I was told I smelled like Doe Urine :-(

Wearing PM, just a small swipe on each arm with a quick spritz of Honey Bunny Hydrating Water up and down each arm ...

Mr. C's friend was sniffing around literally because he smelled urine and stopped at me. It's both sad and comical at the same time.

Mr C agreed I did in fact, smell of urine. Not bad, but he suddenly wanted to go hunting.

I didn't care for the Honey Bunny anyways - hours and hours later I covered with Patchouli and Mr. C said I still smelled of doe urine. Said it was kind of hot but was laughing so I am left scratching my head.

Curious if PM has always smelled that way on me, if its just today ... or the Honey Bunny.

Odd. Funny. Had to share. Laughing out loud

Honey Bunny smells weird on me, too. I'm not sure if it's a urine kind of smell, but it's definitely an unattractive one, IMO. Having said that, my boyfriend freaking LOVES that scent, both on me, and on himself. So who knows what the hell is up with men's noses half the time? :lol:

Well I know Mr C's nose is broken because now he says I smell like lavender but the soap I used is an artisan I picked up that is scented with lime!

I don't think honey likes me. I just think its funny because I'm pretty sure it wasn't the PM and ... Mr C doesn't know I Phero so the whole time I started to panic a little!

Everyone smells things differently, and it can even vary day to day. My husband once thought he smelled cat piss and it turned out to be my Sexology (scented). I didn't wear it for a long time, then I wore it again and he thought it smelled good. I think that Bacchanalia straight from the vial reeks heavily of unneutered tom cat piss, but my husband thought it smelled really good. When it dries down, the urine smell goes away, but I can't get past the wet scent.

Some people are hypersensitive to the smell of androstenone and think it smells unpleasantly like BO or urine. It just smells vaguely, mildly musky to me.

Does this happen to be your time of the month, by chance? I love honey about 3 weeks out of the month, and the other week it is SO BAD. Definitely very uriney.

ETA- I can't grammar :/

Edited by mcreepers

Everyone smells things differently, and it can even vary day to day. My husband once thought he smelled cat piss and it turned out to be my Sexology (scented). I didn't wear it for a long time, then I wore it again and he thought it smelled good. I think that Bacchanalia straight from the vial reeks heavily of unneutered tom cat piss, but my husband thought it smelled really good. When it dries down, the urine smell goes away, but I can't get past the wet scent.

Some people are hypersensitive to the smell of androstenone and think it smells unpleasantly like BO or urine. It just smells vaguely, mildly musky to me.

Both my husband and myself had this reaction to Sexology. I find the honeyed scents smell very sexy to my nose, but I do get the pee thing. It's a sexy pee with the honey though LOL I can't wear most honey scents, but the ones I can wear I have to wear sparingly for this reason or it can tip the scales from sexy to catbox

Edited by Raq On

The strange thing about all this is that I have a whole arsenal of honey scents that never turn pissy: sugared honeycomb (which I wear everyday alone or with different scents), pherogirl, une, OCCO gold, OCCO SLF, and others.

Temp and humidity can also play a factor. I have Pouncing Potion, Phero Girl and Sugared Honeycomb (no Cops in SH) and I can say in humid weather Phero Girl turns intense ( I assume PP would too).

Also, I've noted that I'm not as sensitive to the honey smell as I once was, but others may pick it up right away. Like, for example, being the one who ate garlic for lunch

It may be a combo of multiple factors. Try a lighter hand in applying and use a dab of a bright fruity scent and see what feed back you get.

Edited by StacyK

ohh.. just occurred to me that you said he's a hunter so he just may have an association with certain scents. Scent is powerful even W/o Pheros. When something becomes ingrained mentally it is hard to get past.

You could really mess with him and wear something with Civet (sp?) in it. LOL

I know when I wore Torrid Sorcery to work everyone told me I smelled like cat pee.... So honey can do weird things on you

Honey Bunny & Torrid Sorcery smelled very similar on me. Honeyed Love Potion comes close to smelling like this on me, too.

Most other honey scents smell great on me, though. So I keep trying. But yeah, honeys can behave strangely.

Honey does have that biological type of smell. It can smell like urine, vaginal fluids, SEX, and can be construed as offensive in mixed company yet unbearably sexy behind closed doors in intimate situations. It's not the kind of thing that everyone can wear out and about during the day - it's very sensual. Personally, I cannot wear it during the day, it generally smells obscene on me. In a good way. I have fabulous sexual reactions from others when I wear it, at night, but I was not pleased to be propositioned by a cab driver when I tried wearing it outside during the day....he asked me if I wanted to pull the cab over and have sex with him...sooo, needless to say, I keep my honey scents for intimate occasions now. Some of the ladies here say that honey just smells powdery on their skin, on mine it smells like sex.

Sugared Honeycomb smells like powder *and* sex on me, kind of like I applied baby powder and then had great sex immediately after. I tend not to wear it during the day, too, though sometimes, if I'm staying at home, I do. This is one LP that I don't need to wear any pheros with to get BF going. The scent alone is enough to get him feeling frisky.

(Aside: In Mexico a cab driver once asked me if I wanted to pull over & have sex with him. WTF? I wanna know how often this approach works for them? Are women SO likely to say, "Hell yeah, Bubba!" that they continue using it? Or are they just mentally deficient and overly hopeful? :huh: ).

The cat pissy constituent of cat piss (and bobcat piss, and other kinds of piss) is 3-mercapto-3 methyl-1-butanol, a putative cat pheromone which is also used in the flavor and perfume industry.

On this page it is described as fruity at low doses, meaty and gravy at high doses: http://dir.perfumerflavorist.com/detail/ffmMaterial.html?mid=1237

It occurs naturally in meats, wines, coffee, passionfruits and other things we consume.

I'm trying to look up the chemical constituents of doe piss to see what the likely candidates are for co-ocurance in honey or perfume ingredients, but my library is totally lame and has apparently cut the Journal of Chemical Ecology, which is probably the journal I use the most. Very frustrating!

Honey does have that biological type of smell. It can smell like urine, vaginal fluids, SEX, and can be construed as offensive in mixed company yet unbearably sexy behind closed doors in intimate situations. It's not the kind of thing that everyone can wear out and about during the day - it's very sensual. Personally, I cannot wear it during the day, it generally smells obscene on me. In a good way. I have fabulous sexual reactions from others when I wear it, at night, but I was not pleased to be propositioned by a cab driver when I tried wearing it outside during the day....he asked me if I wanted to pull the cab over and have sex with him...sooo, needless to say, I keep my honey scents for intimate occasions now. Some of the ladies here say that honey just smells powdery on their skin, on mine it smells like sex.

THIS is the reason I wish I could wear honey scents! LOL The very first scent I ever smelled when my first order came was Phero girl and I thought it smelled like instant sex. I still love them in the vials, though they don't play well on my skin. Just the pee component comes out to my nose, not the sexy, pull this cab over component :-)

i have the dirty, sweaty type reaction on my skin to some honey scents. I also smell pee undertones from phero'd pashazade if my bif gets it on clothing, later in the day when the scent's faded a bit. I was really confused til i figured it out.

this is a very interesting thread :)

I have had people tell me that scented sexology smells urinal on me, even though I'm almost certain that's the civet. Shame, too, because I really like that smell.

Also, off topic, but when I was bush-whacking in upper New York, I fell onto a young white spruce tree. All those broken needles were sticking in my sweater, and for the rest of the day all my flatmates told me I smelled like cat p*ss.

I have had people tell me that scented sexology smells urinal on me, even though I'm almost certain that's the civet. Shame, too, because I really like that smell.

I'm starting to worry less and less about whether someone might think X or Y stinks, as long as I'm wearing an amount that stays mostly within my personal space. I don't mean if someone found a scent unpleasant I'd force them to smell it all day, but I'm not going to worry about wether a random person that may move in and out of my personal space might get a small whiff of something they consider unpleasant.

Also, off topic, but when I was bush-whacking in upper New York, I fell onto a young white spruce tree. All those broken needles were sticking in my sweater, and for the rest of the day all my flatmates told me I smelled like cat p*ss.

Yes, I've totally gotten cat piss smell from spruce. I know what you are talking about. I also get cat piss sometimes from freshly ground coffee beans (because coffee has the cat piss chemical I mentioned above), but damn, I love coffee.

[

Well I got the essence of cat piss when i just got home from being gone a week because Michael didn't do such a great job on the cat box and it sure as hell didn't smell like Honey Bunny I'll tell you that.

Bwahaha!!

I'm horrified that there are at least two cabbies in this world who just asked their clients if they wanted to have sex. WTF? That's the quickest way to end up at the business end of my pepper spray!

You all have me cracking up!! And yes, both the hubs and his friend are hunters and even went back and forth over whether or not it was Doe Urine or might it be best to take me elk hunting and so on.

Advice taken - honey is for the honey :-) for the remainder of the week, I'm sticking to florals! I'll save my foodie LP's for the next week when I crave comfort food!