Year of the Snake (maiea's PE)

maiea

aw! I love the piggies. Reminds me of my boyfriend's dog. She looks just like that.

Ah Maeia!!! I am so sad. I wish you had it by now. :( I can keep finding some funny "Year of the ...." pics if it makes you laugh until yours comes!!

Well shucks Stacy, I can't do funny snake pictures!! That would just be wrong with the gorgeous Maeia pic on her bottle. You need to be an ox or a monkey or something. LOL

You can do gorgeous snake pictures to match maiea's gorgeous costume cover! I love snakes!!

Here's one of my personal favorites:

sh_hp_p_04.jpg

You totally got it on beautiful snakes!! What a gorgeous picture. :D

I agree with Eggers, Maeia, crossing my fingers too for a package to be delivered!!!!

OMG!!!!!! IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!! :banana058:

So I tore into my LPMP package and went straight for the PE.

OMG. This is PERFECT. No seriously. It's the most perfect watery green perfume.

It's a strange one though, where it smells completely different in the bottle and totally morphs on my skin! In the bottle it's this very refreshing light herbal green scent, which I'd be thrilled with, but ON my skin it completely changes and OMG this is when I really love this scent. It because this super soft watery green on me. The closest I can compare it to is Nymph (my favourite other watery green LPMP), but with less edge to it. It's not as strong.

This scent is definitely a morpher, and I totally realize I haven't let my bottle rest from travel shock so I will try it again in a couple days to see if it changes, but I love it as is!

Edit: And did I mention also amazingly refreshing??? Perfect warm weather potion. Plus also the label! lolol. It's one thing to see the label art, but another to see myself on a perfume bottle! I love it!

Also: cannot wait to see the potion effects!

Edited by maiea

FINALLY!!! Maeia, SO HAPPY that you're loving it even with travel shock!!!! LOL

I agree, it does change on you!! But, I will say that I don't think you could have picked a more perfect picture. My thought was that I totally could see you walking along a quiet pond and I could picture how everything would smell as you walk along by the water. It's truly lovely. You and Mara created an awesome scent!!!

Yay!!!!

Wow, It's morphing even MORE. You're right, it's one of those green scents where it's what you'd imagine your surrounding would smell like as you moved from one part of the garden into another. Amazing, I don't know if I've had another scent morph on me quite as much as this is doing right now. @_@ I think the vetiver is totally making it's presence known right now, earlier it was this amazingly soft, almost powdery watery green. Crazy I tell you! lol.

I think Mara deserves all the credit here, I only went and said "please make me a Snake potion, I'll leave all the ingredients up to you!" LOL!

Edit: And as long as it took me to write that - the vetiver is softening down, and it's becoming a bright green scent. This is seriously crazy. lol.

Edited by maiea

LOL. Snake potion. I'm so excited for you. You had to wait so long. It's so good to know now that I can wear it and not feel guilty!!!!

Too bad it's just a PE. It's really the epitome of what I would consider a beautiful "green" scent. Next time I'm looking for one, I'm coming to you for ideas. ;)

WOOHOO! You got it!!! :D

So excited for you! It must be so fun having such a personal scent! I'm glad to hear you're so happy with it! I bet it was worth the wait - aren't they always? :w00t:

It's totally worth the wait though I wish I didn't have to wait! LOL.

And the funny thing is I don't feel like this is a personal PE for me only. I really did want to see Mara make a Snake potion, but figured I'd have to PE it to get one. lol. So I'm glad others get to experience it too! Too bad there were only 4 bottles made (2 for me and 2 went up on the forum).

I agree too SW, it's a green scent but lacks that grassiness that a lot of green scents have, this one is just pretty and very refreshing. (Kind of like the green of a manicured and groomed garden rather than a "out in the wild" kind of green.)

Couldn't agree more Maiea! Before, I would have attributed "green" to grassiness but this is really symbolizes that well ... think it must be the bamboo. That's the scent that really made me think the picture is perfect and the mint.

And that brings me to a question: I know the PE's are really tailored to the request and she doesn't make them in large batches. If you find something that you LOVE, ADORE, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT, can you request it again as a PE? I don't recall seeing it in a post anywhere because usually everyone is trying a different path for PE's but could you request yours again and Mara could make it again same as this one?

Just a thought for future reference...

I'm so glad you love it Maeia! It sounds as if the green is a soft green, rather than a sharp green note - sounds beautiful!

@ SW's question: I think that Mara can rebrew PEs, so long as she still has the ingredients? I think...

She can rebrew, but it depends on her notes. If she took great notes it should be pretty close, but if she was freestyling it might turn out a bit different. It's always better the closer to the original brew time it is.

Right; it's all a matter of whether she can recreate it or not, she doesn't always make notes on the PEs. That is precisely one of the reasons I want to keep a PE batch all for myself, because even if she could do it again it probably wouldn't be the same.

Thanks everyone, that really answers my question! I'm glad I got extras now that I know. I may go the route like you did Luna and keep a PE batch all for myself. It really says a lot about Mara too ... just trying this and that until she reaches a good blend. She IS the mad scientist!!!

Edited by StoremyWhether

• 5 weeks later...

Maiea, just had to say that I decided to wear some of your Year of the Snake tonight and after a month of melding and blending, this perfume just keeps getting better with time. I liked it so much when I first got this but hadn't worn it in a couple of weeks. Wearing it tonight, it just seems so fresh, definitely lush. It makes me want to rent a cabin and go hiking up to waterfalls at Yosemite.

Have you used up all of your bottle yet? LOL

I know what you mean! I've been using some other LP's a bit more lately (Nymph, Temperance, Canary Faery) because it's been so hot and I see those as very "cooling" kind of scents. But this weekend I did reach for the Snake perfume again and yeah, the scent's melded a bit more since! I'm not yet finished a bottle, lol, but I think there's a good dent in it. Admittedly also scared of using it up, I only got 2 bottles of the PE! eek.

Note: I find the Snake perfume very green and fresh, but not "cooling" - to me it's a bit like walking into a lush garden.

OMG!!!!!! IT CAME!!!!!!!!!!! :banana058:

So I tore into my LPMP package and went straight for the PE.

OMG. This is PERFECT. No seriously. It's the most perfect watery green perfume.

It's a strange one though, where it smells completely different in the bottle and totally morphs on my skin! In the bottle it's this very refreshing light herbal green scent, which I'd be thrilled with, but ON my skin it completely changes and OMG this is when I really love this scent. It because this super soft watery green on me. The closest I can compare it to is Nymph (my favourite other watery green LPMP), but with less edge to it. It's not as strong.

This scent is definitely a morpher, and I totally realize I haven't let my bottle rest from travel shock so I will try it again in a couple days to see if it changes, but I love it as is!

Edit: And did I mention also amazingly refreshing??? Perfect warm weather potion. Plus also the label! lolol. It's one thing to see the label art, but another to see myself on a perfume bottle! I love it!

Also: cannot wait to see the potion effects!

I can't wait to hear how this potion and its effects work for you, I love the idea of making a perfume out of your year... I'm an OX and I'm not sure when the Year of OX will take place but I just googled and next year is the year of the horse, I love horse's...

Congrats on getting your goodies...

I know what you mean! I've been using some other LP's a bit more lately (Nymph, Temperance, Canary Faery) because it's been so hot and I see those as very "cooling" kind of scents. But this weekend I did reach for the Snake perfume again and yeah, the scent's melded a bit more since! I'm not yet finished a bottle, lol, but I think there's a good dent in it. Admittedly also scared of using it up, I only got 2 bottles of the PE! eek.

Note: I find the Snake perfume very green and fresh, but not "cooling" - to me it's a bit like walking into a lush garden.

I can definitely say that I learned a lot from ordering my first PE and how important it is to get as many as you can when purchasing.

You're right though, although watery and so lush, yours doesn't necessarily say "cooling" but I think it's perfect for Spring/Autumn. If I'd worn this when it was 118 degrees plus this summer (47 C I think for you), I don't think it would have worked as good - sort of like walking through a humidifier. LOL

I'll be looking for your next ideas to come out in PE!! :D