Intellectual Woman

I wore IW today layered w/Celestial Dust (that I love), but I had an odd reaction, perhaps it was just the "vibes" in the office, but I felt combative, crabby, short tempered. There was definitely 'something' going on, but could put my finger on it, at times even felt 'threatened', as though they were deliberately provoking a 'situation, weird at the very least. Is there something in IW that could/would trigger that kind of reaction from ME or THEM ?? Not familiar w/behavioral outcomes of ingredients involved w/IW (newbie to phero anything) ? does this make sense?

liz :)

Interesting, because that blend is supposed to encourage companionability. I look forward to hearing the views of the more experienced phero users here.

Well, I wore it last weekend (along with a healthy dose of EoW), and I didn't have any bad reactions. Got into some pretty deep conversations with my sweetie, though (probably due to the beta-nol).....BUT, I am still in the early stages of testing with this one.....

Edited by Dolly

I have used it - and it does exactly what it is supposed to in my case. Men were very attentive and eager to do stuff for me, looks from many others passing by, I went out for drinks with friends and I was wearing it. The guy I was meeting "noticed" when I first walked up to him - (like he had a bit of an animalistic, noticing you type of look) but he then hid it very well the rest of the time (he is in a relationship and we are just friends although there is chemistry). The woman accompanying us (who is a lesbian) was a little combative. Some of the bartenders (both female) I caught looking at me from the bar. Like an open stare, observing, like trying to figure out out my mojo was...

Once I was wearing cuddle bunny with these two at a restaurant - I think the waitress was a lesbian because after I snuck some on, she started getting really nervous around me. Looking like she didn't want to mess up and be embarrassed in front of me when telling us the specials. I have no idea why theres so many lesbian interactions...as I am not one.

Hey can anyone tell me if or when more EST is coming??????? I've been strapped financially with a situation I must attend to and could not order for some time.. Someone please enlighten me.

Interesting, because that blend is supposed to encourage companionability. I look forward to hearing the views of the more experienced phero users here.

That's precisely why I purchased it. I wasn't implying that IW was responsible for my behavior, I've used it quite a bit and never had that kind of reaction, just asking if anyone had experienced anything similar, it could just be that I was having a bad day. Wore it again (IW) today, the day went fine.

liz

Edited by liz

I wore this today coupled with Night of the Fae. I had an appointment with my attorney, and He commented on my scent, but The things I could tell that were different were that he treated me a bit more like an equal, asked my opinion on some things regarding my divorce from hell, and seemed to act like my "stock value" had gone up a bit. I liked what i saw! :)

• 5 months later...

This sounds like a really interesting blend. I was looking for something with EST that doesn't have the sex component after reading the EST thread. EST looks like something I'd be interested in but I don't want to get the 1oz bottle.

Can anyone offer anymore experiences they've had when wearing this? From what I've read it sounds like it works mostly through creating better compatibility and respect. This one didn't catch my eye originally because I was thinking it would be more alpha and give off too much of an intellectual vibe which made me think more along the lines of 'workplace' but from the few reviews I've read, it sounds like I'm putting too much stock in the 'intellectual' name and this blend is more complex than that. Like it would be good for relationships in general, especially ones where other person might not lean toward giving you much respect - sort of puts you on equal ground so to speak. Does that make sense?

Can anyone offer anymore experiences they've had when wearing this?

I really like this one. I tend to like the more "objective" type pheromones, like Beta-Androstenol (my current favorite because it gives off a serious vibe and that is congruent on me) or Alpha-Androstenol (a lot of fun, but it can make things a little silly :018A1D~14: , and this can sometimes lead to co-workers thinking you lack bandwith). I also like "Treasured Hearts," "True Confessions," and "Drop Your Guard."

I've worn "Intellectual Woman" at meetings and everyone listens to me and is respectful. It really is a good work blend and I love "La Vie De Boheme Femme" because it contains "Intellectual Woman." I would really recommend "Intellectual Woman" and the perfume blends that contain this pheromone mix for work.

• 3 months later...

I wear this one to work, infact it's the only one I will deliberately wear to work, there's an attorney that I was having some difficulties with, he's opinionated, old school, chauvinistic, cocky SOB, you name it.... he's it. When I have to deal with him and I wear IW, he's a "cream puff" !! to be more precise, I may not be an atty, but I'm not an idiot, silly me.... I went to school for Agronomy and I can milk a cow, can he ? :rolleyes:

Edited by liz

What I find with this blend is that it tends to help focus people in a situation where focus is necessary...encouraging trust, I think. Because even in circumstances where you might be the acknowledged "expert," it doesn't always mean you will be treated as such, and this mix encourages those types of positive perceptions as long as you deliver on the promise. I emphasize that because if you're just snowing people with a perception which you can't sustain, then pheros aren't going to help you, ultimately.

Nice, I'm considering wearing this to school (I'm in college) & since I'm much older than most of the students (I'm 34) I would like to attract the intellectual men, not the players. :018A1D~14:

I think IW might be just the ticket for you, coffeemama. When I wear it (in La Vie Boheme) I notice people are friendly and notice me, but not in a leering provocative way. Doesn't make me or anyone else a chatterbox and doesn't make strangers rub up against you, if you get my drift....pretty perfect for a campus where you want to stand out but don't necessarily want to spike the testosterone meter.

Well, other than the lady in the hardware store who grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go, but we'll just chalk that up to my living in weirdsville. Hell, she really liked the perfume, I guess.

DH wears the men's version, often for "office meeting" days and he feels it calms everyone down and that they listen to him more.

Great! I have a sample of La Vie Boheme (Femme) coming to me with my monthly sampler so I'll report back with any results. :018A1D~14:

I have noticed when I wear Super for Women that men will got out of their way to make physical contact (no groping, just those "accidental" touchings) & some guys literally whip around & talk to me with out knowing I was even there in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

I've worn La Vie De Boheme Femme twice this week & I definitely noticed the effects. First of all I was asked my opinion on a group project & the guys in my group actually took my opinion into consideration. Plus I noticed that I was much more confident in my answers, I tend to second guess myself.

I've never worn cops before, but when I was using the elliptical in the gym, I was the only woman in there & there were 6 or 7 guys working out & these guys kept walking past me, often & with peacock struts, so I'm pretty sure it was the cops effecting them.

I really love this phero blend! :w00t:

• 1 month later...
Guest Lor

after exploring more of these mixes and what they consist of,

i cant wrap my head around how this isnt flying off the shelf!

i dont know the "amounts" of what, but the combo sounds fabulous....

Oh I'm wondering the same Lor!

I love this one, it's one of my staples for work! I have the UN IW and I use it a lot, often in combination with UN Dominance or Mx300. It's brilliant for giving of that intelligent and competent vibe but without loosing the sassy or feminine vibe and become the bitchy boss

• 4 weeks later...

Intellectual Woman was one of the first products I bought here. The day after I got it, I had to go to Sam's Club to pick up my new glasses and one of the guys there was kinda cute, so I put some on to see if I got any reactions. (Just a few swipes on my wrists, and one on each side of my neck)

Got to Sam's Club...the cute guy wasn't there (typical!). An older (late 40s maybe) guy was there working by himself that day. Last time I went in, he was kind of a jerk, ignoring people and basically giving attitude to everyone.

I walked up to the counter and he looked up at me from the other side of the store like I was ruining his day or something. I smiled and told him I was just there to pick up my glasses. He grunted and stomped off to get them from inside the office.

Once he came within smelling distance of my phero cloud, his attitude completely changed. He got more relaxed and made some small talk asking how my day was going. When I tried the glasses on to see if the prescription was right, he actually SMILED and said they really suited me and then brought me a little hand mirror over from the other side of the store! NOT typical behavior for this guy!

I took them off and was about to put them back in the case and he was like "Oh I think these need a little adjusting" He put them back on me and then bent the frame a little so they would fit better. It was like the Intellectual Woman turned him into a complete pussycat!!!

The change was really shocking. He didn't want me to leave! As I was putting my stuff in my bag, he told me his name and the days he worked and said if I ever needed anything else I should come back and ask for him!!! Nice, but really wierd considering how grumpy he was before!

Thinking about it later, I remembered that the Intellectual Woman has a lot of EST in it. I knew that older guys are supposed to respond well to EST but I had never actually seen it in action before today. It's freakin' dramatic!

Conclusion: Not the hit I wanted, but THIS WORKS FOLKS!!!

• 2 months later...

I was just reading the reviews and I recognize some of the same reactions with this oil: People taking you seriously in general and men being more chivalrous at work and outside, bringing me coffee etc.

Maybe that does not seem like a big deal but being me (a 6 feet tall woman with a..ahem temper) men NEVER bring me coffee or hold the door. Plus, I work in a very male dominated environment where you have to act like one of the guys.

So, after staring wearing La Vie de Boheme oil I noticed a big difference in attitude towards me, friendliness and openness - and paired with the Like A Magnet...well, talk about honey to the bees...

I am getting myself Intellectual Woman and I really hope LPMP will keep making this pheromone combination. :sock puppet shaking no ha:

• 7 months later...

I wore this tonight to a group gathering, conversation was flowing and there was lots of laughter. I have no idea if things would have been different without it, but I like the way it smells even without a cover scent. And I had a good time!

Edited by perfumesniffer

I wore this tonight to a group gathering, conversation was flowing and there was lots of laughter. I have no idea if things would have been different without it, but I like the way it smells even without a cover scent. And I had a good time!

I have that little quirk too - I love the smell of IW unscented. Powdery Metal!

I love the Intellectual Man as well - powdery male metal...

Intellectual Woman is one of my sneaky faves - I have it in a couple different scents and La Vie as well. Always get good, if not Over-The-Top reactions when I wear it.

And then there's SS4M...sweaty male metal. :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

are you ordering spray ,rollon,60/40 alcohol?

This is what I'm wondering. What the best vehicle for this particular phero blend is. I'm about out of my 'La Vie Boheme' sample and will be ordering a large bottle of this phero.

Sorry to hear you're going thru a rough time, Tee. :)

I got an interesting reaction with this one yesterday, I was wearing 2X IW in a beta spray scented with NoCo Sandalwood & Resins, and I had sprayed both myself and my sweater set fairly liberally. I couldn't smell the IW at all, and I thought I'd be able to. The S&R makes a nice sort of "neutral" cover, I think.

So my Co-Worker from Hell gave me some paperwork and one of the documents was missing some detail I needed, so I went over to her cube and let her know and instead of getting huffy like she usually does, or trying to flip it back on me like I just didn't read it thoroughly, she immediately conceded the error, fixed it, and then asked if any of the other documentation she had given me had any errors.

And I was thinking, she's become a pod person, the invasion has begun! :001_tt2:

So this seems to promote more cooperation with me, which is always a good thing, of course.

• 3 years later...

I wore this the other day to help my parents deal with some crabby landlords. Though I'm a self-assured person, I sometimes (actually more often than I'd like to admit) find myself being too nice and too helpful, no matter what the scenario. And then there's that feeling of l'esprit de l'escalier. Well, when I wore this phero in La Vie de Boheme, I felt like I was able to be more direct and more effective. I was able to say exactly what I needed to say and exactly how I wanted to. Everything got handled favorably in our favor, and everyone else told me I should consider being a lawyer, haha.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mara would be the one to know but it was proprietary to Dr. Stone, I believe, so there was never a list of molecules and whatnot.

I do wish we could have this again because it was the one pheromone blend that was exactly me, only better.

25 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Mara would be the one to know but it was proprietary to Dr. Stone, I believe, so there was never a list of molecules and whatnot.

I do wish we could have this again because it was the one pheromone blend that was exactly me, only better.

Why did that one and Intellectual Man go away?  I liked Intellectual Man as well.