Katerina Suit

Beccah

Blackcat, I agree!! I finally got around to trying this and hot damn, I feel like a sexy vixen wearing this. I am so iffy with chocolates, and tobaccos too, which is why I have stalled in trying this one out. But I have a couple of days off from work so I get to wear whatever I want. So that means pulling out my samples and sniffees that typically would not see any testing love at all.

I had to double check to see if this had a phero in it because it sure as hell felt like it. Powerful and sexy.

It totally does have a phero'd feel.... and yet, on the theory that more is more, I ordered it boosted with Bang....

Go big or go home, right?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE Blackcat! Boosted with BANG! Vah-Vah-Vah....BOOM! w/ BANG! :666::ange:

It's a New Year, baby! Will report back once, as I said, I figure out how to create an opportunity to.... go BOOM!

Hahaha! I'm sure you won't have to create anything...opportunity will likely come to you with that combo :lol:

• 1 year later...

I have this on and it is wonderful. It smelled so much like my favorite perfume of the ones that I have made that I had to go look up my notes because I knew they weren't the same. Both have dark chocolate, leather and a woody base. I think the tobacco originally smelled very similar to the black pepper and Merlot smell of my Nox Aeternus but it has quickly become different. I am tempted to see how they'd work together. I made mine for my character Johannes (Or Jan as he prefers to be called) and I loved that this was created because of Katerina. Who is AWESOME. Wine and Dead Roses was my favorite description of January.

Hee! She has a black as her miserable soul belt in contempt-fu.

I wanted to add that fans of BALLS! will also be liking this one, I think.

I just wanted to say that "I have a black belt in contempt-fu." should be on a tee shirt. :rofl222:

• 2 weeks later...

In the vial this is all chocolate, but wet on my skin the leather is AMPED and the chocolate goes into the background. After it dries down the chocolate comes out more but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the chocolate/leather combo.

This is not a review, as I haven't tried this one yet. I'm terrified of this one. I sniffed it when I got it and it is soooo not me that I couldn't understand why people were raving about it. I really still don't get it. I guess I'll have to see once I try it and it dries down. But I would be surprised if my opinion of it changes.

This is not a review, as I haven't tried this one yet. I'm terrified of this one. I sniffed it when I got it and it is soooo not me that I couldn't understand why people were raving about it. I really still don't get it. I guess I'll have to see once I try it and it dries down. But I would be surprised if my opinion of it changes.

Every nose is different! Also, a scent can be completely different in the vial/bottle than on skin. Even if something smells iffy in the vial I'll always give it a go on my skin - you never know :)

Every nose is different! Also, a scent can be completely different in the vial/bottle than on skin. Even if something smells iffy in the vial I'll always give it a go on my skin - you never know :)

Yes, this ^^^

I always try scents on my skin before making a final decision... You never know!

Believe me I was shocked as hell when I ended up loving this one. It didn't seem to be me at all even after I put it on. Then a few minutes into it I couldn't figure out which one this was. I was addicted to it. Same with ...and I feel fine. Hated it at first on...then it just melds and turns into heaven. You've got to get them on to really find out what they do!

Ohhhh...uh, must just be my nose, then. Some of us just have no taste. :P

Well I'm not implying your judgment is bad, certainly. I would never say that to anyone. It's just my reasoning since you said you couldn't understand. Granted, when Mara and I brainstormed this it seemed like a sort of out-there idea, I'm just happy it worked as well as it did, in my estimation.

"Couldn't understand why people were raving about it?" That's pretty rude. Just because a scent isn't your type doesn't mean that other people don't love it. There are many scents that aren't my particular type of scent, but that doesn't mean that they aren't artistic and beautiful in their own right. Perfume is a very subjective thing.....everybody has different tastes.

Edited by Dolly

It is a combination of sexy things to me, leather, chocolate, woody scents and tobacco. Everyone has different tastes in the bedroom, some like soft light, candles, flowers and romance so it is no surprise that tastes in scents would be different. And most people like different things on different days. Sometimes give me some romance and sweetness and sometimes I don't want sweet at all. :D

"Couldn't understand why people were raving about it?" That's pretty rude. Just because a scent isn't your type doesn't mean that other people don't love it. There are many scents that aren't my particular type of scent, but that doesn't mean that they aren't artistic and beautiful in their own right. Perfume is a very subjective thing.....everybody has different tastes.

And different body chemistries. While I LOVE this scent and it works very well on me, my chemistry may do things to other scents or components of scents that make them seem off. And then my skin ruins 80% of the perfumes I own when I'm PMSing. You don't comment in a review thread just to say you're terrified of something when you haven't even tried it on your skin. Also, everyone's perceptions of scent are different, just like people's perceptions of color vary (as proved by Dressgate). There is a certain kind of tact that goes with publicly reviewing. "My skin ruined it" is one thing. So is "lemongrass is not my thing". But you can't just go slamming other people's tastes when you don't know what their chemistries are like or how they perceive that scent, let alone when you haven't fully tested it yet.

Omg I just got a bottle from the trade thread. I CAN understand why everyone was raving about this. It's sexy as fuck!

This scent isn't foodie despite the chocolate. It's lightly sweetened, a little powdery and a little masculine. It's wearing very light and silky. The tobacco doesn't read like a cigarette or cigar smell to me- The leather/chocolate combo is just awesome. I'm mostly just getting a sweetened, slightly smokey, almost guy smell type of scent. Why did I wait so long to try this?!

• 1 month later...

Okay, this was up today, so I tested it. In the vial, it doesn't appeal to me. I find that I usually tend to experience chocolate notes as harsh.

HOWEVER...

It was much better on my skin. At first the leather amped, which I am sort of fond of, but then it just settled down into a pleasant, perfumey scent. It was very interesting and surprising, the way it morphed. I still don't think it's a "me" scent, but I can now understand why many people like it.