Wink at the Moon

Beccah

It's so crazy how everyone gets such different things from WATM. This is a love/love relationship here. I could roll in this one like catnip! MEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWRRRRRLLLLLLL...................... :Emoticons04235:

• 4 weeks later...

It's so crazy how everyone gets such different things from WATM. This is a love/love relationship here. I could roll in this one like catnip! MEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWRRRRRLLLLLLL...................... :Emoticons04235:

Oh that's FUNNY! I was just thinking how to describe this, and scents rolling around in each other was part of it! Hee!!!

I'm trying each of my May bottles, a day at at time (if I can stay strong. Heh). I slathered in Wink at the Moon last night, and still subtly smell like it today. This one is OMGNOM on me. *happy sigh* Really, really lovely. It's very foody, rich, and *just* sweet enough. Now, that statement combined with the way it lasts might make it seem overwhelming...but it's NOT. It's PERFECT. :heart::w00t::heart: The only way I could think of describing the smell is Autumnal Equinox 2010, Tyvey's Coffee Cake, and Garland and Lace (version-before-last...III?) rolling around in each other, with a little chopped fig and apricots. HA! I don't get the freesia at all as a single note, but it must be part of the understated sweetness of this blend.

Also, I just now read through this thread and the Wink at the Moon for Neil Armstrong thing is so very beautiful! I remember staying up half the night and watching the live coverage of that lunar landing with my parents, in a little beach place in Malibu, on summer vacation. It was...well, truly a once in a lifetime experience. I kept dozing off, but my folks kept waking me up at key parts. I remember Neil stepping out and heading down onto the Moon. Wowsers. :)

I can't believe I never reviewed this one. I liked it at first...then I wasn't sure. Maybe I was trying to make up my mind before I reviewed. At first it was love. The nuttiness was wonderful and I don't know why I was skeered of the nuts. It was similar to Vicars and Tarts and I do like that... BUT ...something got sickening sweet. Don't think it was the apricot because I recognized and liked that part...could be the fig but I suspect the freesia.

Will retry in the fall and hopefully come back with a more positive view because I want this label. Seems like one I will decide I like later!

Oh! :( I hope it comes around for you again! I just love slathering this one....I'd be willing to wager it's my slathering of LPs that s keeping my skin so soft...not body lotion LOL! I adore the nutty sweetness of this one :heart:

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! I've pretty much loved this from the moment I first tried it. When I first got it, way back when, it was very heavy on the pecan & apricot - no sign of freesia, which is awesome, 'cause that flower hates me with a passion - and it had a bit of a spicy edge to it, which I enjoyed immensely. It's a warm scent, but not one that makes me feel as though I'm wearing a too-hot sweater or something.

I pulled it out tonight because it's nice and crisp and cool outside. I just came in from a little bike-ride, and I wanted something that felt warm... It's kind of incredible how only a few month's aging has smoothed this little gem out. It's definitely on the sweet side, but where it was almost too sweet before, it's almost as though the sugary feel is simply being absorbed by the other ingredients. I think I love it even more now than when I first got it. If there were such a thing as pecan jam, I'd imagine it'd smell something like Wink at the Moon. There's an atmospheric quality to it now, that I didn't pick up on before. Whether that's because it's fall, and I always associate fall with baking smells, and a nice warm kitchen with the window cracked, I couldn't say. But I almost feel as if I should throw an apron on and bake a pie! LOL! Do some canning, maybe...

Anyway, I'm enjoying this scent thoroughly. :) It was a great pick for me, and I couldn't be happier that I got myself a full bottle.

Oooh Eggers! I saw your review and perked right up and knew what I had to wear today, lol.

I loved it from the start too, but now that you're saying how it's blended and settled a bit, I know I have to break it out today :D I fell in love with the sweet nuttiness and the initial burst of fruitiness settles within about a half an hour to an hour and then just becomes this delicious sweet, nutty delight :love: I have to break it out and see how it's transformed!

Great review!

So Eggers put me in the mood for this on Thursday :)

There's was one point when I had asked for an employee to print out a report for me and while I was there, out of the blue, he announced, "Focus. Must focus." I, of coursed, asked him if he was alright and he answered that he was distracted by the aroma of a McGriddle! :D

This on is just SO delish! And I don't mind that people think of McGriddles fondly when I'm near by :lol:

• 1 month later...

Mmmm this is good! I hope it's not sold out... Because I want a full bottle! It's delicious pecan pie and apricot jam with a hint of freesia. It's foody but not. A very warm, cuddly scent that I would enjoy on cool days.

out of the blue, he announced, "Focus. Must focus."

:smiley-laughing024: that is so funny.

Have you noticed this pattern - a lot of men seem to take ANY good scent and associate it with breakfast / maple syrup. I first noticed it with someone declaring that g&l v2 smelled like flowers (?!) drenched in maple syrup. Someone else recently said some guy said something totally not even foody smelled like maple syrup. I remember others saying pancakes, waffles, etc. Very interesting. I guess to those men, anything that smells good is breakfast, like the regional thing of calling all carbonated beverages "Coke"?

Edited by tyvey

Yes! I've gotten that with this, with Cheeky, Hungry Heart, Abby Normal's Dessicated Brains, Scotchies...I know there are others but I definitely see the pattern...they hone in on "something" they find foodie and pleasant and then it's Mc D's breakfast or IHOP or French toast at a buffet! :lol:

• 7 months later...

Has anyone smelled this next to Crayons: Blush? At least in the WatM trial vial (that I got from the trades) it smells very similar to me - yet they are radically different ingredients.

Edited by LoveStruck55

This is a different subject matter all together, but I just discovered that I had a second sample vial of W@M and IT smells more foody/nutty like I expected it to! The two sample vials smell different than each other - this is IN the vial, not on me. I just now did the smell test on two family members (granted, they are Y's, so there's not a whole lot of margin for error, but both boys said they smelled different) so at least I don't feel completely crazy.

I'm actually relieved that I found the second one - because I might not have gone for a bottle of W@M because I already have 2 bottles of Blush! LV the reason I started looking for W@M was because of your review of it a while back... I definitely get the buttery/nutty vibe now. Thanx to you and Halo for the quick response :heart: I never would have gone back through my samples in a panic and found the second one if you hadn't posted how they are nothing alike.

This is a different subject matter all together, but I just discovered that I had a second sample vial of W@M and IT smells more foody/nutty like I expected it to! The two sample vials smell different than each other - this is IN the vial, not on me. I just now did the smell test on two family members (granted, they are Y's, so there's not a whole lot of margin for error, but both boys said they smelled different) so at least I don't feel completely crazy.

I'm actually relieved that I found the second one - because I might not have gone for a bottle of W@M because I already have 2 bottles of Blush! LV the reason I started looking for W@M was because of your review of it a while back... I definitely get the buttery/nutty vibe now. Thanx to you and Halo for the quick response :heart: I never would have gone back through my samples in a panic and found the second one if you hadn't posted how they are nothing alike.

Thank God you have two samples to compare! God I hope I didn't send you the one that was bad. I know I had a sample that had water damage but it was still pretty nutty and buttery. Actually I think I might still have it.

Lol after reading this I tested again tonight. You are so right twin... This time it was all brown sugary and yummy. I think I need this... I'm thinking once the weather gets cooler, this would be such a great snugly scent.

Edited by hearts

Thank God you have two samples to compare! God I hope I didn't send you the one that was bad. I know I had a sample that had water damage but it was still pretty nutty and buttery. Actually I think I might still have it.

no ma'am you didn't...and I knew from your review that it wouldn't b on your trades , lol. You've gotten me into more trouble with your passionate (and quite colorful!) reviews! I read them and suddenly I "need" so many new LPs that I've never thought of before... and when your trade list gets updated I go crazy.

• 1 year later...

Alright,Mara, you little sneak! You've made a believer out of me..again! Freesia, always a death knell..that's practically my MO. So, how to explain the fact that this little gem of juicy happiness works for me? I've no idea, bit I'm ecstatic that it does!

Bright, happy apricots and figs with a warm sweetness, and a hint of sesame ~ which seamlessly combines with the toasty buttery pecan quality. This is a dress up/dress down scent, and wearable year 'round for me. Mara, you never cease to amaze.

• 2 months later...

Huh, I thought there was almond in this. Good; almond is scary.

This actually surprised me when I retested it. It's really very pretty and normally I like floral gourmands but this leans just a tinge too much on the foody side for me. Really nice though, if that's your sort of thing. The fruitiness really melds everything together.