Summer Dance

Beccah

AD-SummerDance_1.jpg

Summer Dance

During a late night or lazy afternoon, when there's only the two of you, dancing to music from somewhere far off, but still loud enough to lead you, it is the best time to learn how to move as one, in drowsy heat and elegant clothes just beginning to stick from your shared humidity…the swing of studied steps becomes the sway of a prolonged embrace, and he leans in to whisper a melody against your skin, and you shiver…it could go on like this forever, the moment in which you dance and no one is watching. A summer-sheer resinous veil like a gauzy dress which clings to your body…white musk softened with powdered sugar then adorned with hints of Indian oud and red musk, Nepalese amber, and the exotica of an Indian mixed-floral attar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
NEPALESE AMBER ~ ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
INDIAN RED MUSK ~
Self-confidence
and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
INDIAN OUD ~ Love,
aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
INDIAN FLORAL ATTAR ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.

This must be the one I was guessing about..all cotton and powdery clean. Sounds nice.

Edited by StacyK

White musk, powdered sugar, amber... it's like a siren's song, calling to me! I love red musk, but haven't had a good red musk perfume for a while... Can't wait to try this one!

Wow, not what I expected from the label (I guessed green/fresh) :) sounds greaaat.

We tried desperately to find a label pic with a girl in a long skirt dancing with henna on her feet but neither Mara nor I could find one. And we both found and liked the pic that ended up being used independently of each other. LOL

I'm going to say clean and a little powdery, with a bit of floral and I'm thinking the red musk is a warm summer breeze. Like wearing a white cotton dress outside in the summer ... maybe

As one would expect this is gauzy and the other notes make it a tad exotic...it's like if the woman on the label passed you by on the street on a summer day and you caught a whiff of her perfume. It reminds me of Spider Silk but it's got more body to it, more presence, while still being soft and silky. The other deeper notes keep the white musk in check. keep it from going too sharp. People who enjoy powdery-sheer scents will like this one, I think.

I was hesitant when I saw this contained red musk, attar, and oud. While I love the smell of it, it's just too much for my skin. But I am a sucker for white musk. I'm glad I tried it. Despite those notes, which I associate with deep resinous scents, it's actually quite light, and like Luna said, very gauzy. The musk is almost creamy. Both it and the powdered sugar make this light and dreamy, and the other notes add a sense of mystery. I like this a lot! A dark horse!

oh mah gawd!! I love this one!! Of course, I'm PMSing, so I'll try it again a week or so to make sure... but it's so pretty! A dainty, summery floral that doesn't go all little girly.

^^ I know I will too. Win!!

BB.. me too! the oud gave me pause.. thanks to you and Molls I now know I'll love it. Just have to wait ....

Edited by StacyK

I'm starting to appreciate musks more, so I may have to order a sample of this.

I was confused by all the different musks, so I found this helpful article online.

I'm putting it here in case any noobie like me is scratching their head about "red musk" vs "white musk."

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2010/03/musk-series-many-permutations-of-musk.html

On first application, this is very powdery on me, almost baby powder. It goes away quickly, and becomes this sheer, sultry, slightly exotic musk that I can't stop sniffing! It does wear extremely light on me, I wonder too if this would be great in a spray. I will give this more testing, but I am definitely considering a fb purchase......... :)

Edited by SpriteLeigh

^^ I'm dying to get my hands on this one. Hope my order ships soon. Tough to be back East sometimes ;-)

This is beautiful, so sheer and powdery! The amber I think is reminding me a bit of Blood on Snow. This would be great in a spray, or even diluted further into a body spritz.

*swoons at the thought of whole body bathed in this gloriousness!* :in-love:

I'm putting it here in case any noobie like me is scratching their head about "red musk" vs "white musk."

http://perfumeshrine...ns-of-musk.html

Thanks lala, from one noob to another :)

This one is super light and powdery clean floral on me. I would LOVE this as a body spritz and it would be great right out of the shower. This is a great summer scent, it feels very feminine and it's so barely there. I like this one A LOT :heart708:

^^ Good article .. " International Fragrances & Flavors" damn.... My father about 10 years ago.. said this was a stock to buy. He had an excellent knack for picking them.. and finding good sources to listen too. Too bad no one ultimately ended up jumping on that.. Just the popularity surge of Yankee candle alone drove that up.. not to mention all the other fragrance trends and flavored coffees ect ect

Would'a, could've and should've. alas...

Back to perfume..

This is sooo funny, because this is now getting better reviews that EN...

I can't wait to try them ALL at this point. :-)

Edited by StacyK

This reminds me of spider silk a lot! Wet it was almost a bit spicy like black pepper. Someone said it smelled like green peppers. Fuckers.

Then as it dries down it's very sheer. The black pepper goes away and it becomes something totally different. I still don't know what it's supposed to smell like. I have to restest .

Wow! I'm surprised how my experience differs from everyone here! It reminds me more of Medium, or Bravado.. but lighter. Ok, a Light Medium if you will... it's VERY much a musk/oud/amber scent, which honestly took HOURS to bloom on my skin. I've never had such a delayed sillage - but it was amaaaaazing!

Wow! I'm surprised how my experience differs from everyone here! It reminds me more of Medium, or Bravado.. but lighter. Ok, a Light Medium if you will... it's VERY much a musk/oud/amber scent, which honestly took HOURS to bloom on my skin. I've never had such a delayed sillage - but it was amaaaaazing!

I love Medium and Bravado! I'm going to have to give this another try; I didn't initially get this experience and would love to. Once I get back home, I will do so (have only been home less than 24 hours since the 9th! )

I did not like this at all. I had to run and wash it off. The musk in this was cheese grating my third eye. It's crazy because the musk the day before I tried it was okay, it was soft, then the next day I tried it ~ it went all Rambo on me and it gave me a bad headache.

It has to be the musk. I wish my skin would grow up already.

On me this is very nice light summer musk. Sweet. Also more of a skin type scent. I can't pick out the oud or attar.

I think the picture on the bottle does a great job of evocating the scent to come-- very much I get a light summery guazy musk.

If you like lighter and sweeter musks I think you will like this.

Hmm... I actually don't mind this one. It reminds me very slightly of a lighter Spark in the Dark. It has the same feel/mood. :o I'm shocked. I saw the Oud in the ingredient list & thought, "nope, not for me". But it's kinda workin' for me. :)

It's the same philosophy, concept-wise, as Spark in the Dark, but to me it smells somewhat more like Spider Silk.

This wears on me just like Spider Silk and its quite refreshing and wonderful on. I like how the musk in this wears really closely to the skin and just really makes this perfume fall under the classic / swanky category.... I love how the dry down gives me a wisp of floral, its really just amazing

• 5 months later...

Wow, I was expecting this to smell like cheese cloth and dust for some reason but its really a warm skin scent, no one wouldve guessed it was a perfume :o

First on i got slapped with sugar and musk and it did get a weird unscented cream thing going on which i think can be blamed at my half hearted "shaking" so moving oooon----It actually smelt very "white" in the beginning but now its reading more "red" to me, like it was innocent but it was just a ruse to get you to come play. The floral actually smells more like a variety of roses but its so faint that it doesnt take over but mingles with the amber and kicking it up a notch by making it more smoother. I think its the oud that made it turn to the darker side....Wow im still picking up that unscented cream smell from afar, kinda wafts around making it weird :wacko:

Well, at least it smells seductive up close :lol: Cant figure out if its my lack of shaking it or theres something in this that doesnt like me..?

Its pretty sweet for a musk scent, im totes in love if it werent for that strange cream action going on

• 4 months later...

Beautiful scent. I have been looking for some light fragrances for the summer and this one will be perfect. As mentioned the picture on the label is spot on. A wonderful light floral musk. It is blended so well and feels so airy. I am definitely happy with this one

This is one I don't break out often but also one of the few florals I've kept because I just love it! It was my first taste of oud and I love all the musks in it and that hint of sweetness...

• 3 months later...

I am glad I saw this on the sale list. I would have been really bummed if I would have missed the chance to get more. I think the way it has been described as "gauzy" says it all. Beautiful light floral that you just catch a hint of all day long. A great one for those who think florals are too much.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I layered this with Fascination Potion twice this week for salsa dancing.
These two enhance one another in a very interesting way.
They both have a bit of animalic qualities, with the musk, and both have a powdered sugar base.

The Potion sweetens Summer Dance's musky base up, the florals in both rhyme beautifully.

I felt very sensual and feminine, and the beautiful sexy guys I dance with were definitely drawn in for the scent, and possibly the cops from FP.
Summer Dance makes me want to wear lipstick, make sure my toenails are painted, and wear that little black crop-top.
summery and light, and very sensual and playful at the same time.