoa butter in this? I'm starting to get coconut cocoa butter. I'm starting to get reminded more of hair care products, especially someone with African hair would use.

Very tropical dessert smelling. The scent's settled for a coconut cocoa butter smell. Not my niche, but coconut lovers will definitely dig it. It's not suntan lotion, that's for sure.

OK....So. Rolled in this like catnip... :lol: I don't understand what I'm getting only that I LURV this. It's green(?) not bright but earthy(?) I'm thinking it may be the teak I'm trying to associate...but it's not a sharp green, it's creamy and cozy. The fruit isn't up front on me, it's more like a little something that brightens it a bit and keep the scent more chewy than gooey. I'm sorry all, I feel like I'm floundering a bit with this description. Let metry this direction....Exotic and sophisticated...Like a beautiful woman in a floor length, satin, champagne colored negligee, shimmering in the early morning breeze that is carrying a hint of coconut in the air as she stands on the balcony over looking the blue waters on the bay below...yeah. It's like that. :love:

Is there cocoa butter in this? I'm starting to get coconut cocoa butter.

Coconut butter, which is a different thing I believe, given that's how Mara designated it in her notes to me.

OK....So. Rolled in this like catnip... :lol: I don't understand what I'm getting only that I LURV this. It's green(?) not bright but earthy(?) I'm thinking it may be the teak I'm trying to associate...but it's not a sharp green, it's creamy and cozy. The fruit isn't up front on me, it's more like a little something that brightens it a bit and keep the scent more chewy than gooey. I'm sorry all, I feel like I'm floundering a bit with this description. Let metry this direction....Exotic and sophisticated...Like a beautiful woman in a floor length, satin, champagne colored negligee, shimmering in the early morning breeze that is carrying a hint of coconut in the air as she stands on the balcony over looking the blue waters on the bay below...yeah. It's like that. :love:

UGH - I want this now... Great review!!

and your avis are always so cute! Love this one!

UGH - I want this now... Great review!!

and your avis are always so cute! Love this one!

Thanks :^^: Since I couldn't pin down what my nose was getting I tried for and image/scene that the smell evoked....so glad that didn't just make it MORE confusing lol!

LOL rolled in it like catnip. That's such an apt description. I do that with BAM and LP red

Sometimes "slather" is accurate but then sometimes...even THAT isn't enough :D Glad I'm not alone!

This is gorgeous. The coconut butter is the shining star of this blend. The teak is just a touch which adds some grounding. The mango adds a tiny bit of sweetness and the lemon grass adds a zing of brightness but beyond those tiny amounts this is all smooth creamy but dry coconut milk and butter. I'd say the goat's milk just adds to the richness. It's not a distinguishable note. Mark my words, this one is going to sell out fast.

ETA: The musk in this is amazing. After an hour that's what I have, dry smooth creamy coconut musk.

Edited by halo0073

Got my package today, whipped the stopper off this baby and dotted some on wrist. The coconut came through at first, then it faded, but I only put a speck on. I am wearing this tomorrow I think full speed and i'll report back. In the bottle I smell coconut and something I can't put my finger on, but I keep going back to smell it in the vial. I don't want to "waste" any of my sample to just wear to bed. LOL

Edited by Raq On

Lovely creamy coconut with just a touch of mango-sweetness. Absolutely edible smelling out of the vial, with a dreamy-creamy coconut soft-musk lushness upon dry down. And, surprisingly, wonderfully, this is a tropical scent that enjoys staying in evidence on my skin! Granted, it takes a slathering of oil to give me that presence, but I am so happy to have a tropical coconut scent with wear-time! Thank you, Mara!

This has a creamy note that reminds me of Dolce Far Niente and Fuzzy Wuzzy; really delicious. It might be the coconut and goat's milk. I can't pick out any of the fruit/citrus notes but it does smell good.

So here's my experience so far:

in the bottle: coconut supreme

on skin, coconut/floral

after an hour: floral. BAH! what could be floral in this??? the musk? I don't normally care for musk so maybe that's the marauding scent?

The lemongrass could be presenting as floral because that what I thought it was on me.

Too weird, b/c I just tried LP Gold yesterday and the lemongrass came across all citrusy and warm. I would say I smell like gardenia or water lily. It is so floral! But the weird thing is that when I smell my inner arm directly I don't smell it. Just when it wafts. It's the wafts that are killing me. DANG!

Raq I bet it's the musk. After the coconut, that is the next strongest smell to me. It's a distinctive musk. I love it but if you're not a musk person I can see this driving you crazy.

Bottles are all gone, but there's still some samples left.

:blink::( WOW! I think that's that fastest I've seen anything blow off the shelf since I've drooled, eh, er, I mean, been here at LP!

Glad I didn't wait until my June order to order a fb!!!

Edited by NuTrix

Raq I bet it's the musk. After the coconut, that is the next strongest smell to me. It's a distinctive musk. I love it but if you're not a musk person I can see this driving you crazy.

I agree. Whenever I have that reaction it is most always the musk. I personally don't like the smell either. It's not one of those that I love but doesn't love me. The feeling is mutual. Musk on me is so cloyingly strong that I actually get nauseous. I do have blends that have some musk though, (maybe Beyond the Veil or S and V) and since I'm a spice girl I know that some must have a bit of musk in them but maybe it's the type of musk. I think Mara has gone over this before, that there are different varieties? or maybe it just depends on how much and what it's mixed with.

Can't believe how fast that went!!! See? coconut scents are the BOMB!

can I wear this to a Grad party w/DHEAS ???

can I wear this to a Grad party w/DHEAS ???

Why couldn't you is the real question :D AZ is phero free, you could wear it with anything you want :)

Yup. Better yet, if you have some open windows, add that too to have the Levitation version of the Amazonia Zee-party bomb :)

You know, I looked at this one and thought-- half the ingredients look great, and then the other half I didn't think would be for me. But now, I'm actually wanted to try it based on how it comes across to many of you. I love goat milk soaps and stuff. I just hope when I finally get to test this that the lemongrass doesn't get uppity.

The lemongrass was a concern for me but it just lends a bright freshness, no stabbing. This is a cross of kanary Kreme and dolce fat niente. Yeah I went there

ETA it's covering cuddle bunny invisibly.

ETA wow this fades fast on me. *slathers*

Edited by tyvey

lol @ "Dolce Fat Niente"

I just envisioned a short, fat Italian woman who has no problem being a larger lady and pushing her lovely squishy lady bits into everyone's space, because, goshdarnit, she's Italian, and that's her right as an Italian woman!

My bottle came today. *kisses it* :D

I think the reason why it reminded me of Christine's Tropical Musk is because that one was a coconut musk too (the original PE, I mean, less so in the rebrews).

ETA wow this fades fast on me. *slathers*

Okay, while I am sorry to hear it fades on your skin, because it is nice to have our lovlies around to enjoy. .. I also so glad it isn't just my skin on which it fades quickly! Good to know I'm not completely alone in my skin chemistry. AZ does last longer than any other coconut based scent on me, though. .. and for that I am sooooo grateful!

Why couldn't you is the real question :D AZ is phero free, you could wear it with anything you want :)

Yup. Better yet, if you have some open windows, add that too to have the Levitation version of the Amazonia Zee-party bomb :)

You know, I looked at this one and thought-- half the ingredients look great, and then the other half I didn't think would be for me. But now, I'm actually wanted to try it based on how it comes across to many of you. I love goat milk soaps and stuff. I just hope when I finally get to test this that the lemongrass doesn't get uppity.

well I did !! and ALL the women commented that they LUVED IT !!

and Mz H the lemongrass plays nice...on me anyway, hope it works for you :)

Okay, while I am sorry to hear it fades on your skin, because it is nice to have our lovlies around to enjoy. .. I also so glad it isn't just my skin on which it fades quickly! Good to know I'm not completely alone in my skin chemistry. AZ does last longer than any other coconut based scent on me, though. .. and for that I am sooooo grateful!

Chai,,,don't you just love this, now I wish I had gotten TWO FBs :D

well I did !! and ALL the women commented that they LUVED IT !!

now I wish I had gotten TWO FBs :D

YES! :cat690: and YES! :Emoticons04235: on both counts! :lol:

This is gorgeous!!!! At first, it's all coconut on me. Then the mango peeks out giving it just a slight bit of sharpness. I'm actually not getting too much lemongrass, but there is something earthy in this. (Actually...could that be the lemongrass? Or maybe goat's milk...?) It reminds me a bit of CTM also, so for that reason alone, I can bear the fact that i missed a bottle of this. GREAT summer scent!!

I just got my sample of this today. I'm still trying to figure it out. It has a tropical vibe, BUT I also get a "perfumey" vibe from it as well. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm going to wear it this weekend without having other scents on.

:cat690: Yeah! Just got my bottle in the mail yesterday! Will be able to wear it today :^^: YUM! :Emoticons04235:

• 2 weeks later...

REPORT: I got my bottle of this that was boosted with EOW, unsniffed. I had fretted that because the scent faded on me kind of quick, it might not cover the EOW. oh, it does, invisibly. I should've known. Like BBM. in fact, either the Eow actually HELPS it stick around, or in the interim but of aging it has gotten longer-lasting.

Oooooo! This one is just SO delish...a dash of cops to boot?! WOWZAH! :Emoticons04235: