Double O

Beccah

Okay now I understand what some of you mean by the patchouli being really present; in the bottle it just smells like pink cake but once I get it on this is way closer to LP Pink '09 on me in that it's basically cotton candy patchouli, wow. I get a bit of the cake but not that much. I like it in this form although I suspect it will age to something closer to the concept.

from Dial 00 for Danger!: an Agent Null adventure

by Julian Lune

Agent Null had been out at the Agency's proving grounds, setting time trials with Agent XXX on a variety of specially-modified superbikes, so he still wore his leathers and carried his helmet when he stepped into the laboratory complex where he was greeted by Mayhem.

"Null!" he shouted, as if the other was still deafened by the roar of a four-stroke. "Always chasing the curves, I see."

"Every one I can find," Null quipped, placing his helmet upon the other's desk. "O sent me round to collect the Project Morphos status report."

"Well you've have to talk to Dr. Photon, of course, not my area."

Null sighed. "I think she's still cross with me."

"The opera?"

"Well. when someone drops a building on you, what can you do?"

Mayhem shook his shaggy head. "Women! Even the most logical of them don't understand a man's need to lick his wounds in private, as it were."

"Quite so. Can you get me in?"

"Today's code is one-zed-zed-two-four-seven."

"Thank you." He gave the head of R&D a slight bow and took the elevator two levels down to Biogen Research and the lab of Dr. Patricia Photon. He punched the code on the access door and entered with the knowledge that such measures were needed; Null and Dr. Photon had dated briefly but unsuccessfully. The head of Project Morphos was perched in front of a workstation terminal frowning at rows of data scrolling down the screen.

"Tricia, you're looking lovely as ever," he said to her quietly, noting that her thick auburn tresses - which glowed even in the harsh light of the lab like banked embers - were pulled back and her lovely foxy-featured face stared back as her eyes widened, their blue-gray flash reminding him of a storm at sea.

"Null how did you get in here?!"

"O sent me," he said, hoping the explanation wouldn't implicate his upstairs partner in unauthorized access, "to collect the status report."

"I emailed it to him this morning! Oh no, I know why he wants you here and we're not ready yet!"

Null looked past her into the lab, where a row of eight enclosures with clear lucite panels displayed the participants of the experiment which was the current focus of Project Morphos. They were cats, of different breeds, but all barely a year old.

"Just print me a copy then and I can say I was a good little errand boy."

She pointed at him. her cheeks were flushed quite becomingly and she pulled off her glasses.

"You stay there, I'm calling that idiot right now!"

"That's a bit harsh," Null objected, "maybe he just -"

"No, he can't do this!"

"If you're still angry at me -"

Photon paused, phone in hand. "Are you suggesting I'm still hung up on you? Because let me inform you, Agent Null, that I have moved on, and I haven't a thought in my head to spare for men who stand me up -"

"I didn't stand you up! Not on purpose."

"Like anyone buys that whole 'someone dropped a building on me' bullshit!"

"Tricia, language!" her parrot Gregory scolded from his perch near her desk. He was an African Gray and possessed of an almost otherworldly sense of the bon mot.

"It happens more frequently than I'd like!" Null shouted, then quickly regained his composure, tugging at his jacket.

"Don't move," Photon commanded, dialing an extension.

At the other end of the line a long-legged blonde with high cheekbones and sky blue eyes typed speedily. When the line rang she answered it on her headset with a dulcet-toned greeting.

"Operations, this is Ms. Nilli."

"Willy, it's Tricia. I need to talk to O right now."

"Let me get him for you, Dr. Photon."

O was reading the new issue of Fifth Gear, and set it aside with a frown. "Yes Wills?"

"Dr. Photon on line three, sir."

"What does she want now?"

"She didn't say sir, except that it's urgent."

O sighed and hit the button. "Yes Tricia?"

"O what the hell do you think you are doing sending Null down here now?!"

"Are you still mad at him about the opera?"

"They're not ready yet!"

As the argument went on, and Tricia had her back to him, Null wandered into the lab and surveyed the cats. Most of them were sleeping, but one had reached up and was leaning against the front of its enclosure, its wide-eyed gaze meeting his with an intensity he would have never attributed to a cat. He walked over to it.

"Would you care to say hello, hmm?" he said with a slight croon. He peered at the sign on the side as he lifted it out and held it to him. "Seven, eh? Not a bad name, I s'pose. And it's in pink so that means you're a girl, hmm?" She purred in his hands and rubbed her head against his chest. He chuckled. "Well of course you are, there isn't a female in the world -"

She voiced a number of mews and mious and meows and yows and purrs and trills.

"My goodness you're a talkative sort, aren't you? Well I'm Agent Null, and when your mum over there -" he gestured at Dr, Photon, " - decides it, we'll be good friends." He stroked her fur. "And you're so soft and fluffy, aren't you, just a beautiful little puss!"

"PUT HER DOWN RIGHT NOW!" Dr. Photon yelled at him.

Null quickly dropped Seven back into her enclosure and strode back toward the office.

"Tricia why are you acting like such a shrew?!" he demanded.

Their argument grew louder, so loud in fact that they could not hear Seven speak her first word.

"Null?" she said, her inflection halfway between a meow and actual speech. "Null?" she called out to the handsome man with the amazing eyes who had held her in his warm hands and called her beautiful.

"Null?!" she pleaded. But he did not return.

:lol:

Well I know I have to write a complete version of Dial 00 for Danger! at the very least or there might be a riot or something.

I'm all about the fanservice! :D

AAAAAA!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!! Damn STRAIGHT you're about the fanservice, luna! THANK YOU and THIS ROCKS!!! Awwwwwwww, poor Seven...nobody was listening. :heart: I want to snuggle her! ~Of course, she'd probably do me in, but hey.~ B)

Oh gosh,what have I missed :lol: ...

Willy Nilli <snort> Seven's first word :w00t: I am soooo looking forward to catching up when I get back online...permanently ...smootches to da LunaChick!!

Come back soonest, Calii! We miss you!!! :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooops. Got all exciterated reading this thread and forgot to post my review!

I LOVE Double O. This is a wonderfully seductive perfume. I find myself wearing it a helluvah lot, and it has me thinkingabout aaaaaalllll the different pheros you could mix it with. It's like...well, it's such a sort of innocent cover...for ANYTHING. Heh. But it's seductive, like I said, so it's not truly all that innocent when you pay closer attention to the scent.

It's all !!!CAKEY SWEETNESS!!! in the bottle. That's ALL GOOD for me, so the first time I wore Double O, I just slathered, enjoyed, and forgot about it. But...all afternoon that day, I was smelling this lovely something wafting around when I'd change directions while walking...and I'd think,"Oh! Must be me!" But as the hours went by, it kept happening. Well into the extreme drydown I was doing the same thing. THAT. Is a MARVELLOUS THING. :w00t:

So this is indeed Cakey Sweetness, but it also has depth and a certain richness that just completely snags my heart. Luna mentioned the patchouli, and I don't perceive it by itself on me, but it sure as hell could be what's giving this more dimension. I do get the amber now that I know it's there, and the pink berry and caramelized sugars and vanilla are just delicious. It lasts, too. It also makes me happy! :heart:

I've worn this with UN Teddy BB, and they're great together! I haven't tried it with cops yet, but I'm thinking it would work. I'm also thinking I'd love this boosted with Cougar, or SS4W, or Dom, or Popularity Potion (none of which I own in UN). I should try it with my UN Audacious. You see where I'm going here. I want it with EVERYTHING.

Right now, though, I'm wearing Double O all by her little fuzzy self and she's GORGEOUS.

:burning-heart:

This is kyoooot with a capital K-- soft and fuzzy, truly giving a kitteh fur impression. There's something about the combo of patch and pink that just isn't my favorite -- it triggers my resin aversion a bit... but I will enjoy my sample.

Certainly a "pink cake" scent, but on me the patch comes out quite strong. My skin is magically super-ampy for anything citrus, floral or bitter (patchouli and vetiver, specifically), however. I can see how the patchouli acts to ground and 'fix' the scent so that it doesn't burn off too fast, but my skin works better with amber as a base. It's a nice, bright pink scent if that's your thing, though! Don't be scared off by my patchouli reaction - it's actually really well balanced with the patchouli tempering the pink berries to stop it from being far too foodie.

I'm getting a bottle of this boosted. In honor of Seven I should get Dominance but I'm leaning to Heart and Soul. :purr:

my skin is picky about pink scents. I can do Levitation fine, and Musk in the Pixie Dust. Not Merry. Not Pink Musk. And I need to try this again, but the first time didn't do so well, either... Flat and plasticky.

Hey Molls! Have you re-tried this? I can't Pink Musk too.

So glad I got a bottle of Double O! Not only is the label gorgeous, and a happy addition to my collection of beautifully labelled perfumes, the scent is lovely! It's very pink on me, and while I can feel the heaviness of the patchouli weighing the pinkness down, there's no actual grassy patchouli smell. It's just an interesting anchor for the other notes, and seems to uphold all the girly pink without letting it become too sweet. Not that I mind anything becoming too sweet in the least. I love this scent! And I can always do with MOAR PINK! Bring it on, Double O! :D

My notes for Double O: Grown up Pink Sugar type scent. This is surprisingly sophisticated due to the amber & patchouli notes.

• 2 weeks later...

In the vial this one smells sweeter than I expected. I see all the posts about pink scents and I guess I was thinking it would be more caramel vanilla amber but it wasn't an unpleasant surprise be any means...wonder how this will wear on me...so many perfumes...so little skin! :D

Edited: 08/28/2013

I thought this one was going to be really sweet - and it is candy like at first - but within an hour it becomes very "grown up" :)

It's still slightly sweet but mostly amber. It's a sweet amber and there's just that hint of something else that has to be the patch in the background. I thought this was going to be a cutesie fragrance but it's really quite surprisingly sultry....VERY nice indeed! :love-you:

Edited by NuTrix

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Between the pink cake and the gorgeous label, I was hoping I would adore this one, but I think I'm getting the same patch complication others have described. The foodie part of the scent is mostly pink sugar--it's closer to candy than cake for me. I've tried it several times now, and every time it goes on very sweet and smooth, but at about 15 minutes something happens which I can only describe as the scent roughening. My nose doesn't register it as patchouli, but the sweet foody aspect suddenly goes sharp and crumply inside my nose. The longer I wear it the less sweet it smells and the more I get something .... hm, not plasticky, not earthy, but sharp and flat. So apparently my skin doesn't like this one. Ah, well!

• 6 months later...

Wow, that is sweet. Holy moly, that is SWEET. Straight-up cotton candy sweet, in an actual little girl way. Yeah. It’s not that I don’t like it, I do, but I can’t see myself wearing this very much. Smelling like a can of pink frosting might just be too much for me.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have not tried this lately,you really should,it has aged into a spectacular scent,at least on me :purr: ...a very rich and distinct pink.Several people have complimented me on it,all strangers! It is over on Artfire now,I got another bottle as backup to the backups :lol: ...a little goes along way too,it is strong and lingers around you,I turn my head,catch a whiff...and Smile

I've so wanted to try but thought it was sold out. Got a sniffie but haven't been able to test. Do you know if it's sold out or just GGG?

Not that I can buy now anyway - having loaded up more than I should have at sale. Guess I'll be trolling swap pages for the next month or so. :say19:

ElizabethOSP has some up for trade Beach Goddess. This stuff is really yummy and I love the edge to it. It's super sweet like baby chicks but I think the patchouli balances it out for me more so.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Wow, that is sweet. Holy moly, that is SWEET. Straight-up cotton candy sweet, in an actual little girl way. Yeah. It’s not that I don’t like it, I do, but I can’t see myself wearing this very much. Smelling like a can of pink frosting might just be too much for me.

I'd actually love that - have you tried Jaqua buttercream frosting - scent is great but lasts like 3 seconds (so not so great) and their shower gel sadly has the sulfates that strip the skin oils. It's less 'pinky' but def buttercream frosting. But I also think pink scents are more summery sometimes? Hmm.

Thanks Callii and Ivy - will check out artfire and the trade page - need to add to my list and then prioritize - pacing myself now given recent unphero order.

I've so wanted to try but thought it was sold out. Got a sniffie but haven't been able to test. Do you know if it's sold out or just GGG?

Not that I can buy now anyway - having loaded up more than I should have at sale. Guess I'll be trolling swap pages for the next month or so. :say19:

There is some left over on Artfire

• 8 months later...

Welp, I've gone to the dark side. I now seem to like smelling like cake. And this smells like a delightful birthday cake to my nose. Very nice! If it was available still, I would probably have to test it again first, but I might consider a bottle. If I had the money, that is. Which I don't. Especially now that the Fairy Garden collection has come out right at the time I've accepted that I like smelling like cake. *sigh*

Edited by Lainey

Especially now that the Fairy Garden collection has come out right at the time I've accepted that I like smelling like cake. *sigh*

LOL!!! I's nice smelling like a cake and make everyone just want to eat you ... ;)

• 1 year later...

It's the opposite for me - for at least a couple years the patchouli was so strong, and now the pink cake accord has finally emerged.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying this for the first time today, scored it from Heart's trade page. It was really sweet at first but now it's calming a bit. I'm usually a resin girl but trying to go outside my comfort zone. Still trying to embrace more summery scents. I think I'm going to like this, perhaps it will be good with the bam pink amber I never use.

I have a flight tomorrow and a date picking me up, shoot, I was going with SS4W and LP black, now I'm thinking:

Double O with H&S + OCCO pink

Or Double O with bam pink Amber

I would love a sweetheart girl but sexy as hell vibe

Crap, I'm already packed. I might like this enough to request a rebrew.

• 1 year later...

It's funny for me to read all the reviews that call this sweet and pink, it's rather smutty on me! Like maybe NSFW smutty! I came back here to read notes/reviews to see what was in here that I missed, but nope. No added smut, I'm just making this smell naughty all on my own.

Late night edit-

Before I went to work tonight, I put on enough Wicked that if I didn't like the scent, I wouldn't be able to stand near me. And honestly, if someone hates Wicked, I don't need them, but I did overdo it tonight. The point is, now that the Wicked has settled five hours later, I can still smell the Double O coming through. I get that they both have vanilla, patch and amber in common, but the Double O has something distinctive. I think maybe the particular amber in the Double O is what makes it smutty for me? I think the amber in DubO has a hint of honey, or maybe it's the amber/berry sweetness that makes honey/smut? I dunno. Good news it that I don't need to know anything more than that I like it and I'll bust it out for nighttime partytime and just "act natural."

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 year later...

Bumping for charity auction!

This is a must have for any pink scent lovers. Or even any gourmand lovers in general. It’s pinky sweet but that patch grounds it beautifully and keeps it from being too young or silly. The patch is more like the way patch is used in the base of Many of the classic commercial cult favorite perfumes, not hippie kind. It’s delectable, sexy and grown up Pinkness. This was incredibly popular. 

• 1 month later...

The kitty on the label is super cute! This reads like CAKE CAKE CAKE on me. I'm actually not getting much pink at all  - it feels like sweet white cake with sugary white frosting.  The patch is barely noticeable, just adding some depth and preventing it from getting too sweet.

I also like to wear this to help me sleep  - something about this makes me want to curl up in a blanket!  But the patch makes this grown-up and wearable for general wear as well, although I probably wouldn't wear this to the office. (People would be following me around asking where the cake was! 😋)

• 3 years later...
On 3/27/2018 at 9:24 PM, Eastwood22 said:

It's funny for me to read all the reviews that call this sweet and pink, it's rather smutty on me! Like maybe NSFW smutty! I came back here to read notes/reviews to see what was in here that I missed, but nope. No added smut, I'm just making this smell naughty all on my own.

It definitely was all your chemistry @Eastwood22 because I now have your bottle from trades and on me from the minute I put it on and until it wears off several hours later, it is strawberry shortcake! I don’t like to eat strawberry shortcake but I love smelling like it. I can’t detect the patchouli at all, it must just amp the other notes. This one only lists a couple of ingredients, so I doubted it would be cakey on me, I figured I would probably have a pink sugar result, which is fine. I just never know how Lps will smell on me or how others will perceive them. Thank you Mara for making this and Eastwood for giving me the opportunity to try it, this is the first time I think I’ve gotten to smell like yummy cake 🎂 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, Femmefatale said:

Thank you Mara for making this and Eastwood for giving me the opportunity to try it, this is the first time I think I’ve gotten to smell like yummy cake 🎂 

Yay! So cool!!!