Veloute Lavande

Beccah

I feel feminine, beautiful and relaxed

This is me, after I apply it in the spray I made for after my shower...It's DAH BOMB! Makes for beautiful sleepy goodness!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I would love this one, lavender is a fav of mine. When I first put it on, I got a lot of lavender... but it was a sweet, cloud-soft lavender. Then the next huff was more Jasmine than lavender! Now... I can smell both of them together and also a mint-like addition to it, very fresh and clean undertone. This is very cuddly and soft but not soapy, lotion-y, or powdery. It's a beautiful scent! I am going into scent-heaven! This is now the ninth scent I have added to my arms and I am delirious with wonderful scents lol.

Yes! Yes! When I spray this on after a shower it's like a full body soft clean lavender/jasmine amazingness....even hubby gets all cuddly and lubbin' up on me saying how great I smell (and that's something, considering most of his compliments are reserved for foodie only scents!) :hearts0425:

• 7 months later...

I've used some of this to make a body spritz for after showers...but I've been using it to spray my comforter at night and OHMYGOSH! Dreamy scent and a wonderful way to drift off to sleep! :heart:

I've used some of this to make a body spritz for after showers...but I've been using it to spray my comforter at night and OHMYGOSH! Dreamy scent and a wonderful way to drift off to sleep! :heart:

I was thinking of trying the same for night-time :)

Velvet lavender indeed! This is lovely -- delicate but at the same time not wispy or ethereal, the jasmine gives it a wonderfully rounded, full-bodied texture even though it's a quiet scent. It's sweet but not sugary. Thanks for sharing that it works well as a spray, NuTrix, I can see this as the most gorgeous refreshing sleep scent, spritzed on both me and my linens!

I originally purchased this in oil and mixed just a touch with some distilled water to create a body spray. It's very intense and heady to me as an oil, but using it as a spray made it sheer and just a mist over the skin and it's like the smell IS me rather than like something I put on. Then one night I thought...hmm, how would this be on the comforter?...then another night I thought...or a spritz on the radiator while it was warm? - now THAT was a great idea! Instant aromatherapy for the whole bedroom!

• 2 weeks later...

I might think about diluting my spray version based on your experience NuTrix. It is a very strong, sort of sharply lavender scent to me at the moment. I find it relaxing to spray as a room scent or on pillows, but too much to wear, as it doesn't settle down much over time. I might dilute it a bit and wear it with a spray of LP Original, for some added sweetness.

I almost forgot to say- I recommend spraying this around in your wardrobes, etc if you have any trouble with moths. I've got little ones that visit here from time to time and like to have a nibble on my softest, nicest clothes. Actually , they like to bite 3 holes out of each piece of clothing- all close together and in a triangular shape. Perhaps this is some sort of omen? Anyway, Veloute Lavande to the rescue. It really seems to put them off.

I might think about diluting my spray version based on your experience NuTrix. It is a very strong, sort of sharply lavender scent to me at the moment. I find it relaxing to spray as a room scent or on pillows, but too much to wear, as it doesn't settle down much over time. I might dilute it a bit and wear it with a spray of LP Original, for some added sweetness.

I almost forgot to say- I recommend spraying this around in your wardrobes, etc if you have any trouble with moths. I've got little ones that visit here from time to time and like to have a nibble on my softest, nicest clothes. Actually , they like to bite 3 holes out of each piece of clothing- all close together and in a triangular shape. Perhaps this is some sort of omen? Anyway, Veloute Lavande to the rescue. It really seems to put them off.

Ooh, that is very good to know! I have a similar problem, and to solve it with something that would leave such a lovely scent.... win-win!

I might think about diluting my spray version based on your experience NuTrix. It is a very strong, sort of sharply lavender scent to me at the moment. I find it relaxing to spray as a room scent or on pillows, but too much to wear, as it doesn't settle down much over time.

I almost forgot to say- I recommend spraying this around in your wardrobes, etc if you have any trouble with moths. I've got little ones that visit here from time to time and like to have a nibble on my softest, nicest clothes. Anyway, Veloute Lavande to the rescue. It really seems to put them off.

I've found the same, it's very potent on it's own and very little is all I can wear of the oil, but diluted it's positively dreamy!

It's so strange that you mention moths! I also had some moth trouble, little tiny ones, and I've noticed that they've pretty much gone. I thought it was because we'd moved our birds, I was blaming them :lol: though I'd never had trouble with moths before. Since using VL about the bedroom they've pretty well vanished but I would never have thought to attribute it to that! What a happy accident!

• 4 months later...

I think it sounds great. This would be incredible in spray. I may have to do a spray. But, for me, I'd probably go Hearts Ease. Or, if I wanted more of a social maybe Lace. That's just me. :)

The more I think about it, the more I want a spray with HE. Then when I need a girly night I can wear it with my fav PJ or a thick robe. Watch a girly movie.. I can already smell the tea steeping. :lol:

Edited by StacyK

I think it sounds great. This would be incredible in spray. I may have to do a spray. But, for me, I'd probably go Hearts Ease. Or, if I wanted more of a social maybe Lace. That's just me. :)

The more I think about it, the more I want a spray with HE. Then when I need a girly night I can wear it with my fav PJ or a thick robe. Watch a girly movie.. I can already smell the tea steeping. :lol:

I never thought of Hearts Ease. I don't do well with Balm Bomb, so I'm going to have to look into this one

I never thought of Hearts Ease. I don't do well with Balm Bomb, so I'm going to have to look into this one

Oh wait duhh. HE is the scent Balm Bomb is the phero. Sorry. I just have a small stash of HE so I was confused for a sec. I meant the Bomb. No good for you? The new B2 is also tempting.

Something relaxing.. whatever works. BB takes the edge if the PMS but so dies Teddy and B2. Tho B2 is more total sedation :D

Oh wait duhh. HE is the scent Balm Bomb is the phero. Sorry. I just have a small stash of HE so I was confused for a sec. I meant the Bomb. No good for you? The new B2 is also tempting.

Something relaxing.. whatever works. BB takes the edge if the PMS but so dies Teddy and B2. Tho B2 is more total sedation :D

B2 sounds good, thanks

I love this one for my room at night! It's so calming after any day, but especially the crazy ones. I've diluted it to a spray and use it for both a body and linen spray and I can't say enough about how wonderful it is. So strange, as it's such a potent scent on me in the straight up oil that I can only wear a bare dab as I amp it so badly, but in spray form it's just a dream!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was extremely fortunate to snag a bottle of this from the sale. I had it boosted with Balm Bomb, as I tend to gravitate to lavender scents when stressed. It's absolutely amazing! I love lavender and this is just such a beautiful lavender scent. Yet it is not a screaming-in-your-face "lav you!" kind of scent, at least not on my skin (I've had that kind before from "other" places ;) ) It's soft and beautiful, like a purr in a bottle.

• 8 months later...

I cannot believe I haven't posted a review on this one, it's become one of my favorite lavender scents. This is a very gentle lavender, not sharp or medicinal at all. There have been some days that I've worn it, especially when my allergies are acting up or on rainy days (barometric pressure changes and verge of a headache), that the softness of this drives me crazy and sparks a full-blown migraine. That's normal for me with some scents triggering, so I know to avoid wearing then.

This is a very feminine and lovely scent. What I really enjoy about this perfume is the combination of the lavender with a very light musk and the sugar. I can smell the jasmine after about an hour of wearing, once it warms on my skin, and that's a note that I look forward to. Initially it's never present...so I have to wait :) It can be hard to wait.

This is STILL my favorite bedtime scent for my linens. It's so relaxing and calming LURV :heart:

This is one that I did not purchase till it was almost sold-out. I love this blend the very best out of all my lavender blends and I think its because of the Oakmoss and Musk in this blend… It really makes the lavender tame and so wearable for every occasion.