Melissa's Creamy Iris

tyvey

Sorry to start this and not let its creator do it, hope you don't mind, but I can't wait. THIS IS SIMPLY AMAZING. Instantly one of my all time favorite PEs. Mara's description of this as "creamy blue" is true -- it is a gorgeous, creamy indeed, opaque, dense, yet shimmery-surfaced pale blue. It feels clean and innocent but not in a young way. I think this must smell to me the way sneaky clean smells to everyone else:)

This is the first blue I remember really really really loving anywhere ever...and I think it may be because the iris doesn't actually feel straight up floral. It comes off more like a mellow sweet flavoring...like violet in my wonderland.

Sorry to start this and not let its creator do it, hope you don't mind, but I can't wait. THIS IS SIMPLY AMAZING. Instantly one of my all time favorite PEs. Mara's description of this as "creamy blue" is true -- it is a gorgeous, creamy indeed, opaque, dense, yet shimmery-surfaced pale blue. It feels clean and innocent but not in a young way. I think this must smell to me the way sneaky clean smells to everyone else:)

This is the first blue I remember really really really loving anywhere ever...and I think it may be because the iris doesn't actually feel straight up floral. It comes off more like a mellow sweet flavoring...like violet in my wonderland.

WHAAAAAAAT DAMMIT no not wonderland!! I love the violet in wonderland!

This doesn't smell like violet , to be clear! I just mean that the way the violet in that is a not-too-sweet food-flavor, - the iris acts the same in this one. It acts like another food like the coconut here (chocolate in my wonderland's case) and does a great job fitting in and pretending to be food :)

I am still flipping out over this. In this later drydown it is smooth and powdery and less foody, more like a fancy French hotel's subtle laundry smell. I mean this as a high compliment in case it's not obvious.

Not on me at all, but it never is so you shouldn't take my word & maybe wait on more reviews?

The coconut of this reminds me of Amazonian zee a bit: a grown up, non suntan lotiony creamy dreamy coconut.

Not on me at all, but it never is so you shouldn't take my word & maybe wait on more reviews?

The coconut of this reminds me of Amazonian zee a bit: a grown up, non suntan lotiony creamy dreamy coconut.

Dammit know I really need to know if there's an extra bottle somewhere

• 2 months later...

I am wearing blue shirt today so it felt like a day to wear one of my blue scents as well. And this one is just gorgeous!

It somehow feels absolutely luxurious, like I need an evening gown and a diamond necklace to wear with it. It is fresh, blue and creamy, with that yummy twist of coconut. It wears light, but staying power is great. And on me it gets fresher on longer drydown, but there's still always that wonderful silky creamy layer underneath.

I'm so happy I snagged a bottle of this, as I love creamy florals and also don't own many 'clean' type of scents that would work for me.

Me too fleur, that's what i love about this- it's beautifully foody and creamy while being blue - extraordinary combination - Mara did describe it absolutely perfectly and yet I did not realize how amazing it would be til I tried it - was hesitant about the floral and the 'clean' part - it's a real standout no? Should have gotten another bottle...

• 2 years later...

I just had a super fast shower and put on a strappy nightdress and a silky short dressing gown. I reached fir one of the perspex stadiums I keep my stash in and looked for something with cops (mine have 3drops per bottle) and oh my goodness. This has kept well! I feel like a 1940's starlet!

It is powdery and sweet and slightly different with each sniff. It's iris but yes, almost violet, a parma violet sweet type violet. It does have that lickable kind of smell. Mara really did the most fantastic job with this. Had Vivienne Westwood made a blue, classier flanker for Boudoir, this should have been it.

If the bf doesn't go wild when he gets in I shall think there is definitely something wrong with him!

Please do try it with a teeny teeny smidge of cops!

• 6 months later...

This is aging so nicely. I soaked the ribbon bow on my bra with this today and oh my goodness. I got whiffs of something delicious all day, I kept doing that thing where you smell something lovely and it takes you five minutes to go ohhhh duh! It's me! I had four and a half hours sleep last night and I have run around all afternoon on a happy cloud of Iris. I know I can't really take the credit for this as Mara blended it but I get really proud when I wear this, like hey this was such a good idea :)