Candytuft Tea

Beccah

AD-CandytuftTea_1.jpg

Candytuft Tea

A brew refreshing, reviving and rewarding! There's nothing like sweet tea in the summertime, a tall glass will cool off anyone who's feeling wilted and one can achieve the same effect with our fresh fragrance: featuring a heart of sweet-scented candytuft flower, a plant used for medicinal purposes and symbolic of good health and joy, along with tea rose and white willow, accented with light honey and spearmint and clove bud EOs over a mixture of lemony green and black teas sweetened with white sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CANDYTUFT FLOWER ~ Health, giddiness and joy.
TEA ROSE ~ Memory, remembrance, renewal, hope, peace, higher virtues.
GREEN AND BLACK TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
CLOVE BUD ~ Money
attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
SPEARMINT ~
Stimulates, energizes and uplifts. Love, purification, healing, psychism, creativity. Protects the home.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing,
wishes granted.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
WILLOW ~ Healing, wishes, protection, divination. Feminine energy, inspiration, fertility.

Here's the flower:

Candytuft-Mix.jpg

It looked like the ones in her hair, that's why I used that pic.

Fresh clove bud EO is very fresh and lovely, it's not like dried christmas cloves AT ALL. It just adds to the tea quality, makes the mix more lush. I doubt you will be able to pick it out, it blends into the feel of the tea.

This one really surprised me! It is indeed soft and lovely! It's like a delicate satin cozy comfy pillow of sorts. Very feminine and dainty!

It started off very creamy and sweet, but not overly sweet.. more like a sheer sweet. A creamy kind of sweet. Like Tasty Tease in a way but more purpley-pink.. a tinge of mauve perhaps. In the middle I started to amp the tea rose, for a little bit, and I thought it was going to give me a headache because I am about to bleed savagely- but it did not at all! The tea rose stayed nice and sweet, it stayed perfect and dainty just like this sweet scent! I really like this. It's almost like a baby to me. A baby wrapped in silk and rose petals. Very nice! It's powdery and I has staying power. I like this!!!! I feel like this is a shy, come here you sweet thing, scent.

This one really surprised me! It is indeed soft and lovely! It's like a delicate satin cozy comfy pillow of sorts. Very feminine and dainty!

It started off very creamy and sweet, but not overly sweet.. more like a sheer sweet. A creamy kind of sweet. Like Tasty Tease in a way but more purpley-pink.. a tinge of mauve perhaps. In the middle I started to amp the tea rose, for a little bit, and I thought it was going to give me a headache because I am about to bleed savagely- but it did not at all! The tea rose stayed nice and sweet, it stayed perfect and dainty just like this sweet scent! I really like this. It's almost like a baby to me. A baby wrapped in silk and rose petals. Very nice! It's powdery and I has staying power. I like this!!!! I feel like this is a shy, come here you sweet thing, scent.

Glad to hear the Rose is not too brutal..and given your current sensitivity too. I can't often handle Rose at all, I can come down with symptoms from a rash on my skin (sensitive areas like face, neck chest) to or including a pounding headache... Hope it's subtle on me... I otherwise love your description.

The tea in this is more like an undertone, sort of a clean aura underneath the other notes. The candytuft flower is at the center of it, and it does have somewhat of a creamy feel like LV noted. To me this is sort of sweet-creamy-perfumey in the way it wears; it's cute in its way but it has a level of sophistication to it beyond that consideration...like wearing a bright girly t-shirt with a tailored linen suit.

This is one of my surprise favorites this month. I get very soft creamy pink from this. The candytuft by no means screams floral in this to me; rather it is a soft pink heart. I also get the balancing tea and clove, however they are very light on me and work more to round out the pillowy creamy pinkness.

This is soft and sensual. Very balanced and well rounded.

I enjoyed wearing this one this afternoon but also see myself wearing this one to relax/to bed. It really nicely combines both a sensual as well as relaxing vibe for me. Will be definitely ordering a FB, I see myself getting a lot of use out of this and enjoying in different settings.

Total win!

Ooohh, this is a really dainty, cute, and elegant scent all at the same time. The flowers are a little creamy and sweet; I'm not getting any pungent roses at all. The spearmint and tea accords really gives it an uplifting freshness, while the flowers, honey and sugar make it really cute, pink and sweet. Adorable and ditzy, would pair well with a phero heavy on the alpha-nol, maybe with est...oh, LACE!

I'm a bit intoxicated, and tired so I can't vouch for my impressions, but I really like this. Love the tea, love the mint, love the honey.. the rose isn't overpowering...will definitely wear this again.

I have to admit I was leery of the clove bud here, but this doesn't scream CLOVE at all. It's like a light, sweet, slightly fruity tea; the green and black tea notes are not in-your-face bitter, they just balance the sweetness. I have no idea what candytuft flower smells like in real life but at least here it seems like a lovely soft, sweet floral. I also like how the lemon make this a bit tangy to offset the sweeter aspects. I can detect a hint of clove but it's more of an accent than anything else; in fact it makes this scent remind me of Necco wafers and if I'm not mistaken there is clove in those!

I love this one. The tea is very slight. The main note to me is the clove. Next there are the florals. I love spicy florals. Because of the clove it almost reminds me of carnations which I love. I expected to dislike this one as I don't do rose at all in perfume but I actualy wore it two days in a row which is saying a lot during the days after I get my sampler.

This is completely foreign and familiar all at the same time! It's floral...but it's sweet...but it's tea too. Even hubby inquired what I had on because it is so unique and different...believe me, it's something to take note of whenever he gives recognition :D Especially when he pushes me away, looks at me befuddled, and then pulls me back in for another whiff and nuzzle :lol: I've had this on all day and right now all that's left is a sweet soft floral with barely a hint of tea in the waaaaay background. I like this one a lot. Wasn't even sure what to expect really and wouldn't you just know, it's VERY nice :Emoticons0424:

• 2 weeks later...

I love this scent! It reminds me of my childhood of going to the candy store for some reason. I'm not a big fan of clove, but it's not overpowering. Had to get a fb of this!

• 2 weeks later...

I dabbed this on my top one day, it's very sweet, but later there's something muskier underneath. It's hard to do reviews on fabric, but i really enjoyed it, i kept thinking how nice it was through my day, though my eldest really didn't like it at all.

I love that I can smell the tea...I am amazed at the scents that are so complimentary for fragrances. I just love that I found LP...I know - we all are! Candytuft Tea is so light and lovely and - as with all LPs - so unique :heart708:

I lived and grew up in the Venice, Santa Monica area of LA. My friends I and often went to the "Tudor House" for English lunch..sometimes afternoon tea. This was a casual tea room and English Market, not the super fancy high tea stuff.. [FYI parts of Santa Monica were once called little England because of the large Brit population. The Tudor House and the Kings Head pub were in close proximity and there were other (Real) Brit places as well.] Anyway..

This scent is so wonderful.. light, clean, floral'ish & tea! Not 'Supergirly Flower' or formal. This fresh scent with a hit of tea... It's brilliant! I was taken back to my warm, casual lunches and tea with friends back in CA, near the beach.. sigh.

I wish I had this scent then. How great would that have been. :D

This is the SUPRISE Hit for me from the June Bunch.

Yes.. I agree with NuTrix very unique.

Edited by StacyK

Now that I have given this a full try, I wanted to give it a proper review....

I get soft pink laying on a bed of cream. It started off very pink but a soft delicate sort of pink that feels like it just got plucked into being the color pink. After about 10 minutes I get the tea rose and it adds a bit of sweetness to this blend. I love how this is such a soft and delicate fragrence, that allows every note to stay in check.

^^ Do you get any tea? I get a sheer tea scent along with the light soft "nude floral".

This and Sweet Chic are my surprise favs of the June scents. ( excluding Ambrosia & BCP of course, those were not a surprise)

^^ Do you get any tea? I get a sheer tea scent along with the light soft "nude floral".

This and Sweet Chic are my surprise favs of the June scents. ( excluding Ambrosia & BCP of course, those were not a surprise)

I don't really get tea per say. I get the feeling of Rosé with a small hint of tea, but it comes and goes so quickly that its like a tea dipped in Rose. Not sure if this makes sense. But the feel is more of a light rose

I get a very sheer floral with a touch of tea. I don't get Rosé per-say. I really like it. :)

Now that I have given this a full try, I wanted to give it a proper review....

I get soft pink laying on a bed of cream. It started off very pink but a soft delicate sort of pink that feels like it just got plucked into being the color pink. After about 10 minutes I get the tea rose and it adds a bit of sweetness to this blend. I love how this is such a soft and delicate fragrence, that allows every note to stay in check.

REALLY?! My chemistry pushes the tea and floral notes forward. I don't know for certain what candytuft smells like and I don't really get rose at all...but tea, beautiful light sheer tea, lightly sweetened with sugar and honey with flower petals floating on top.... :heart:

I get a sheer tea scent along with the light soft "nude floral".

Yes! That's a great description! At least my chemistry agrees :heart708:

I wore this a bit again last night and the Rose smell that I'm getting from this is a very light whiff of Rose, maybe its the floral but my brain is registering light and sheer rose...The scent of tea peaked in an out again last night but never really stayed.

It's so weird how all of our chemistry's make this scent and every scent different...

Yes! And not only THAT, but what it smells like to me and what my hubby and others will pick out is crazy too on occasion...LPs are SO much fun...they're like mini adventures.... :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

NOTE TO SELF FOR THE XILLIONTH TIME: DO NOT SNAP JUDGE.

Vial: swimming pool :(

Wet: an air freshener I do not like :(

Still sort of wet: hmm, now this is interesting... a very clean bright juicy floral... I am intrigued...

Dry: DADDY, ASK THE MAN FOR SOME CANDY

DRYDOWN AND EVER AFTER: OH DEAR SWEET LORD WHAT IS THIS DELICIOUS PINK FLOWER CANDY THAT FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE I GO AND HOW DO I LIVE IN IT FOREVER?

Uh-huh. It's like that! Pretty darn awesome isn't it? A completely unexpected favorite!

NOTE TO SELF FOR THE XILLIONTH TIME: DO NOT SNAP JUDGE.

Vial: swimming pool :(

Wet: an air freshener I do not like :(

Still sort of wet: hmm, now this is interesting... a very clean bright juicy floral... I am intrigued...

Dry: DADDY, ASK THE MAN FOR SOME CANDY

DRYDOWN AND EVER AFTER: OH DEAR SWEET LORD WHAT IS THIS DELICIOUS PINK FLOWER CANDY THAT FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE I GO AND HOW DO I LIVE IN IT FOREVER?

I love your review...holy crapballs, I'm grabbing my vial when I get home from work and applying some to me...

• 1 year later...

I don't know if there is much to add about this scent other than to say I fumbled my vial onto my linen couch and pillows, and wasn't even upset because it smelled so lovely. I only regret having to break out the alcohol to remove the oil stain. If it had been another fabric, I would have let the oil soak and sniff away happily while lounging. It's a clean and sweet and perfectly balanced tea/sugar/floral scent.

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, this one is delicate and lovely. I definitely smell the tea, but it's not strong or bitter at all. Just there, in the background.

I may have put too much on...my neighbour said it envelops you and smells warm and comforting and nice...but later she said it was overpowering...but she was drunk so I don't know. It didn't smell strong to me at all. But maybe I was used to it by that point?

Well anyway, I might need a full bottle of this one. I really like it. Maybe I'll try it out one more time before I take the plunge.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Speaking of Sneaky Pink... I broke out with this today. So lovely. I keep sniffing my arms. Unfortunately, the bugs also adore it! I wasn't outside for more than 15 minutes & got bitten up! I'll have to wear this in a bug free zone.

• 3 months later...

This is surprising. Not one thorn from the rose. This is our friend, Dusan Salter's Irish home at tea time. She makes a beautiful black herbal tea with her own honey. We sip it in her garden where a beautiful white rose drapes over an arch and fragrant herbs and flowers spill over the clay pots. If I close my eyes and take a whiff, I'm right there with her. This is beautiful.

• 3 years later...