Marsha Mellow

Beccah

So yes it wears light but it does last FOREVAH. When I woke up in the morning after wearing it to bed it was still going strong. Also, it is changing already in the bottle. Getting more marshmallowy and less vetivery...total opposite from when I first tried it. I need a bottle, I have a feeling it is only going to get better and better.

Does it wear at all like Baby Chicks, I love that one...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it wear at all like Baby Chicks, I love that one...

From what I remember of Baby Chicks, no not at all. That one was very sugary pink right? It did not work on me. I gave my sample away so I can't give you a comparison but no this is still marshmallow musk vetiver...it's not pink sweet. To me anyway.

From what I remember of Baby Chicks, no not at all. That one was very sugary pink right? It did not work on me. I gave my sample away so I can't give you a comparison but no this is still marshmallow musk vetiver...it's not pink sweet. To me anyway.

Yes, Baby Chicks is very pink....

Yeah there's no pink in this one and it's not as sweet.

I'm more into the pinks, but this one still intrigues me, I might have to get a sample, thanks for the help.

I'd describe it as an adult marshmallow. Light, but with a delicate depth. Sheer, sensual , perfume'ish, slightly sticky.

It is really sheer sexy light vanilla marshmallow and I agree you could layer with a pink. It's very layer-able. :)

Hmmm, this is totally not what I expected. When I first smelled it out of the vial, it smelled very much like a unisex fragrance. I was not getting any vanilla or marshmallow, just the vetiver and musk. I didn't try Steamy Daydreams, so I can't compare to that one, but that was unisex, right? So just like JD said, I am not judging this one on first sniff, and 20 minutes later, I can smell the marshmallow and vanilla mingling with the musk and veviter. It is not really an overly sweet scent, it has dried down to a fluffy musk scent. Nice!

Okay now I can talk about how much I love this! The other day I dabbed on my hands and cleavage. About 30 minutes later I forgot that I had applied and I started smelling marshmallow sugar.. it traveled in clouds around me, marshmallow has never done this before and I kept looking around to see who was eating cotton candy or s'mores because it smelled soooo good! It was me!!! Fb purchase for me boosted with SS4W. I am planning on perhaps purchasing a second in the future, there were just too many things from this month that I wanted so I have to wait for a second bottle - maybe boosted with balm bomb or benadryl. I really want a phero that is going to knock me out for sleepy time.. this scent would be perfect for that or walking around like an edible sexy marshmallow girl.

I had put rather a lot of this on upper arm while testing last night and went to sleep with my face in it too...and slept like a baby. It's a soothing and innocent kind of sweetness for me - interestingly I think it's the vetiver that gives it a fresh innocent vibe.

Edited by tyvey

I really need a FB of this! It's a really light marshmallow but goodness it has lasting power. Put this on HOURS ago and I still smell like powdery sweet fluff. My guy friend even said "damn you smell really good today!"

I layered with SS4W and it's an awesome combo! Happy sauce fo sho!

Tested out Marsha Mellow today w/ a divine off-ranch honeysuckle perfume. Added a speck of Leprechaun Luck because I only have a sample and am super stingy w/ it. Uh, yeah. Honeysuckle marshmallow works beautifully on me! I think it was because Marsha Mellow isn't a overly sugary or noticeably marshmallowy on me. I think the vetiver keeps the marshmallow in check so that it doesn't get too amped.

I could layer this with lots of scents or it is fully able to be worn on it's own as well. Damn, do you hear that sound? That is the sound of a person deciding they absolutely are buying a FB when they hadn't even had it on their radar.

Tested out Marsha Mellow today w/ a divine off-ranch honeysuckle perfume. Added a speck of Leprechaun Luck because I only have a sample and am super stingy w/ it. Uh, yeah. Honeysuckle marshmallow works beautifully on me! I think it was because Marsha Mellow isn't a overly sugary or noticeably marshmallowy on me. I think the vetiver keeps the marshmallow in check so that it doesn't get too amped.

I could layer this with lots of scents or it is fully able to be worn on it's own as well. Damn, do you hear that sound? That is the sound of a person deciding they absolutely are buying a FB when they hadn't even had it on their radar.

girrrrrl you don't have to 'splain yourself to me, I bought a fb as well and boosted that mofo with SS4W. I am considering another bottle too..

I want another bottle, like to boost just trying to think of what, don't want to change the scent to much..i'd like just a drop of cops in it or would that make it smell too much like umm you know?

I want another bottle, like to boost just trying to think of what, don't want to change the scent to much..i'd like just a drop of cops in it or would that make it smell too much like umm you know?

I picked Super Sexy because it's not snatchy. I don't know if the cops would do well with the vetiver. Maybe Luna or Mara could chime in.

Mara's the expert but I think a drop of two of cops wouldn't hurt it, and cops actually blend quite nicely with vetiver.

Whoa! This is sexy marshmallow musk on me! I'm so glad Tyvey challenged me to try a scent which I abhor on its own, (vetiver), when I first joined LP, otherwise I might have passed on Marsha Mellow, and missed out on what could be one of the sexiest scents I've ever had the pleasure to wear. I don't know exactly what it has in common with Halo's Angelique, but that's what it's reminding me of most. Maybe it's the same musk? The same amber? But then there's the marshmallow... Good grief, that marshmallow is a surprisingly sexy element in this scent! It's only vaguely sweet, more like the suggestion of sweetness than sweetness itself, which is so sexy. It kind of lends the impression that it's my skin that has the hint of sweetness, while the scent is providing the musky feeling. I may need to get another bottle at some point. I want to wear this with SS4W. Badly. And yes, a bottle with cops would be amazing, if it would cover. I think this would be a wonderfully versatile copped scent.

Hmmm, this is totally not what I expected. When I first smelled it out of the vial, it smelled very much like a unisex fragrance. I was not getting any vanilla or marshmallow, just the vetiver and musk. I didn't try Steamy Daydreams, so I can't compare to that one, but that was unisex, right? So just like JD said, I am not judging this one on first sniff, and 20 minutes later, I can smell the marshmallow and vanilla mingling with the musk and veviter. It is not really an overly sweet scent, it has dried down to a fluffy musk scent. Nice!

This one is a bit sweeter, and more feminine, of course.. but, yes, I can kind of see that.

Definitely a FB for me!

My notes for Marsha Mellow: Powdery, non-foody vanilla scent. A sophisticated & addictive scent. There si something about this that literally makes it very hard to stop smelling my sample vial.

DID SOMEBODY REALLY JUST BUY THE LAST BOTTLE OF THIS OUT FROM UNDER ME AS I WAS CHECKING OUT? Because it was in my cart but when I went to check out it said UNAVAILABLE. I AM FREEKING OUT

ETA nm it reappeared. *stops brandishing herring*

Edited by tyvey

DID SOMEBODY REALLY JUST BUY THE LAST BOTTLE OF THIS OUT FROM UNDER ME AS I WAS CHECKING OUT? Because it was in my cart but when I went to check out it said UNAVAILABLE. I AM FREEKING OUT

ETA nm it reappeared. *stops brandishing herring*

OMG. I just about had a heart attack about this! I can't afford another bottle until next month, and I know it probably won't last long enough for me to get my hands on a second bottle, but just the idea that it's going to sell out at some point? Boo. :( I love this one.

One of the reasons I waited on this one was because there seemed to be more in the cart than the others I wanted...like Kat Suit seemed really low from the start. But as we all know that is no guarantee, we've seen some record sell outs that's for sure! And this one really is addicting. It was a tough call this month.

The LP Lifestyle is one of many risks. Play your LP budget wrong and take your regrets to bed at night.

It was not me, got my bottle last month. When I saw the word "skin scent" I just had to risk it. Wow. cross my fingers for you Tyevy, maybe Mara will have some to restock, you might email her.

Edited by StacyK

Mmmm. YES. I'm a HUGE fan of EGG 2011 and this perfumed Marsha Mellow is divine in the vial. I'm beginning to realize what a fan I am of marshmallow but both EGG and MM aren't just foodie, EGG has a great sophisticated perfume quality to me (the amber and musk?) and I'm curious to see how vetiver will be different...

Edited 08/29

Wearing this today and - yes - it is WONDERFUL! A divine Marshmallow delight of creamy goodness on a bed of vanilla musk. I wish I could say what I thought vetiver brings/adds but what I can say is that this is scrumptious soft and fluffy and I am LOVING how I smell right now...LOVING.....

Edited by NuTrix

• 4 weeks later...

When I tried this last night the unrecognizable note was I'm guessing vetiver. I'm not familiar with this note and had to look it up. I was half expecting the definition to be, in lalaDinky's words, Jet Puffed Marshmallow Spread :) because when wet that's what I get. But vetiver is patchouli and lemon (so I read). With that in mind I get a faint vetiver with mostly marshmallow bedtime scent that drifts me into a pillowy nights rest. I woke up to lingering marshmallow, and wanna wear it all over again.

But vetiver is patchouli and lemon (so I read).

Maybe someone created an accord in that way, but vetiver is actually a plant, a type of grass, also known as khus.

How sweet would you all say this scent is? I keep noticing people wearing it a ton in the "what's your lp of the day" thread, and it has such good reviews here. I've been curious but afraid to get a sample off the trade forum out of fear it'll be too sweet. Double O kind of scared me in that respect and I know the only thing they have in common is vanilla, but when that month's scents were released, something just felt similar to me and made me shy away.

Luna I'll keep an eye out vetiver in other mixtures, sounds grounding and a bit exotic.

VexedGlory, to me it's a light billowy sweet just like a marshmallow, not heavy or too sugary. It's nice by itself but I could easily see this as a layering scent to give it depth and various ways to wear this.

How sweet would you all say this scent is? I keep noticing people wearing it a ton in the "what's your lp of the day" thread, and it has such good reviews here. I've been curious but afraid to get a sample off the trade forum out of fear it'll be too sweet. Double O kind of scared me in that respect and I know the only thing they have in common is vanilla, but when that month's scents were released, something just felt similar to me and made me shy away.

Have you ever gotten those really good (real) Marshmallows from Whole Foods ? it's like a few of those creamed with a splash of vetiver...smoothed all over its slightly sweet, sticky'ish and sensual. A "skin scent" that stays close.

It's not cakey like Double O.