Jasmine Rain

ADPE-SpringJR.jpg

Spring's Jasmine Rain

Spring asked for: "ozone, water-fresh, jasmine and earth. I'm looking for an airy scent that smells of walking in the rain with soft whispers of jasmine blowing in the breeze. Feeling alive, playful, sexy." This came out beautiful! Watery fresh and very natural.

I had posted a thread awhile back asking for some ideas for a nice rainy scent.... something that would remind me of home in California. Spring rains, flowers... things that are hard to find in Arizona. I've tried Eye of the Storm and Thunder but both were just, I don't know, a bit much maybe. Torrential downpours crushing cut stems just didn't quite fit the bill. So, along came Mara's willingness to allow PE's and of course, this was my first thought and described as best I could.

So, here it is and I've had the chance to dab it on instantly out of the box and also I've worn it all day today to work and here are my thoughts for those of you who decided to give it a try...

First, it goes on quite strong. I suggest dabbing it on at first because I went the slather route and I personally could smell it on myself for a good three hours. I would suggest dabbing.

Secondly, the very first note is definitely jasmine. It's sweet and very organic. It's fleshy and "alive" and did not remind me of your average fake jasmine scents.

As the roll on oil, the first note is the heady jasmine followed by a sharpness that I can only guess is the ozone. It tingled my nose, almost like electricity, it was crisp - that smell you might pick out right before a rainstorm. Those two scents were the heaviest for the first half hour. Once it had time to dry down and meld, I could pick up notes of earth, a mild sharpness of ozone and a bit sexier, more mellow jasmine... in my head I began to think of it as if rolling on the oil was the very start of the downpour and just as the rain lets up in time and suddenly the air is full other different, deeper scents... so did the perfume. I liken the dried down scent to how the air feels and smells when the rain has fallen and the air is humid. It's a bit hazy, less sharp to your nose, more blended with the smells of everything the rain has fallen on. On my drive to work in the car, I could smell it and floating around with the air conditioner on (yes, at 5:30 am I had to have the air on :( ) and I could actually picture a wetness like I had been out in the rain. Getting those little whiffs of the water was truly impressive to me!!!

At work, it definitely mellowed and softened over the course of the day. By time I left work, it was just a gentle jasmine scent that lay close to the skin. We have plant status first thing in the morning and one of my co-workers told me he felt giddy sitting next to me. LOL I rolled on the oil at 5 am, rolled out of the house at 5:30 and by 3:30 when I left work (early day home yippee!!!), it was very faint but still there so I give it a big thumbs up for longevity considering how hot it is here.

Now, trying it in the spray form tonight, it's lighter than the oil and I don't necessarily instantly pick up the crispness of ozone like I did with the oil. The jasmine is a bit lighter too. It still smells amazing but has maybe a bit more sense of airiness as compared to the oil. I'm glad I got both because I would love to spritz in my hair or just use the spray to go lighter or use on top of a dab of the oil.

Either way, it was perfectly what I wanted. It's spring, it's summer... it reminds me of playing in my uncle's front yard covered in jasmine and how the air would smell when I would open the windows during a spring rain. It's comforting and homey but at the same time, rain was always a turn on for me so it's exciting and makes me happy. It's just what I needed and wanted. And I truly hope that you ladies that took a chance on it like it as much as I do. It's truly a beautiful scent and I feel so so lucky to have found such a talented and intuitive lady to create something so wonderful.

It sounds wonderful! I hope I'm able to get a bottle of this. It is almost exactly what I said I wanted in another post (honeysuckle, rain, ozone). Close enough!

Do you want a bottle? I was going to take up whatever remained that no one else wanted. If you want one, let me know and I'll tell Mara to send an invoice for one your way. I was hoping you'd try it and see if you like it as much as I do.

ETA: On the PE page for June, I told Mara to give you one of mine on reserve if you want it. :)

Otherwise, its MINE. LOL

Edited by StoremyWhether

I emailed her to ask about a week. If she's ok with that, it's yours. Hope you enjoy it too!!!

Storemy, your blend sounds beautiful and I love your review...

Thank you!! It really is amazing. It's kind of funny because I've never done something like that before, meaning just picking scent notes and putting my faith and money in someone doing a great job of creating it. If it wasn't for the fact that everything that Mara creates is beautiful, I wouldn't have tried it but I had every faith that however she created it, it would be perfect and it was. I've already told her that I will be remaining a loyal customer. There's nowhere else I can remotely think of that can compare to the fragrances I've found here ... and I am bit of a junkie for perfume!!

If it wasn't for the fact that everything that Mara creates is beautiful

AMEN SISTA! & WOW What a great review! Reading your review took me back both to my own childhood and to just the other night when I pulled a chair out onto the porch to enjoy the soft rain that finally brought us some relief from the mugginess that we'd had here. You gave me goose bumps! I can't wait to get my iddy piddies on it. It's an honor to be able to enjoy something that has effected you with so many positive emotions. Thank you for sharing, the review and the perfume :love:

WOAH! Ok...just pulled from the mailbox I want to know just one thing...how did Mara get RAIN in the bottle? :D I will let the bottle sit overnight before dipping in...I learned my ever too eager lesson a while back that patience IS best lol. Excited to explore your PE :)

LOL, NuTrix. All I can say is, I know, right? Remember, dab, don't slather at first. After letting it sit for awhile, I can say that I do actually love it even more. It's still definitely jasmine upfront but I think that it's a bit backed off... a bit... so now you get a bit more of the rain. Really its like jasmine blowing in your window during a spring rain! hee hee Hope to hear what you think after you try it and I hope you love it as much as I do. :hearts0425:

Edited by StoremyWhether

I'm a bit of a slatherer, but I will try to refrain...maybe I'll just start with the lollipop on my torso and a dab on each pulse point below the ears...nothing directly under the nose? It shouldn't be in my face, or anyone else's, under my clothes...do you think that would be too much?

I think that's a good start actually. I'd do it. It's strong and will last so just a dab at the ears should do you well!! Then you can see whether your skin eats it (I doubt it will) and whether you can be more of a slatherer than me. I just need dabs.. which is good... it will last longer. :D

Awesome!

I always feared strong florals or any really strong/loud scent, but I'm learning that strategic wearing can really make all the difference between "I smell SOOOO great" and "I'm getting such a horrible headache, how do I get this off!" Cuddle Bunny is like that for me, Shen Tao can be too (peach/sharp)...I'm starting to figure and finagle and it's so much fun to experiment!

Thanks for the tips and advice! I can't wait 'til tomorrow to try it out! :kisses:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I got to wear JR today! I used the lollipop & a 3inch strip back of each hand rubbed together and against wrists & a dab behind each ear - almost slathered, lol...and went out to the garden, so even though I went a bit heavy I was outside. The weirdest thing was that it was the ozone I think I smelled first :huh: but it quickly went to jasmine. The whole time I was working I was LOVING it. It actually felt right to have it on out there, if that makes any sense? The activity and the perfume made good partners.

I had to shower when I was done (I KNOW! Wash away the perfume! Ack!) but when I got out I re-applied 2inch strip to the back of each hand, rubbed together and then rubbed side of neck and I am sitting here typing this smelling soooo good! Yes, this is jasmine for sure, but it blends SO beautifully with everything else that this is just...just...this is really nice. It's NOT piercy or sharp at all to me and the jasmine isn't amping on me at all. I'm going to curl up here comfortably until hubby gets home and smell glorious :hearts09780: Thank you for sharing! :you-re-the-best:

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope at least a sniffie of this one comes my way.

I just adore the natural scents. And Jasmine,and i LOVE the rain.

Sounds like an excellent scent Stormey! Glad you love it. Maras the best!

When wet, this is really jasmine, overwhelmingly floral. But it very quickly settled down to a really soft , fresh, clean scent. It reminds me a little of giorgio (though it has been years since I smelled that). Oh, and now the ozone is coming out.

I like it!

I really hope at least a sniffie of this one comes my way.

I just adore the natural scents. And Jasmine,and i LOVE the rain.

Sounds like an excellent scent Stormey! Glad you love it. Maras the best!

If you don't get a little sniffie in the future, let me know. We can trade emails through Mara and I'll send you one!! :D And yes, I do love it. It was just what I wanted (and I thought of it today as I was walking through the rain to get to my desk!!!

When wet, this is really jasmine, overwhelmingly floral. But it very quickly settled down to a really soft , fresh, clean scent. It reminds me a little of giorgio (though it has been years since I smelled that). Oh, and now the ozone is coming out.

I like it!

Gosh Xev, I haven't had Giorgio in YEARS. LOL I'm going to have to try it on and think about that. It definitely is jasmine in the beginning, no doubt about that one, but you are right. It mellows out and the ozone comes through. I find that I like it most when I don't stick my nose right on top of it... like a whiff in passing. LOL

I'm glad you liked it. :D It can give you some ideas on how you might change it up for what you were looking for in a rainy scent.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm just updating this to say that it has really mellowed a lot over the past month. I put some on last night because I love falling asleep in it and noticed that the jasmine, although still very present, has taken a bit of a step back and now the ozone and freshness really comes through. It's actually even nicer than it was before, more blended but still very fresh and clean. And as a side note, I think I am going to buy a FB of Ectoplasm because these two have actually turned out to be a really nice combo!!

• 2 weeks later...

This one is still crazy to me. How DOES she get rain in a bottle?! Thanks to your PE and Sea Lily I went out on a limb with a couple freebies that are supposed to have "water scents". Jasmine Rain is just SO unique. It's not like anything I've ever smelled and yet completely familiar...yeah, go ahead and try to sort THAT one out :D

I told someone on a different thread that if Mara could bottle rain for me, she can create just about anything anyone could possibly want!! Jasmine Rain is perfect for me. I'm glad that you gave it a shot!! As a side note, Maiea's Year of the Snake is just like this in the sense that you can close your eyes and you could totally envision walking by a pond on a humid day, smelling the grass, the plants, the watery feel of the moment... I absolutely love that Mara has the ability to create something that can invoke such strong visuals. It was a brilliant green scent and I think mine is too for rainy day needs!!!

I thought maybe you changed your mind! LOL I'll keep an eye out for an email and I will make sure you get a sample. I think you will like it. :)

• 8 months later...

I scored a bottle of this on the trade threads, and I'm so glad! I think when I initially read descriptions I didn't fall over myself needing it because of the jasmine.... jasmine and I have a complicated relationship. But I have gotten completely obsessed with earth scents, and then the idea of rain became totally compelling...

Anyway, this is lovely! I love how natural and organic the jasmine note is, and perhaps because I'm getting a bottle that has had a chance to age a bit it feels very balanced. The earth and ozone and rain are there, and the whole thing wears quite subtly on me. It's a beautiful scent, and it wouldn't have occurred to me, Storemy, that Mara could put rain in a bottle. Thank you so much for thinking to ask her to!

I am especially loving this for early mornings. I'm finally able to sleep with the windows open, and I'll putter around in the kitchen and then sit in bed drinking my coffee and reading Dora Carrington's letters and sniffing my Jasmine Rain with cool balmy breezes blowing through the curtains and birds going crazy outside. And all is right with the world.