Veloute Lavande

Beccah

AD-VelvetyLavender_1.jpg

Veloute Lavande

Lavender can add a wonderfully soothing element to any fragrance and we've created a blend as comforting as a beloved blanket for when you need to relax. A sweetened baby powder accord and vanilla musk base kissed with just a hint of jasmine to provide a fluffy feel and deepened with a drop of black amber is then layered with half a dozen lovely lavender oils from around the world and topped with water lily…beautifully soft and powdery, fans of our Cuddle Bunny blend will long to snuggle with this velvety variety!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
JASMINE ~
Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing,
wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beccah is the LP elf in charge of setting up the review threads, so she gets these ready to go for when people do recieve them.

The label wasn't calling my name, but these notes certainly are!! When i see lavender and musk together, my mind goes right for Halo's Lavender Musk, so that made this an automatic sample. Then throw in the oakmoss and vanilla? Can't wait!

Thanks BB. I was getting amped.. thought we'd get live feedback. This one looks good. can't wait to get all girly with it, maybe some Lace or LFM maybe CB. Thanks Beccah!

Edited by StacyK

I would go FB unsniffed based on that but maybe I will want to boost with something?! I'll sample first!

I'll, boast my second bottle. lol

I'm waiting on my Black Panther too ;-)

Oakmoss screams SS4W to me. It has that.. DAYUMMM BITCH YOU SEXY LET ME GET A WHIFF

Ha ha ha ha heh heh heh ha!!!!! I love it too.

Edited by StacyK

Out of all of the samples in the monthly trial pack, & out out of the vial, this one is a surprise favorite. I hope it smells as good on me as it does in the vial. The lavender is prominent, without coming off as a bath & body type scent. Very well done.

This is a total synergy of lavender and oakmoss. I don't usually like oakmoss, but here it works perfectly with the lavender. This is a lovely warm scent that I picture wearing to an intimate outdoor evening dinner with tiki lights and square-jawed waiters in white jackets. I'll have the grilled fresh snapper, my date will only toy with his plate, preferring to watch me. Dessert will be chocolate mousse, of course, followed by tropical drinks at his place. He will forever associate this magical night with the scent of lavender and oakmoss on my skin.

This is a total synergy of lavender and oakmoss. I don't usually like oakmoss, but here it works perfectly with the lavender. This is a lovely warm scent that I picture wearing to an intimate outdoor evening dinner with tiki lights and square-jawed waiters in white jackets. I'll have the grilled fresh snapper, my date will only toy with his plate, preferring to watch me. Dessert will be chocolate mousse, of course, followed by tropical drinks at his place. He will forever associate this magical night with the scent of lavender and oakmoss on my skin.

I do love lavender ( more French style sort of a herbish foody or velvety musk) and I love me some Sexay oakmoss! SO i'm delighted to hear this review. This is a can't wait scent...

Oh YAY! 'Cause I went and did a custom add-in on mine... not my usual M.O.!

What Phero did you add? I love to know what pheros people like to match to the scent.

An add-on update to my earlier review. It's now been an hour since initial application, and the lighter florals/notes have made their appearance. Have no fear, the lavender and oakmoss are still around! There's just a third dimension to the scent now, showing more of its lighter, feminine side.

I absolutely adore this scent.

Katz -- inquiring minds want to know! Which phero did you use??

Edited by Just Ducky

Oh YAY! 'Cause I went and did a custom add-in on mine... not my usual M.O.!

Oh please tell us which pheromone you boosted this with???? I'm imagining: a. LFM, b. Lace, or c. SS4W???

Amazing review, Ducky!!!!!! Is this a sheer scent or heavier?

Oh please tell us which pheromone you boosted this with???? I'm imagining: a. LFM, b. Lace, or c. SS4W???

Actually, it's B2! I thought of this being a 'comfort scent' for me... I hope I'm right!

Actually, it's B2! I thought of this being a 'comfort scent' for me... I hope I'm right!

Was I ever off track, lol. I can see it as a comfort scent. The lavender is very fluffy & I'll probably be using it for stressful days too :)

Is this a sheer scent or heavier?

BB, on initial application, the lavender/oakmoss combo was strong, but not "heavy" if you know what I mean. But within a few minutes it softened. By the time the lovely underlying floral notes started appearing, it was becoming a bit more sheer. It carries too much presence to fall into the "skin scent" category, though, and it has a nice throw. I guess I'd have to say it's neither heavy nor sheer.

Oh, yeah! It's sensual but comforting at the same time. Lavender has that ability.

Wet this is rather sharp. Oakmoss can get rapey on me. I'll be back when this settles down more.

After 30 minutes this has softened a lot. I love the lavender, I love the oakmoss. There still is a tiny edge to it that keeps me from loving it. I think it's the jasmine and water lily. When my wrist is down I love it. When I sniff my wrist up close I am torn. Definitely warrants further testing after it has rested a bit more.

After 40 minutes it has totally dried down and now I LOVE it. The question as always is if I can get through those 40 minutes often enough to make me want a bottle.

Edited by halo0073

I love lavender and am glad I purchased this one unsniffed as a FB.

On me this is a very brisk (not sweet at all) lavender and oakmoss blend. The brisk lavender definitely dominates this blend for me.

This is a very energizing and fresh scent. I see this one as great right out of the shower to start your day. This would also be a nice work scent. Classy and fresh.

And I'm over here thinking, "Oh, I blew it!" I should have gotten Lace!

:lol: There's always a way to remedy that!

Wet this is rather sharp. Oakmoss can get rapey on me. I'll be back when this settles down more.

:lol2: Edited by Beccah

When I first tested this I told Halo.. it's a very very masculine Halos Lav Musk... I retested yesterday and the initial impression was a male lavender scent. Which is okay with me.. then after about 10 mins WOW it turned into something so soft and pretty. I get no chocolate, no citrus at all. What happens after the dry down is something very beautiful and soft. Like a a ballet recital when the ballerinas wind down and look so pretty and all you see if tulle and fluff everywhere. Like that. I got a bit of sugar and a tiny bit of a floral right now. It evaporates so fast though. I am considering a fb since I will prob like it even more when the earth opens.