Sandy Bottom

Beccah

This is perfect - pretty much exactly how I envisioned it - just the way Mara and I talked about it. I think StoremyWhether described it perfectly: the ocean but not a stormy or still day when the smell of the salt water is strongest, more on a summer day with a good breeze; the slight scent of linen, maybe from a nearby clothesline or perhaps from the sails of the catamaran you might be on or the one that is beached nearby; and the warm smell of the sun and sand. Plus I can still smell the "warmth" on my skin almost 6 hours later - very few scents last this long - but this one does. My skin smells sunshine, linen warm. I can see this on working for men or women equally well as long as that "warm" scent blends with your skin which it does perfectly on mine. :thumbup::greensmilies-024:

Plus - I am trying to get something declassified ... :fingers-crossed:

oooh, a secret.... can't wait!!!

This turned out really perfect QG. You and Mara created a perfect beach scent that anyone can wear.

DD, you definitely need to get this and wear it with your headphones on. I think this one is absolutely perfect with the beach sounds!

This turned out really perfect QG. You and Mara created a perfect beach scent that anyone can wear.

I just threw out a couple ideas. Mara created the scent. It was her nose all the way.

No one knows like Mara's nose, that's for sure!! I just think its such a great thing that she allows everyone to come up with ideas and themes and take that and turn it into reality. Who else does that?

oooh, a secret.... can't wait!!!

DD, you definitely need to get this and wear it with your headphones on. I think this one is absolutely perfect with the beach sounds!

I'm hoping I can get it next pay day.... With the kids home all day and me at work all day the electric bill was double what it normally is because we used twice the amount of AC... I have now properly explained to the kids that due to their dads job loss, we are suffering as well because I now have to make all of the bills on just my salary. God I hate being so bitchy with the kids because I'm stressing over money.

I knew this wasn't a Halo scent but after reading the reviews I had to try it. Wet it was all tomato leaf but that faded very quickly. Next came the linen note, that also faded after a few more minutes. So now I am left with a very faint watery clean brisk skin scent. I will give this to my man because he likes aquatics. Glad I tried it. The morphing it did was a fun ride.

That's too bad that it didn't work for you Halo. :( It's really sad when something that sounds so good (yeah, speaking to you Frambuesa) just doesn't want to work on your skin. Is it a certain note for you that tends to go the wrong direction?

I couldn't really separate the tomato scent leaf when i first tested this, but this morning, I was watering the plants and I leaned in towards my tomatoes and i thought, hmm...that smells good. sort of deep, earthy and tangy. I never paid any attention to it before but it's a pleasant scent. I went right inside and grabbed my vial of Sandy Bottom and slathered. I think it's the tomato leaf on top of the sandalwood that's making it go masculine. I still love it though. I might dab a bit of something sugared to help me out.

Quince will love this, I know, because it's so clean; for me the watery aspect is more like "juicy stems" rather than the ocean, even for the saltiness, but I think the drydown is really nice; it's smooth and just a touch deep from the musk, but the sandalwood isn't too loud at all. It stays clean in its overall evocation. I appreciate that this is an aquatic which doesn't give me a headache!

from A Net for Poseidon: an Agent Null adventure

by Julian Lune

Sandy had been incredibly hospitable to her surprise guests, allowing them to shower and change into clean clothes, but she was puzzled after searching through their dive gear.

"You really didn't bring any weapons?" she asked incredulously, coming out to the veranda where Null and Pov sat sipping mojitos and setting up a chess board. They seemed thoroughly uninterested in the wide seascape behind them, as cerulean-tinged water tumbled onto white sand and the sun rendered the horizon line just the thinnest of divisions between shades of blue. Occasional clouds continued a stately procession above them, pushed along by a constant refreshing breeze.

"I didn't believe they'd make a good hostess gift," Null quipped, and flashed her a charming smile.

Sandy rolled her eyes. "What the hell are you playing at, Null? You know I wouldn't hesitate to put you in the hospital...and guess what? We don't have one!"

"We are knowing not to piss you off," Pov said, assembling the pieces on the black side of the board.

"You'll just have to wait and see, Sandy. Besides, wasn't it getting boring out here for you?"

"Dude, I have the internet."

"Tell me something," Null began as she pulled up a chair and drank a diet soda. "Why would you want to waste all your talents and skills on becoming a crime boss? Not a high survival rate in that line of work, you know."

"Oh my god, you came all the way out here to be my guidance counselor? Are you serious?!"

"Utterly. The smartest women I've ever known all seem to be on the side of malice and I find it quite disturbing."

"Not to mention dangerous," Pov interjected, which earned him A Look from his companions. "What?" he continued, taking a package of Sobranies from a special waterproof pouch, "I am just saying!"

"Well shit, we might as well build a campfire and sing 'Kumbaya' then, if that's your game," Sandy cracked, fixing Null with a smirk.

"Does your father despair of you being such a smartass?" he asked in reply.

"When he does, he just calls for a plane and tells me to go shopping. And then I come back with more weapons."

"Oh so you have plenty, then. Good thing too."

She laughed at him, long and loud and mocking. "You are crazy, dude. And they do say that about you."

"What are they saying about me?" Pov inquired, donning a pair of aviator sunglasses and looking up at the sky. "Am I needing the sunscreen do you think?"

"That you're, like, the most depressing guy in the Comissariat ever."

Pov tilted the shades and looked down his perfect nose at Sandy. "Oh no, I am the second most depressing guy. Ivan Mastroyanovitch is still the first even though he is being quite deceased. He was just that depressing."

"So if we have a campfire, can we make s'mores?" Null asked with a hopeful lilt.

Sandy stood up and seemed to ponder the suggestion. "If not we can always roast some Twinkies; we've got, like, a ton, 'cause they'll last forever."

"Feh! American chocolate is so disgusting," Pov muttered.

"You really are depressing," Null countered as the two sat back and considered strategies upon the board.

Now I know why the stores are always empty of the newly released Twinkies!!! Love the continuation Luna!!! I think I'm beginning to have a thing for Pov.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I ONLY JUST SAW THIS STORY

IS LIKE FINDING A ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL IN A JACKET POCKET

HAS ANYONE REALLY ROASTED TWINKIES? THAT SOUNDS EXTREMELY DELICIOUS

In vial and wet this POWERFULLY evokes sailboat deck and the snap of sailcloth. Fantastic. It is veering rather masculine on me but then most unisex things go that way on me. Very clean and bright -- blindingly sunny -- and yet very sexy in a non smutty way. The rare aquatic that doesn't give me a headache!

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

My notes for Sandy Bottom: Fresh, aquatic-green type scent for men. There is really something about LP's green/aquatic notes that smell like you just snapped open a plant stalk & are sniffing it directly. I don't get a unisex feel from this one. It's all man to my nose.

Do you think the olive leaf is making you feel this is green? That's weird how you're picking up green. I'm always surprised at how everyone smells something different. This was not green on me at all. It was soft and felt warm not sharp like what some greens smell like to me. I think someone mentioned this had a euro type of feel to it very sexy, I totally agree. It's like a sexy comfy scent. A woman could totally pull this off.

This is really pretty, but Headache City! :( I couldn't even get it onto my skin, every time I've opened the trial vial I get a whopper from the florals. (I always wonder why some work, and others don't. I positively love some florals. Others are firmly in the Poke-Eggers-in-the-Third-Eye camp). I'm gonna let BF try it, but I think it's a little too feminine for his tastes, (although I daresay he'll be a big fan of the label! :lol: ). If he doesn't want it, it'll be up with the other samples on my trade page soon, dagnabbit!

• 2 weeks later...

QG described this almost perfectly. This is one watery scent I can say seems more masculine to me. It's like a nice day by the coast. I get something crisp, linen and water, but no sweetness, and it's not "cold" either.

That said, it's more masculine, but TOTALLY still wearable for women if you go for this kind of scent (which I do).

• 1 month later...

I absolutely loved loved loved the evolution of this on me today. It still veered a tad masculine at first, but it turned warmer and sweeter and rounder all day long -- and 13 hours after application was still going strong -- became less masculine and more ...not feminine exactly, but coolly, androgynously classic. If anything it seemed to get stronger later in the wear.

• 10 months later...

I was looking for something for a mood lift without pheros as I am feeling like shit. Was looking for The Sun but couldn't find, so put this on instead. Immediately took me to a happy place of course, but here to report that I impulsively smeared on some unCB for no reason and smeared together, and to my great surprise, sandy bottom covered it completely and immediately. I don't know about a few hours from now - sometimes covers burn off a bit and the est swingset pole emerges - but so far, total coverage. Wow! Would never have expected that.

I was looking for something for a mood lift without pheros as I am feeling like shit. Was looking for The Sun but couldn't find, so put this on instead. Immediately took me to a happy place of course, but here to report that I impulsively smeared on some unCB for no reason and smeared together, and to my great surprise, sandy bottom covered it completely and immediately. I don't know about a few hours from now - sometimes covers burn off a bit and the est swingset pole emerges - but so far, total coverage. Wow! Would never have expected that.

thanks for this Tyvey! I always love the straight, impromptu reviews that are so real and not carbon copies of scent notes, etc. And we can always count on Uz 2B realz so that's why when I see the sugared pine needles I know I get that sudden shot of cold ski run air reality that I love in winter & in a review.

:D and I can confirm that there was NO peek-through even much later on! It's always nice discovering things that cover so well, that you would never think would....I remember wondering how on earth the Love Blossom notes would cover the cops in LAM but they did incredibly, and ever since I've made a note "when in doubt, try" because you never know...