Sandy Bottom

Beccah

AD-SandyBottom-LovePotion_1.jpg

CACTUS ~ Protection, endurance, warmth, love, inspiration, sacred gateway to the spirit world.
OLIVE LEAF ~ Peace, power, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.
TOMATO LEAF ~ Love attraction, repelling of negativity.
SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
COTTON / COTTON BLOSSOM ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.

Agent XXX and this one, Sandy Bottom, are the two I am most excited to get. I can't wait to slather it on, close my eyes and picture a day at the beach. :greensmilies-024:

The only one I've tried that has cactus in it (that I can think of) is Call of the Moon... my newest love. Although Sneaky Clean has cactus flower honey but that's not the same. Call of the Moon is really lovely and I'd say that, although I cannot say I know what it smells like, my thought is that it must be a bright/light herbal because Call of the Moon is a bright sweet citrus scent. There's nothing sharp in that perfume that I can make out. I bet Luna would be able to explain it better.

ETA: Maeia's Year of the Snake was all herbals: bamboo, spearmint, etc. No water accords. But, if you were to smell it, it definitely had a watery feel to it. You could sense there was water even if you couldn't see it from the list so I have a feeling that this may very well lend that same "sense".

Edited by StoremyWhether

This cactus is watery, not really green at all.

You have to create the feel of water with other things since water itself does not have a smell. I tried not to go green or greeny sweet or floral with this at all, per QGs vision.

This cactus is watery, not really green at all.

You have to create the feel of water with other things since water itself does not have a smell. I tried not to go green or greeny sweet or floral with this at all, per QGs vision.

If it hadn't been for Year of the Snake, I wouldn't have known that you could use something found in the desert to depict the ocean!! Year of the Snake is a marvel to me because it definitely smells like walking along a little pond. I think my nose may be becoming more discerning... yay!!!

Cactus is a succulent, though, and they're always watery.

The only cactus I really have anything to do with is aloe. LOL I guess the next time I break off a branch, I'll give it a sniff and see how it smells so I'll know for the next time!

Cactus has a very wet smell. In fact cacti are a great source of water in desert survival situations. I cannot wait to try this!

ETA: Because I know it will be delivered by Sandy Bottom herself ... :Emoticons0424:

Edited by quietguy

Cactus has a very wet smell. In fact cacti are a great source of water in desert survival situations. I cannot wait to try this!

ETA: Because I know it will be delivered by Sandy Bottom herself ... :Emoticons0424:

Well than you will have to take a picture of its delivery.... woot....LOL

Well than you will have to take a picture of its delivery.... woot....LOL

I'm thinking this would not include the free shipping Mara is wonderful with providing.

If A Net for Poseidon teaches us anything, it's that you have to drop in on Sandy to get her attention. :P

QG, what a fantastic idea you have here, and Mara & John executed it flawlessly!

Lala, no pee pee. I can't detect musk at all. In fact I can't say I can really"pull" the notes out of this one like I can with some, cause its blended so perfectly.

It is BLUE and Sun Gold. Its a cerulean sky without a cloud in sight,strong sunlight glinting on the water. You can feel the unvarnished bords of the deck beneath your feet. The air is hot and dry,not humid,and the only sounds are the gentle lapping of the waves against the the deck,and the whip of the wind in the sails from time to time. Maybe a radio and kids playing way far off on the shore,but that's far far away.

You are isolated and peaceful way out on the water. You close your eyes and breathe in, and your content. If only every day could be such a treasure...

So yeah. So far, this and Double OO are my faves. Stunning craftsmanship here. Round of applause to everyone who had a hand in it! :hearts0425:

Edited by cheeseburger79

QG, what a fantastic idea you have here, and Mara & John executed it flawlessly!

Lala, no pee pee. I can't detect musk at all. In fact I can't say I can really"pull" the notes out of this one like I can with some, cause its blended so perfectly.

It is BLUE and Sun Gold. Its a cerulean sky without a cloud in site,strong sunlight glinting on the water. You can feel the unvarnished bords of the deck beneath your feet. The air is hot and dry,not humid,and the only sounds are the gentle lapping of the waves against the the deck,and the whip of the wind in the sails from time to time. Maybe a radio and kids playing way far off on the shore,but that's far far away.

You are isolated and peaceful way out on the water. You close your eyes and breathe in, and your content. If only every day could be such a treasure...

So yeah. So far, this and Double OO are my faves. Stunning craftsmanship here. Round of applause to everyone who had a hand in it! :hearts0425:

OMG, that was the best review I have ever read. I want to go on that boat now.

It is BLUE and Sun Gold. Its a cerulean sky without a cloud in sight,strong sunlight glinting on the water. You can feel the unvarnished bords of the deck beneath your feet. The air is hot and dry,not humid,and the only sounds are the gentle lapping of the waves against the the deck,and the whip of the wind in the sails from time to time. Maybe a radio and kids playing way far off on the shore,but that's far far away.

Wow awesome review!!! I'm sad because I'm not there. I want to go there. I will try this one tomorrow! I'm all CUCHI and cakey right now.

CB, do you feel like you have that ass now?

Edited by StacyK

Ha! Lordy.

Well if ya could put 2 of em together maybe! :P

I like my big butt though, Hugo and I joke thats how I hooked a latin man.

And thanks ladies! I like to write,especially reviews.

Stacy, you should try Sandy with Cuchi tommorow(sounds PAINFUL! :D ),

ut really, it will smell like a beach vacation all the way!

Sandy Bottom was/is a NICE surprise, not at all what I expected, tomato leaf and olive leaf...hmmm ? but no, this works !

this reminds me of a Monte Blanc scent for men, I think of an impeccably dressed, european man....ggrrrr, Nice review Cheesy :)

this would be nice w/B2 (for me), like for bed time, I could drift off to sleep dreaming of having sex on the beach (and NO SAND !!!!)

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing: GQ you lucky MAN ! Very nicely done M & J !!

Ha! Lordy.

Well if ya could put 2 of em together maybe! :P

I like my big butt though, Hugo and I joke thats how I hooked a latin man.

And thanks ladies! I like to write,especially reviews.

Stacy, you should try Sandy with Cuchi tommorow(sounds PAINFUL! :D ),

ut really, it will smell like a beach vacation all the way!

oh wow I'm going to do it. Yep I'm intentionally going to get sand in my CUCHI.. LOL :D

Sandy Bottom was/is a NICE surprise, not at all what I expected, tomato leaf and olive leaf...hmmm ? but no, this works !

this reminds me of a Monte Blanc scent for men, I think of an impeccably dressed, european man....ggrrrr, Nice review Cheesy :)

this would be nice w/B2 (for me), like for bed time, I could drift off to sleep dreaming of having sex on the beach (and NO SAND !!!!)

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing: GQ you lucky MAN ! Very nicely done M & J !!

I just threw out a couple ideas - Mara was the one who did it. I can hardly wait to try now that I have read this.

QG, you're gonna love this!! Clean, watery, and crisp. Not green at all considering the plant life scents. The musk is to die for. I'll have to keep trying this one. Right now, it's wearing a bit too masculine on me, but i love the scent.

Oh my gosh!!! The way everyone has described this, I cannot wait to get this one!! I want to be on a boat floating in the ocean with children far, FAR, FAR away on the beach. LOL

Oh my gosh!!! The way everyone has described this, I cannot wait to get this one!! I want to be on a boat floating in the ocean with children far, FAR, FAR away on the beach. LOL

I just want to be on a boat floating far far away from life. I need to get out of the funk I'm in

I didn't want to get off topic (although it really could be used in conjunction with this) so I made a thread you can check out DD. You might not be able to get to the beach but if you have a pair of headphones, you can pretend.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8410

So nice. I put this on, and I'm instantly in Florida. I think the linen note is what makes this so different from every other sea breeze-based fragrance out there. It's like standing on the porch of a beach house with linen curtains blowing in the breeze and seaspray in the air. The only downside is, my head might be in Florida but I'm still stuck in Jersey.

So nice. I put this on, and I'm instantly in Florida. I think the linen note is what makes this so different from every other sea breeze-based fragrance out there. It's like standing on the porch of a beach house with linen curtains blowing in the breeze and seaspray in the air. The only downside is, my head might be in Florida but I'm still stuck in Jersey.

I love how you describe it as having a linen note

This is so sweet and clean and lovely. I'm not sure how much 'aquatic' I'm getting out of it, but it is refreshing and breezy to my brain... My fella tried this on a few days ago, and while I got some gentle sweetness on his skin, I didn't get any of the linen/masculine notes I'd hoped for. I may have to keep this one for myself! It's going to be SO NICE in this hot, humid weather!!

I didn't want to get off topic (although it really could be used in conjunction with this) so I made a thread you can check out DD. You might not be able to get to the beach but if you have a pair of headphones, you can pretend.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8410

I forgot to come back and thank you for posting this.

I got a very breezy linen note from this. Like standing on a wooden something with feel kinda wet, wearing linen. It didn't come off as aquatic to me or bluish which is the color I feel when I try something aquatic - it came off as more of a beige feeling, which was nice and serene. It felt very serene to me. It smelled very clean and like pale wood. Again a nice comforting soothing smell. Like soemthing was grazing my .. sandy bottom!

Oh this is nice. It's definitely breezy and clean almost soapy smelling. It's a very crisp and reminds me of clear skies and a blue oceanside. This would wear well on a man or woman. I'm usually a fan of very girlie scents but I would really wear this. This would be hot on a guy too tho. It's a sexy but clean smell.

I can't add much that everyone else hasn't already said. This was the one I was most looking forward to. I can picture being on the beach but it's not necessarily a tangy scent of ocean like I can envision in Mermaids of Atlantis. It's more a sense of sweet fresh breezes coming off the water, linen, warm sand between your toes. Bright sunshine with just enough warmth to feel comfortable. It's as lovely as I could have imagined. I think I will be wearing this one a lot for the rest of the summer!!

This is perfect - pretty much exactly how I envisioned it - just the way Mara and I talked about it. I think StoremyWhether described it perfectly: the ocean but not a stormy or still day when the smell of the salt water is strongest, more on a summer day with a good breeze; the slight scent of linen, maybe from a nearby clothesline or perhaps from the sails of the catamaran you might be on or the one that is beached nearby; and the warm smell of the sun and sand. Plus I can still smell the "warmth" on my skin almost 6 hours later - very few scents last this long - but this one does. My skin smells sunshine, linen warm. I can see this on working for men or women equally well as long as that "warm" scent blends with your skin which it does perfectly on mine. :thumbup::greensmilies-024:

Plus - I am trying to get something declassified ... :fingers-crossed: