Greetings! ^_^

Fleur

Hello everyone! :hearts0425:

I am a European 26 yo nerdy scientist girl who uses pheromones and nowadays is also in love with LP fragrances. I’ve been lurking here for a while reading reviews and other valuable information, and now after placing another big order (my 4th by now) decided to finally introduce myself.

Some people here know me from Pherotruth forums as that is the place I initially found out about LP. I started with ordering couple of unscented mone blends and also added some perfume samples just to see what everyone is raving about. Not all the scents I got worked for me but I found some that were absolutely amazing and made me want more. Now I am totally hooked and happy with it! :)
Pheromone blends I got from LP proved to be good too, but now I prefer pheromone enhanced fragrances to them as I think matching scent greatly enhances pheromone effects and Mara does amazing job with her scent creations.

I am definitely not good at describing fragrances but I’ll try to participate and will continue to learn from all of you. Any advices are always welcome as I am all about obtaining knowledge

Scent wise I tend to like ambers & light musks (TMI), soft misty florals(think 4th dimension, Promise) and creamy vanilla based delicious goodness that is not too sweet (Beth’s Blushing Milkmaid). I don’t like heavy resinous scents and anything with patchouli or (dark) chocolate. Fruits can be tricky too; mostly everything exotic goes too sharp/sweet on me. Surprisingly I like my Buttercream Peach LAM bottle though. I would not even think of buying it but I got Shen Tao sniffie with my first order and was totally in love with it so I wanted to try something similar. I think it’s the buttercream that makes those two good for me. Citrusy notes are usually nice on me, unless too sweet, but I am not too fond about them being main accent in fragrances. Honey can be nice too; Phero Girl and OCCO SLF smell great on me, but the sweetness makes me want to rotate them with some lighter and fresher scents.

I love that Mara sends those free sniffie packs with orders, those have helped me to discover some great scents that I wouldn’t have tried based on their descriptions. Latest two sniffie surprises were Saturday Night Special and Halo’s Cocoa Lily, so I had to get both with my order in addition to bunch of other interesting stuff. Rum and berries usually scare me off, but Saturday Night Special is so wonderfully balanced that it works great. As for Cocoa Lily, well, real lilies always give me crazy headaches and I never liked scent of chocolate so again, those two notes in name and description turn me off with no doubts. But apparently on me it is creamy marshmallow based lily of the valley and is absolutely gorgeous.

Now have huge order coming so will have plenty fragrances to test. Coconut Breeze is something I am very excited about as is basically everything else. Can’t wait to get that package :)

Oh, I wanted to write a short introduction but all that just kept coming to my mind… Well, I guess no one doubts now that I do like Love Potion fragrances very much. :Emoticons04263:

:Love09751:

Fleur

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you are already becoming as addicted as everyone else. :D Will be looking forward to your reviews and thoughts. This is a great place to pass around ideas.

Hi Fleur!

I'm very much a newcomer to the boards myself, but I just wanted to say welcome. I, too, felt I was "not good" at describing fragrances, but people here were very encouraging, and I've posted my first couple of reviews and people were very kind. So I just wanted to encourage you to jump on in. (Plus, it's pretty clear from what you've written here that you are quite skilled at talking about what works for you, and what doesn't, and why!)

I look forward to reading about everything that's in your huge order. My big package is on the way too! :cat690: What fun we're all going to have!

Oh, and Coconut Breeze has been without a doubt one of my all time favorites. I'll be eager to hear what you think!

Sounds like you are already becoming as addicted as everyone else. :D

You nailed it! :lol:

Hi Fleur!

I'm very much a newcomer to the boards myself, but I just wanted to say welcome. I, too, felt I was "not good" at describing fragrances, but people here were very encouraging, and I've posted my first couple of reviews and people were very kind. So I just wanted to encourage you to jump on in. (Plus, it's pretty clear from what you've written here that you are quite skilled at talking about what works for you, and what doesn't, and why!)

I look forward to reading about everything that's in your huge order. My big package is on the way too! :cat690: What fun we're all going to have!

Oh, and Coconut Breeze has been without a doubt one of my all time favorites. I'll be eager to hear what you think!

Thank you for all that encouragement!

:nice04271:

And I actually read your review on Coconut Breeze in it's thread before ordering, now you're making me even more excited about getting it! On paper it seems awesome with all notes I like and great reviews, but I'll have to try for myself to know for sure. Definitely will be reporting on that one. :love:

Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Thank you! :)

Welcome!! You should try Fleur de Vanille. It's a softly floral vanilla and isn't too sweet on me (on me at least).

AND it matches my forum ID! Shame I did not find it earlier, definitely putting it on my wishlist now :)

Many thanks for suggesting it :love:

Edited by Fleur

Welcome Fleur!!

Sounds like you have done your LP research and are really figuring out what you like! that's great...isn't it interesting that ones we thought we would never like end up being favorites? Mara is such a magickal blender, who knows how she does it?

Looking forward to getting to know you more...

Welcome to the greatest place on earth! (like you didn't see that coming from me???)

Good to see you here at last!...I knew it was only a matter of time :D

Welcome Fleur! You will love it here! : )

No doubts on that! :)

Welcome to the greatest place on earth! (like you didn't see that coming from me???)

Good to see you here at last!...I knew it was only a matter of time :D

Haha! I could not resist for too long, this place is indeed great

:cheers04251:

PS...

I LOOOOVE you're avi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS...

I LOOOOVE you're avi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Tiara from very old anime called Shamanic Princess. Or her battle form actually. That's one of most stylish and beautifully drawn animes I've ever seen.

Here's another pic from it:

Sara-shamanic-princess-5203242-702-478.j

Welcome Fleur!!!!

I'm glad ya decided to step outta the shadows and join the party!! :D

We do have a blast here! I think you'll find it the most genuine,down to earth and fun loving forum community ever!

There's a, bit of good natured ribbing and debate here, but we are a very low drama group.

Personally, when I joined LP, I was initially attracted to the pheros too. Before being here,I really hadn't heard much about them and wasn't even aware that there was more than one kind. Boy, have I learned alot since then! But-the longer I've been here experiencing Maras scents, the pheros have taken the backseat and really become more of a secondary "bonus" to the beautiful perfumes here. I'm smitten with them, and I find that they enhance my mood as well as the moods of others very well on their own.

I'll toss in another vote for Fleurs de Vanille too. I tried it for the first time yesterday(thanks BB!), and its lovely!

As we get to know you, I'm sure we will have many more suggestions for ya.

Good to meet you, and again: :welcome384:

Welcome Fleur! Reading your scent preferences, you MUST get Fleur de Vanille! It has the perfect balance of soft florals and sweet vanilla.

Thanks! I'm getting that one for sure :)

Welcome Fleur!!!!

I'm glad ya decided to step outta the shadows and join the party!! :D

We do have a blast here! I think you'll find it the most genuine,down to earth and fun loving forum community ever!

There's a, bit of good natured ribbing and debate here, but we are a very low drama group.

Personally, when I joined LP, I was initially attracted to the pheros too. Before being here,I really hadn't heard much about them and wasn't even aware that there was more than one kind. Boy, have I learned alot since then! But-the longer I've been here experiencing Maras scents, the pheros have taken the backseat and really become more of a secondary "bonus" to the beautiful perfumes here. I'm smitten with them, and I find that they enhance my mood as well as the moods of others very well on their own.

I'll toss in another vote for Fleurs de Vanille too. I tried it for the first time yesterday(thanks BB!), and its lovely!

As we get to know you, I'm sure we will have many more suggestions for ya.

Good to meet you, and again: :welcome384:

You're so wonderful! I am enjoying LP forums a lot, all the fragrance information and just general chitchat here.

And I am a believer in Mara's fragrance magic now, completely understand you in that. I still love experimenting with pheromone blends from many vendors though, but they also seem work significantly better when paired with proper LP scents. And on the days I'm not wearing pheromones for any reason, great perfumes do add that spark regardless.

On another note, I'd like to throw in a sample of something coffee-smelling with my next order, but could not find anything that would excite me desription-wise. I'd love something like Velvet Coffee Cream hydrating water but in a perfume form. Encens de Café seems to be heavy on dark resins that generally make me nauseous, and Bananoffee Coffee is probably too sweet for my liking (but that one I think I'd try anyway). Is there anything else with coffee but no chocolate/resins that would come to your mind?

I am a lifetime tea and coffee lover (and do choose this addiction over going for healthy non-coffeinated life) and the aroma is always a huge part of drinking experience. And I am heavily convinced that good coffee always has to have rich wonderful aroma or there is something wrong with it. So I am just curious if that feeling is possible to recreate wearing a perfume.

And I found an old thread about Tyvey's Coconut Coffee Ice Cream PE that sounds exactly like what I'm thinking about. Too bad it's long gone :)

Well, I guess I should ask for advice in a proper forum section, and here it is just as a part of introducing myself :cheers04251:

:stars188:

You could search for Tyveys Coconut coffeee Ice Cream on the trade threads...or send out an ISO. All the coffee scents I can think of have chocolate in them...Velvet Kisses, Tittillating Temptress...

Vamp Cafe is soooo gorgeous. it is in the $10 bin too. Maybe you would like that?

Thank you for the suggestions!

There is Patchouli paste listed in Vamp Cafe description, and I am apparently very sensitive to patchouli. In LP Original/Black/Red I can smell it without opening the vials and it totally grosses me out. I'll have to gift those vials to someone I guess...

Perhaps I could incorporate my coffee or tea scent ideas in a PE one day. But that'll be in a distant future I think, there is much to learn before that.

Hi Fleur! I just wanted to say, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're already having lots of fun here! :D

Thanks! I sure am having fun here :)

Welcome...home :lol:

Through good timing on my part,I was able to sang the last bottle of Tyvey's CCIC ,and yes it is luscious :icecream:

...next to that Tyvey's Coffee Cake has been my go to for a delicous sweet but not too sweet coffee scent for awhile,just reserved another back up for a back up on the sale...then yummy Baskery became a fav,which is gone now but for a few samples,as of this time...Titilating Temptress is a stronger coffee,with a nice Cops boost...a great pick me up scent!

Welcome...home :lol:

Through good timing on my part,I was able to sang the last bottle of Tyvey's CCIC ,and yes it is luscious :icecream:

...next to that Tyvey's Coffee Cake has been my go to for a delicous sweet but not too sweet coffee scent for awhile,just reserved another back up for a back up on the sale...then yummy Baskery became a fav,which is gone now but for a few samples,as of this time...Titilating Temptress is a stronger coffee,with a nice Cops boost...a great pick me up scent!

Thanks Calii! Both for the warm welcome and for sharing your thoughts on coffee scents! :)

I was thinking that Tyvey's Coffee Cake would be too sweet, but you made me want it NOW! I'll have to put it on my wishlist in case I deside to place another order before the sale is over. Not sure if my wallet will agree with it though :D

Edited by Fleur