Marsha Mellow

Beccah

After realizing my HUGE love for EGG 2011, I ordered a bottle of Marsha Mellow unsniffed...then wound up getting a couple back ups to boot...Yeah/ All I can say is...WOW. :Emoticons04235:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Slathered in this tonight. My goodness this is so soft and dreamy and yet it has great staying power. I smell like a sugary sweet treat...and I'm perfectly ok with that :D

• 4 weeks later...

This has become one of my all-time faves. I am wary of anything too sugary, and somehow this is the perfect degree of sweetness -- very sweet but not too candied. It is mellowed (!) and grounded, with the tiniest earthy tint. I especially have loved it as a sleep scent -- it's quiet and rides close to the skin but once it goes on it has amazing staying power, and I love waking the next morning with the softest traces still hovering.

I love this in the oil, but I also got it in a spray, boosted with Heart and Soul, and it's wonderful -- when I want it for daytime use, I do a few spritzes on my throat and hair and I'm set for hours. It's subtle enough that I can wear it to work and not be intrusive with being overly scented, but a fun thing I find is that with H&S people are much more prone to spontaneously hug me when ending a conversation, and that almost always results in a fervent compliment about how good I smell!

Very interesting BC. I'm glad to know the scent holds it's body in spray form. You just added another to my wish list.

Yes, it really does. I was worried that it would lose that lovely skin-melding quality, but not to my nose. Obviously, when it goes on wet, there's the tang of alcohol, but it quickly settles down. I just put oil on one hand and spray on the right to do a comparison: the oil has a slightly heavier, warmer vibe but the spray really holds its own.

• 5 months later...

I just snagged a bottle of this from Artfire and I can't wait to try it!! I am loving the perfumes with Marshmallow (Flying Potion is one of my favs..so I am going to try the MM and FP together as Halo suggested!)...will edit when I have had a chance to try it!!! :)

OH! I think you will LOVE this then! It's absolutely DELICIOUS marshmallow, creamy, pillow-y, sticky and soft - YUM! Will watch for your update :)

I need to pull my bottle of Marsha Mellow out. I really loved it.. Last time the vetiver really jumped out on drydown but overall, it's the most perfect marshmallow scent. I love layering with BBM or OCCO White.

• 1 month later...

The kids have a bag of jumbo marshmallows & I was tempted to eat some, but I got caught up smelling the scent of them instead. I told my teen that I *need* to smell like this. His response: "Um, mom, you don't want people to devour you, do you!?" I kept it to myself, hehe. Anyway, my need to smell like that was satisfied when I found this sample, it's just perfect fluffy sweetness, yum!

• 1 year later...

First note, loud puffs of sugar and vertiver on a bed of faint marshmallow root...its...very...vertiver forward scent on me :lol:

Its sugared marshmallow root in the faaar background and the vertiver is parading around with drums.

Okay, i let it sit on me for a while now this has some throoow! Its simplified "flying potion 13" marshmallow with a warm base. I LOVE FP13.

Marsha has the similar "grainy/grity" marshmallow that is to die for and it has the same airy feel to it. The vertiver kinda threw me off, it wouldve been an interesting potion if it stuck around longer. None the less, this dried down to a tame, dermure vanilla marshmallow.

First note, loud puffs of sugar and vertiver on a bed of faint marshmallow root...its...very...vertiver forward scent on me :lol:

Its sugared marshmallow root in the faaar background and the vertiver is parading around with drums.

Okay, i let it sit on me for a while now this has some throoow! Its simplified "flying potion 13" marshmallow with a warm base. I LOVE FP13.

Marsha has the similar "grainy/grity" marshmallow that is to die for and it has the same airy feel to it. The vertiver kinda threw me off, it wouldve been an interesting potion if it stuck around longer. None the less, this dried down to a tame, dermure vanilla marshmallow.

I have to refrain from wearing this all the time. It's the perfect fluffy, light marshmallow scent on me. If you decide to ever get rid of yours, let me know!! I love the vetiver dry down. My bottle is about half gone and I love but also dread using it- because I don't want to run out lol!!!

• 2 years later...

I'm madly in love with this scent and I would basically kill for a bottle. So if anyone has a spare that might not get enough love, please sell it to me. I will take good care of it and I will hug it and squeeze it and love it and call it...er, Marsha. I guess. 

It's so pillowy soft and sweet and comforting, but with a tiny bit of a kick or a bite from the vetiver that has me huffing my wrists all day. And the next day. Because it really does have staying power!

I asked my husband what he thought of it last night. "It smells like marshmallows." So I told him that was appropriate because it's called Marsha Mellow. I don't think he's as taken with it as I am (although he did say he liked it, and he doesn't want me buying anymore perfume so he usually won't admit to liking them, lol), but I am totally taken with it so I don't care.

I desperately wish there would be a re-brew of this one.