Ectoplasm

Beccah

AD-Ectoplasm_1.jpg

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
WATER ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
SPOOKY NOVELTY NOTES ~ BOO!

I am so, so curious about this one. Got a sample for now to test-drive it. I love that eerie old basement smell, you know the type that hasn't been Lysol'd in about 50 years, but a lot of times more as an atmospheric thing than a perfume. If the musk is dominant on me (and I amp musk, so I hope it is) then it may very well be a bottle. I love the eerie effect Ghost Bumps has, while still being wearable as a perfume. If this is anything like that then I'm going to love it.

My alternate title for this one was "Ghost Musk". For all of those who loved that Musk series we did a few months ago, this one would fit right into your collection. The earth note is not strong enough to scream at you, it's only a drop, but it combines excellently with the novelty notes...(ie. dank basement and wet cement, Blue Bear!)....yet this is not a novelty scent only. It smells great on me and could be worn day or night by either gender. It's rather hip and a bit gothy. It's classic musk, but FUN. Make sure you let it dry down on your skin, don't judge straight from the bottle!

I am going to get a sample of this along with the three unisex/mens' scent from last month with a big order (haha - at least for me!). I have just been really busy and preoccupied here.

My alternate title for this one was "Ghost Musk". For all of those who loved that Musk series we did a few months ago, this one would fit right into your collection. The earth note is not strong enough to scream at you, it's only a drop, but it combines excellently with the novelty notes...(ie. dank basement and wet cement, Blue Bear!)....yet this is not a novelty scent only. It smells great on me and could be worn day or night by either gender. It's rather hip and a bit gothy. It's classic musk, but FUN. Make sure you let it dry down on your skin, don't judge straight from the bottle!

Will you be doing anymore musks?

OMG...sold!!!! I am especially curious about the wet cement smell!!! I'm imagining the smell when it first starts to rain in the city.

OMG I WAS RIGHT!!!! EARTH - THERE IT IS!!!

And I almost told you that you were. :D

But Da Mawa didn't like my characterization of "dark dank moldy basement." :(:lol:

I figured guys would be all over that!

But Da Mawa didn't like my characterization of "dark dank moldy basement." :(:lol:

I figured guys would be all over that!

Maybe in the old days - now its the "Mancave" smell: pool tables, large screen TVs, beer, pizza ...

This does smell like an old house; honestly I don't know how many XXs will dig it, but guys can wear this just fine (don't worry about the thing you always worry about, which is smelling the least bit girly, like it's a disease). It's got a dark dank musty green sort of vibe to it; there's a spiciness to it as well. Definitely a spooky subterranean feel and thus a perfect evocation of the concept!

I am so curious to smell this and see how PM captured the scent of old house or basement. I mean I am in awe: How would one even START to gather notes to evoke that impression? :018A1D~14:

Me too !! I have a scent by Blooddrop called "graveyard dirt" and I LUV it !

I wonder how much this is like 'Haunted Hallows'?

There's no floral in Ectoplasm, so for me the two are not that much alike; two different versions of a similar trope.

Alright Ectoplasm!!

Let's see...freshly swiped on, this really is a green, mossy musk. Oh shoot I spilled the vial on my pants. Ah!! Getting the smell of wet cement now. Wow, this really is a bit masculine. Water is giving that "dank" impression...

Yeah, this really is a concrete basement with a slow drip leak type of smell.

When I first applied this, I almost shrieked, "Ewww!!! Motor oil garage spill!" But I knew Mara had better things in mind, so I waited a few minutes and . . . slowly . . . it became wet basement! After a while, it dried down to a softer spice-like scent and lost the moldy cement. Final dry down is surprisingly pleasant, but very much on the masculine side.

A very novel, imaginative opus, Mara!

I got mine and it was the first thing in this month's shipment for me to give a try. I think Luna & just Ducky's descriptions are pretty accurate. There is no floral scent at all to this. When it first goes on it does smell very much like wet cement. But after a while the earth note and some spice/musk comes through a little stronger, but for me the wet cement smell is always there.

What made trying this so funny was that during the day I had been pressure washing the sidewalk and driveway, so this was almost the exact scent I had been smelling all day. Then I came in, washed up, and threw on the Ectoplasm to give it a try. Lo and behold, the wet cement smell. Even after it dried down, there was enough of the wet cement/earth smell that as we were snuggling in bed, Mrs. QG told me I still smelled like pressure washing. I said something about the cement not being the only thing that was hard and would she care to handle my "wand" as it was under a lot of pressure ... :lol:

Oh my gosh, y'all weren't kidding! This is the neatest scent. I have never smelled anything like this (well, that was intended for wearing on your person anyway)! If you mixed a cold, camphorous scent with it it would smell like a tombstone!

Well, wet this isn't really my cup of tea. I'll patiently wait for the dry-down, since I'm a musk ho!!

And, QG, you are absolutely too funny!! I don't say it often enough, your wife is a very lucky woman!!

And, QG, you are absolutely too funny!! I don't say it often enough, your wife is a very lucky woman!!

Thank you but I am the one who definitely "married up"!

Like the others, the wet cement is the star of the show first on. But after a couple of minutes, it started to get really, really sweet on me! Not sugary sweet but sort of naturally sweet. The earth comes out more as it dries down, as does the musk. Believe it or not, it has the same feel on me that New does, but without the creamy. Definitely not masculine on me at all. I love, love, LOVE this!!

• 1 month later...

:burning-heart: LOVE!!! Although this isn't as dank-basement as I was hoping for, it IS Ghost Musk!!! I get a hint of the dankness, but it's mostly etherial, clean, intriguing, occult musky beauty. Kind of Gothy, like Mara said. I can't find the descriptors I need. It's mysterious. It's also attainable. It's sweet, but not cloying. Reminds me vaugely of the Cuddle Bunny thing. Sort of. Can't quite hold on to the words for what it smells like on me. Ghost Musk is the best way to put it, and it's YUMMY!!! I'll try some on Mr. Matt...if I'm feeling generous. Maybe. *snort* B)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Aww I love the sound of "Ghost Musk" I loved all the musk scents and love creepy goth things as well! I must not forget a sample of this in my next order!!

Edited by hearts

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I finally secured my sample of Ectoplasm! I have never smelled anything like it before in a perfume! At first I get the green earthiness then the wet cement comes out. I could really picture a dark damp basement smelling like this. I have never been in a basement though (whole life living in CA and AZ - there is no need for one) It reminds me of the smell of the cement and street after the rain and all the dirt and rocks are all wet and soggy. This scent is totally novelty and could not picture myself wearing it out and about... But I still enjoy it and will put a dab on when I want to smell something ghostly.

I got my sample of this today too!! I like it in a funky sort of way. LOL I agree with you Hearts... I've never lived anywhere to have a basement but the wet sidewalks after a rain, that I know! I'm going to experiment and mix it with some of my rainy scents and see what happens!

• 3 months later...

I just got back from a fabulous ghost hunting weekend here at The Stanley Hotel, love it there...so much interesting activity...and I am totally kicking myself for not bringing along my smaple of this! I'm strongly considering a full bottle just to wear for future investigations. I'll be the ghost musk lady that all the spirits love to be around! :fright04238::Emoticons04235:

My goodness DD... you still haven't tried it? LOL I love this stuff. Any time you want to add a little "stormy weather" (hee hee) to your perfume, this really adds a little kick. Adds a bit of mist and humidity to your day... which you may not need where you live but we're still in the 80's so it's a nice switch-up.

• 5 months later...

This comes off as a very earthy musk, theres a piercing note which i assume is wet concrete.

I dont really recognize this one, it kinda punches me in the nose because its so sharp and loud! I remember i always wanted to try this one when i first joined but now that i have it i fear i dont really appreciate it like i thought i would. I might get back to this one when my throat isnt raw.

• 4 months later...

Halloween ads already? It's only the middle of September...

I just received a sample of this in my latest order. It starts off quite wet and green on me, but the greenness gives way to a damp earthiness on drydown and the musk comes to the fore. There's a touch of sweetness, but I wouldn't call it a sweet scent at all. Definitely a scent for the cooler months, but I can see me wearing this often.

• 5 months later...

This is a unisex/men's scent? I never would have guessed. MY nose didn't get anything like the rest of you! My nose got lemon-scented cleaner at first. Then on drydown, it was sweet and powdery, with still a little hint of lemon. No idea where that's coming from!

I kinda like it and yet I kinda don't. I don't know. I'm happy to have tried it but I don't think it would ever be a favourite.

This is a unisex/men's scent? I never would have guessed. MY nose didn't get anything like the rest of you! My nose got lemon-scented cleaner at first. Then on drydown, it was sweet and powdery, with still a little hint of lemon. No idea where that's coming from!

I kinda like it and yet I kinda don't. I don't know. I'm happy to have tried it but I don't think it would ever be a favourite.

I've experienced LPs like that but in time it (almost?) always runs more toward liking the perfume rather than not. It's so weird but yes, when I return to them, they seem more likable if I was on the fence about them at first.

I've experienced LPs like that but in time it (almost?) always runs more toward liking the perfume rather than not. It's so weird but yes, when I return to them, they seem more likable if I was on the fence about them at first.

Happens to me that way too!! Then it's a panic to make sure it's not sold out by the time I figure out I can't live without it!

• 9 months later...

Haven't looked at these reviews recently but when I think of this scent I think of dank cellars. The spooky, cave-like cobwebby mildewed ones like my mom and dad's that always gives me an allergy attack.

I was hoping for more of a wet stone smell, but this is full on "get in the basement kids, a storm's a coming!" Awesomely evocative but not wearable for me personally.