Ilori

Beccah

AD-ilori_1.jpg

NIGERIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AFRICAN VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
MADAGASCAR KATRAFAY EO ~ Fortifying, for aiding and restoring of physical strength.
SALT & FRESH WATER ACCORDS ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.
LEAFY GREENS ~ Renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

This on me is a very clean fresh scent. It reminds me a little bit of a more tame, male version if Cocoamama Wet it's almost creamy and fresh. The thing that I like about this is it has this calming and comforting effect on me. It's very very soothing. As it dries down a bit something gets a bit sharp and like it wants to poke me, which I am thinking might be the violet, and it get s a bit earthy like when you are camping and it rains. Some people might enjoy that. I hate camping and I hate the rain, but I like being in a cabin and coming outside to sit on the porch in warm clothes and smell the rain. So this happens for a brief time then it settles into a nice clean and fresh smell. Men listen carefully. You need to buy this if you are in a relationship with a woman that has PMS., you know buy this even if she doesn't have PMS because honestly this is so soothing to me right now and if I didn't have this on I might be in jail right now, because people need to die when I have PMS. I feel very secure in my bloatedness and like everything is going to be okay. This might be a good combo with balm bomb for me.

Good Job Le Wiz. You saved the Lady from doing time in the big house.

:thumb_up11:

I get LV's comparison to Cocomama (which always struck me as a unisex scent), it has a similar sort of humid spicy green quality. It also sort of reminds me of Northshore but without the floral aspect. It's the kind of "summery" green scent which is perfect for a guy. The only thing for me is that the watery green part is stronger than the wood notes and I was hoping they might come out eventually, I guess I was hoping for a tropic version of FROG, which is my favorite combination of wet, green and wood.

This on me is a very clean fresh scent. It reminds me a little bit of a more tame, male version if Cocoamama Wet it's almost creamy and fresh. The thing that I like about this is it has this calming and comforting effect on me. It's very very soothing. As it dries down a bit something gets a bit sharp and like it wants to poke me, which I am thinking might be the violet, and it get s a bit earthy like when you are camping and it rains. Some people might enjoy that. I hate camping and I hate the rain, but I like being in a cabin and coming outside to sit on the porch in warm clothes and smell the rain. So this happens for a brief time then it settles into a nice clean and fresh smell. Men listen carefully. You need to buy this if you are in a relationship with a woman that has PMS., you know buy this even if she doesn't have PMS because honestly this is so soothing to me right now and if I didn't have this on I might be in jail right now, because people need to die when I have PMS. I feel very secure in my bloatedness and like everything is going to be okay. This might be a good combo with balm bomb for me.

I was hoping for green w/ woods and a soft fuzzy violet. Almost mossy so it would be good for M & F. I think some greens can get sharp and pokey on my nose. I have been going through a process of sorting the greeny scents I like vs ones I don't. Trying to find the culprit so too speak. I ordered this in spray as a gift for a man and I get my try when the NR set arrives..

I don't really get any violet from this at all. It gets a little more earthy in the drydown from the katrafay, I'm assuming.

I don't really get any violet from this at all. It gets a little more earthy in the drydown from the katrafay, I'm assuming.

well I do like green scents often enough.. It should be worth the try and that DAMN label...love it. :-) It will be interesting to see who HERE finds it a good match. Edited by StacyK

Thanks for this comparison. I really like Cocoamama. I am just a little bit afraid of the "water accords" in this. Marine scents I don't particularly care for.

What a clean, fresh scent!! While it smells very green in the vial, on my skin, I only get a smidge, just enough to suggest freshness but doesn't smell overly plant like. The musk is sheer, lightly soapy on me. Just a hint of wood in the background. There's something in the middle. It's mildly sweet. It might be the violet, might be the Katrafay EO, not sure. This leans a bit more masculine on me than I typically like, but it's growing on me! Great job, Le Wiz!!!!

I'm thinking maiea will like it, maybe QG.

It's really easy to tell what I'm going to like isn't it? lol. Am I the only one who goes crazy for greeny/watery scents, but not over the sweet foody ones?

Not the only one I imagine, but one of the declared. :lol: After a while one learns to predict what others will like.

Ok yeah, maiea will definitely love this one :::: )

Actually, I love it too. It doesn't have that sweetness that amphitrite did, so it makes it even less perfumy/girly and more fresh!!

YES!!! Still waiting for my package. lol. Amphitrite didn't astound me because I found it a bit too "something else in there" for me. I love the light fresh scents.

Yessss, this one really is light and fresh. The greeniness is not that "sweet" grassy/hay kind of scent, but really just...green, like chlorophyll. I'm picky about water accords, but LPMP really picks a gentle one each time. Not that chemically, cologne scent I've learned to abhor. This is definitely a full bottle for me.

Yessss, this one really is light and fresh. The greeniness is not that "sweet" grassy/hay kind of scent, but really just...green, like chlorophyll. I'm picky about water accords, but LPMP really picks a gentle one each time. Not that chemically, cologne scent I've learned to abhor. This is definitely a full bottle for me.

YES. I love the watery LPMP scents! A lot of other perfumes that do water... the water turns all weird on me, not the LPMP ones! They smell watery and stay that way! I'm afraid I'll love this too. lol. I just got FB's of Nymph and Temperance (both fresh greeny/watery scents).

I own a bottle of Temperance as well, though I associate that one more with air rather than water...it's my absolutely favorite de-stressing scent, and best one to wear after shower, when I just want to smell fresh, and nothing more.

I have a sample of Nymph, but I'm afraid I like Ilori better. Nymph has a note in it that makes me think "milky" weirdly, and I just can't get over that milkiness.

Just goes to show how perfumes differ on everyone. No milkiness at all for me for Nymph. Temperance.. I have NO idea what but there is something in it that triggers something in my brain from when I was a kid. And yep, Temperance is definitely the "just out of the shower and smelling fresh scent"! Can't wait to try Ilori!

• 2 weeks later...

BF will definitely be getting a full bottle of this! WOW! When I opened my samples, I passed him Ilori, and said that it was for him to sniff, so he dropped his game controller, (Mara, Le Wiz, I need you two to teach me how to do that someday! He won't drop that damned controller for anything! But wave an LP vial under his nose and tell him it's for him, and he drops the thing like it's a hot potato! :lol: )

He loved it. His eyebrows shot WAY UP. And then he passed the vial to me, with the lid not yet fastened, (which in BF Speak means he likes it, & wants to know if I do, too). So I sniffed. Capped it, and immediately added it to his FB list.

It's gorgeous! And I have to admit that it's the kind of scent I might want to steal away from him every now and again - for snuggly nights, watching movies & that type of thing. Plus, you know, there are those ring-tailed lemurs on the label, and everyone knows that cute animals make everything smell better in my estimation. Seriously though, Ilori is wonderful. It's got a beautiful, almost sheer quality to it that makes me think of cool, clear water running through a creek bed. It evokes green and water without actually smelling like green stuff and water. Amazing. Instant love! :wub:

It is, isn't it? It's just gorgeous. You can imagine how pleased I am that BF loved it right off the hop, too! I think he really likes these types of soft, clean-smelling fragrances. He'll essentially wear whatever I tell him I think smells good, (with the exception of LP Homme, which I love, and he thinks smells too girly :huh: ). But I think this kind of scent is what he prefers.

I like it on both men and myself. I cautiously dabbed some on wrists and neck. A bit later it was a fresh, green scent. A little watery with something green or maybe floral giving it a dash of depth.

I have boobs and hips so I don't worry about being taken for a man

Also, a dab of OCCo blue is nice with it.

On me it smells fresh and cleanish. Not manly.

On men it smells a bit more musky, a male'ish woody scent.

It will be interesting to see who HERE finds it a good match.

I'm thinking maiea will like it, maybe QG.

Luna's intuition and nose come through again!

Yes I do like this scent. I think Luna's interpretation of this scent is about the same as mine - the water and the greens come through the strongest. I was looking for the solid wood notes in the background but they did not come through on my skin. At the same time neither did the violet so if you are a guy worried about smelling floral or feminine - that did not come through at all on me. But if you are a guy reading this and this is one of the first reviews you have ever read, Mara is very good at blending in any florals or making them deep enough that you do not come across as feminine. I did not get a hint of the earth like Luna did - this was all water and green on me.

Edited by quietguy

I agree, green, water, outdoorsy and there is a depth to it that I think is from the violet and wood. But it is not by description a floral.

The men's cologne sold in say Macy's is by far more floral and all white or " blue" musk. I say for a man there is far less to fear along those lines. Both my BF ( who generally skips men's fragrance altogether heh heh) and my 17 year old son who I have had to ban from using Axe ( aka Raid) like it.

my 17 year old son who I have had to ban from using Axe ( aka Raid)

Ain't that the truth ... I thought I would gag when i went to visit the Middle School a couple years back. When I commented to the teachers they were like "Oh yeah ..."

^^ Lol

Middle School is where it starts. I remember coming home one day and saying " ok, who's been spraying bug spray ( talk about scent memory.. I was thinking "Raid". Then I remembered I don't buy bug spray. lol. my son was in 7th grade i think. He looks at me and says " yea.. I don't really like that one," unfortunately he liked the others..

Edited by StacyK

lala .. ugg! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.

I hope he doesn't favor the "Raid" scented one.

The stuff literally gives me a headache.

Finally get to test this out tonight!

Green and fresh and salty water is what I get. This is definitely a unisex (or I could see this being a men's cologne type) scent. Love it! I like how light and fresh it is, with a bit of that "greeny bite" (I'm comparing of course to my Snake PE, where it's all green and watery but a soft, not sharp green).

I have been a bad girl. I have this and it's still sitting in the bottle...lonely.

I have not had the gumption to wear it and was thinking of making it into a spray for hubby but I will have to take the plunge and just put it on. The way you all are making it sound is just too good.

In the bottle it is a not me scent...but I've thought that about other LPs and been both right and very wrong... This one just seemed more masculine but I DO adore the idea of green, outdoors & water...grew up on all that and would love a scent that would allow me to revisit those fond memories.

Since so many of you are saying what a clean scent it seems to be, I will wear it after my shower tonight and see how things develop....thanks for the nudge all!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Update! Ok...so pulled up my britches and donned Ilori last evening before heading home from work.

In the bottle - it's not girly that's for sure....but not at manly as I remembered.

When I first applied I got GREEN and water...very GREEN and a hint of something?....like dirt. I don't mean dirt in a bad way, I'm a gardener, lol. I guess what some are referring to as earth? Rich and healthy and full of life. THAT was a huge surprise but it was kind of hiding behind the GREEN.

After it settled down it was actually a very nice clean neutral scent. One that would be nice after a shower. And now, 12 hours later it's this clean green scent (not quite like grass....I can't even think of another way to describe it other than green) with a hint of muskiness on my skin.

:Blusher: I'm SO embarrassed. This is the only one in the set that I had crinkled my nose to and set aside and here it's completely surprised me. It evokes memories of a glorious time in my childhood when we had rented a home on farm property (we moved often when I was growing up so I had quite a diverse childhood). The whole picturesque barn and giant weeping willow at the end of the lane that served for a driveway and huge reaching oaks on the front lawn with the creek flowing through the property...memories of all the times I spent chasing minnows and lying under the shade of the trees in the tall green grass - smelling the grass and the earth and the leaves....Yeah. It's like that...cried a little....good stuff here, Mara, good stuff...

Edited by NuTrix

• 10 months later...

This is SUCH a great scent. I'm sure I would love it on my SO and I will love wearing it. I wish it was in a wax melt too for that matter. I would love having my house smell like Ilori for a day. The musk and woods are tempered perfectly with the aquatic/floral. Le Wizard is really REALLY good at these unisex scents. I'm starting to actually look for his creations in the perfumerie as I'm pretty darn sure I will love them. I imagine this would be an awesome one to pair with a number of UNs... I'd love to know which ones the vets have boosted Ilori with and their experiences wearing it.

Edited by LoveStruck55