Pheromones - the results you see vs the ones you don't?

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new here - I've been posting over on pherotruth and loving the helpful advice from the ladies there, but it seems like this board is much more active.

Just a quick overview of my situation - I've got sort of a "target" guy friend at work that I've started wearing pheromones around. I'm pretty bad with guys, flirting, dating - anything really. I'm wondering if our friendship can become something more, and hoping the pheromones will help give things a push in the right direction. I really just adore him as a person and think we'd make a great couple.

Anyway, I've bought alot of phero'ed testers. He responds very well to things heavy in Est - Cuddle Bunny has become my go-to already, and I've just ordered a full bottle. Sexology III got good phero results as well, but he doesn't like the scent (I think, being a guy he won't give me a straight answer). Anyway, on days I wear heavy Est blends I get a really good goofy/silly/fun reaction from him that I LOVE. Not that it's relationship-y really, we just seem to have alot of fun together, which is good no matter what, right?

But when I'm wearing other blends, I'm not necessarily seeing much reaction (at least not from him - the other day wearing gotcha! I kept getting some long hard looks from another guy). Today I tried BAM for the first time, thinking maybe I'd get some of the B-nol results I liked from Sexology. It seemed like nothing. But then I'm wondering if, just because I'm not seeing BIG results like I do with Est, does it necessarily mean they're not there? What if he's feeling it, but just not expressing it? I know you guys can't tell me if that's the case, but I just hate to give up on something just because I can't SEE the effects right away. Do any of you notice cumulative effects with certain pheros that might not be apparent when you begin using them?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any insight. I'm just hopeless with guys, and since this is a work situation that has the potential to become awkward really quickly, I'm really keeping my feelings under wraps and not talking to people about it. So I feel like I need help - lol!!!

Oh hi Amalthea, I mentioned on another thread that if you like the effects of Sexology but not that particular scent you might want to check out Indecent Exposure. It is enhanced with Sexology but the scent is "cleaner" more traditional...bright and pretty. It is still available on the Artfire site.

And hell no don't give up yet! This phero business takes some time to get the hang of...what to look for, how much to wear, what works on who...etc. You'll get it! Keep reading everything on this forum and keep experimenting. I had my first fabulous "hit" with Cuddle Bunny too. And Gotcha works great on the same guy that got hit with that one. I stick with est blends with him.

Hi Amalthea! Sounds as if you are maiking progress. You can definitely believe what these ladies say, they have been at the experimenting for a long time. Their knowedge is LITERALLY "Tried and true". That combined with Mara's skilled expertise and your own determination, throw in a dose of massive patience and you have a definite edge! Good luck!

Wow, quick responses - thanks ladies!

I'm not giving up on anything yet! I'm just wondering, for this particular guy, if some of the other phero's are producing effects he just maybe isn't letting me see. I have to admit, I love my CB days so much that I have a hard time giving it up to try something different. Especially when whatever else I'm trying isn't giving me the immediate satisfaction of seeing "hits". I'm trying to decide if it's wise to try something super-sexual, like BI or sexpionage, just to see what kind of reaction it gets from him. Since I work in a pretty conservative environment, I'm not sure if that's the way to go.

I'm on a pretty strict budget right now, but when I can afford to order again I'm almost positive it will be Sexology UN. Over on pherotruth I talked a little about my experience with the sexology III - I loved the smell. When I got to work, my friend walked me into the building, and as soon as we were inside he started saying something smelled "weird". He was sniffing around like crazy, and when he figured out it was me, I think he dropped it just to be polite. Later on someone else sat next to me on a sofa, and said that the furniture stank, so at this point I had decided it was me. I asked him straight up if my "new perfume" smelled bad, and he just wouldn't give me a straight answer. I'm assuming that he just didn't want to hurt my feelings by saying yes. The funny thing is, though, that I got some CRAZY reactions from him that day. Like, I brought us donuts to work (it was Friday) and he was actually cuddling and hugging the box, playing love songs to the donuts, lol! And this is the first perfume he even seemed to notice, even though I'd been trying different things all week. Funny, now that I think about it, after having that "perfume discussion", he was wearing cologne to work when I next saw him (on Sunday), and I think that's the first time I've ever noticed him wearing any. So yeah, sexology is definitely going on my wish list!

Yep, sounds like you've got an EST responder there! Personally I would not use Sexpionage. I would stick with these softer, est blends since they are working their magic right now. You can crank it up later if you think the time is apropriate. Stick with what is working for right now, don't give him a heart attack.

eta: it seems like he is even trying to please you now by mirroring you and wearing cologne!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

If you work in a conservative environment, I would steer clear of the heavy copulin blends.....BAM has a lot of cops, so does Sexology. In the wrong environment, sex blends are not a good thing.

There are times when people feel the effects but just don't show it. Especially with sexual feelings in a public/office environment.

Edited by Dolly

Thanks ladies! Dolly, you kind of hit it on the head there - if he's feeling effects and not showing it, I'm wondering if I should stick with those pheros. I'm not a "sexy" girl in the first place, really more of a nerd than anything lol, so if those blends are giving off a more sexy vibe to this guy, that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it? That's why I'm wondering if I should balance out the days I wear things that get a noticeable reaction with those that I don't necessarily see. I just prefer the reaction!

Thanks ladies! Dolly, you kind of hit it on the head there - if he's feeling effects and not showing it, I'm wondering if I should stick with those pheros. I'm not a "sexy" girl in the first place, really more of a nerd than anything lol, so if those blends are giving off a more sexy vibe to this guy, that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it? That's why I'm wondering if I should balance out the days I wear things that get a noticeable reaction with those that I don't necessarily see. I just prefer the reaction!

One of the issues with sexual pheros in the workplace is that pheros are not at all discerning. They will affect anyone who happens to be "in range". Copulins specifically send strong sexual signals to more men than just your target.....they cause a testosterone spike in men, which can sometimes lead to aggression or unwanted sexual advances. Wearing a large amount of them in public is not always a good thing. You could be inadvertently giving off an overtly sexual message to bosses, co-workers, and other people that you come into contact with. Not always appropriate, especially if your workplace is conservative.

Perhaps you could try some of the less sexual mixes that contain Est when you are at work....maybe Lace.....or Gotcha.....or Super Sexy for Women. These blends are SEXY, but not overtly SEXUAL......if you get my drift. There is a difference.

I prefer more social blends in public places.....I use a lot of Open Windows, Cougar, Leather.....then I save my heavy cop blends for when I am enjoying time with my man. Don't get me wrong.....I do wear cops in public, but my man is normally with me, so there isn't much possibility of a strange man making unwanted advances on me.

Edited by Dolly

Thanks. I'm not sure why but for some reason I was thinking that LACE wasn't available any more...but if so then I'll try to get my hands on a sample. Anything heavy in Est is a winner for me right now.

Almost all my co-workers are women - he's actually the only guy in our department, so I haven't been too worried about the phero's affecting anyone else. I do see other guys around, but we usually don't have any prolonged time together, and there aren't even any other men who work in our building. The funny thing is, the only time I've noticed any real reaction from my female co-workers was the day I wore Cuchi Head, which has only cops. Weird.

ETA: Oops, forgot to add, that I have been trying gotcha. I had high hopes for it, since it does contain Est and also a little bit of everything else, but it's one of those that I'm not seeing much reaction from. I'm seeing such high praise for it from everyone else! That's one of the reasons for this post - I wonder if it is affecting him, but because it's not as blatantly noticeable a reaction like with CB, I'm just assuming it isn't working when maybe it really is.

Edited by Amalthea1978

Hi, I'm an Est lover too. It just works great on me. Ive spread into the b'nols and have really begun to find my happy spot with them. BAM is great but as Dolly said that's a lot of cops at work.

Ive found so far the B'nol blends I like are Gotcha, this is a really nice blend and both men and women respond favorably but in different ways. Perfect Match in the work place might be nice .. I've used it at home with decent results.As hearts said there is HEART& SOUL.. I'm waiting on mine but for me this could be a real winner it's a blend of 5 pheros with EST &Bnol leading the way. I have no idea why it took so long for me to catch on to that.

If you really like your BAM you could do something like PM at work and bring some BAM and add a couple of swipes (I'd go easy until you find your happy place) for an after hours drink. You may get the best of both worlds there. Good Luck.

ETA I love Lace but have found its not the best for me at work. It's not as conducive my concentration as say LFM. Thats my chemistry though.

Edited by StacyK

I've had some of my best hits with guys wearing Heart and Soul. I tend to forget how great it is until I start wearing it again. There was a time a few months back were I wanted every scent i bought boosted with H&S. Ended up just getting it Unscented in 60/40 spray.

^^ Oh I really can't wait to try it. Yes, I ordered the spray in 60/40. :)

Edited by StacyK

I'd love to try some of these other blends like Lace and H&S...I'll be keeping my eye on the Trading Post for samples with these. I just can't bring myself to invest in a full bottle untested, especially when I already have things on my "wish list" lol!

I should have some samples coming with cougar and lfm, neither of which I have tried yet. Also some Lumina. So I'll have some new things to play with!

Well remember Phero month will be be here soon

You really can't loose with something like Lace or Open Windows they are pretty ubiquitous and we all are in general agreement that they work well. Lace is a very simple blend EST & Alpha nol that's it.

In reference to your guy specifically, you may find Heart and Soul ( it's Est and B'nol leading the way with a few other pheros blended in) or Gotcha, which is great stuff, will get him to open up a bit more while being a tad more affectionate, tho it can take a couple of exposures sometimes. Re, your gotcha comment above remember that it is powerful stuff don't OD or it can have the opposite effect. Also, he my have a strong reaction to it but his personal social filters keep a lid on it.

One thing ive done is wear the more socially appropriate pheros to work (OW OR Levitation, LFM, Etc and invest in an OCCo trial ($5) which would be easy to carry in your purse, just put it in a little zip lock bag and add a swipe or two later for an afterwork drink, just don't OD on the cops just a couple of dabs. Or, if you are really set on the Un CB or sexology, get it, you will use it one way or another since you like it so much. Use just a couple of dabs at work, a very light hand with a work friendly scent and touch it up later for that after hours drink.

Just don't turn your back on the more social pheros you'd be surprised how much power they have. Really.

ETA I have found I like blends with Est because the selfies are great. It took me a while to figure out why, but I believe it is because with an EST blend I find I remember to be good to and take care of myself, which is a nice thing. :) don't fret to much... it takes a little practice to figure out what works for you in various situations. Just about wveryone here is working on or has compiled their "arsenal" LOL!

I still have a ways to go with practice but lately Ive really learned to give some Pheros I have not spent time on a try and wow it has been interesting. The fun can be in the experimentation. :D

What's the phero-month like?

I was here for January when Mara was selling little spray samples of UN pheros. What's the pricing like for phero month?

I'm not sure as it will be my first but I was told November.is all phero month (on the NRs) and that's when trials of some of the Pheros are made available. It was mentioned on another thread yesterday or today. I try to find it.

Don't carve it in stone, maybe Luna or Halo can elaborate.

Edited by StacyK

In November every new release comes phero enhanced. In addition Mara sells sprays of the phero blends in sample size for $15, I believe they are 5 ml. She usually does those samples for a couple months. This time period is lovingly called Pheromas.

Okay so...I should be saving my money for November!

I will definitely be looking forward to trying some of the more social pheros then!

Thanks StacyK, especially about the gotcha comments. That was kind of the whole point of this thread - the question of whether I could be getting results that he's just not letting me see. I don't think I'm OD'ing, I've been pretty careful and conservative, especially because I've only got samples and I want to get as much "mileage" out of them as possible. I've only got a tiny bit of honeyed lp with gotcha, although I am buying another sample size on the trading post (I SO love this fragrance, I wish wish wish I could get a full bottle!). I've been thinking about trying some of the occos too, since everyone seems to like them so much.

I know I've said this already, either in this thread or elsewhere, but I just like the results I get with Est so much that I want to wear CB every day now, so it makes it hard to give it up on a day to experiment with something else! Maybe I should just buy some straight-up Est and boost everything else with it...so I can still have my Est and try other stuff at the same time. Is there any reason that's a bad idea?

Okay so...I should be saving my money for November!

I know I've said this already, either in this thread or elsewhere, but I just like the results I get with Est so much that I want to wear CB every day now, so it makes it hard to give it up on a day to experiment with something else! Maybe I should just buy some straight-up Est and boost everything else with it...so I can still have my Est and try other stuff at the same time. Is there any reason that's a bad idea?

Yes, that could be a very bad idea! VERY VERY BAD. The blends here are carefully formulated by scientists in order to be balanced and to produce a desired outcome. Even if a blend has only two phero components, it is blended in such a way to create a balanced, harmonious mix. If you go and start layering blends or adding Est on top of everything, you could totally skew the results of the blend, or negate the results entirely. So, it would be like NOT trying another blend.....what's the point?

IMO, straight Est is a bit difficult to get a handle on exactly how to use and how much. Plus, remember.....more is not always more. Sometimes less is more. Especially in pheros. Also, Est is like $75 for a one-ounce spray.....not a cheap item, by any means.

Edited by Dolly

I agree with Dolly & MDC, I'd hold off on the single molecule pheros, at least until you have some more experience. Of course its up to you but its probably a better investment to go with the EST blends.There are so many wonderful choices. LFM & LFN ( more date night style) and Lace are great Est blends. Check the review threads. You already have the LFM, it's very versital so is Lace. If you do try the OCCos just remember that is a lot of cops..But they are great. I have FBs of white and Blue and I have the others in trial vials.. I did not buy that all at once. Trials are a good way to start IMO. I generally use Occos as accents. Check out the OCCo review thread. A very good resource there. Good luck.

HALO! Thanks for the important info :)

Edited by StacyK

One of the issues with sexual pheros in the workplace is that pheros are not at all discerning. They will affect anyone who happens to be "in range". Copulins specifically send strong sexual signals to more men than just your target.....they cause a testosterone spike in men, which can sometimes lead to aggression or unwanted sexual advances. Wearing a large amount of them in public is not always a good thing. You could be inadvertently giving off an overtly sexual message to bosses, co-workers, and other people that you come into contact with. Not always appropriate, especially if your workplace is conservative.

Perhaps you could try some of the less sexual mixes that contain Est when you are at work....maybe Lace.....or Gotcha.....or Super Sexy for Women. These blends are SEXY, but not overtly SEXUAL......if you get my drift. There is a difference.

I prefer more social blends in public places.....I use a lot of Open Windows, Cougar, Leather.....then I save my heavy cop blends for when I am enjoying time with my man. Don't get me wrong.....I do wear cops in public, but my man is normally with me, so there isn't much possibility of a strange man making unwanted advances on me.

Dolly, this info is so great. It's so good to have these great recommendations as it helps to decide what un's to purchase for work situations. Thanks

Dolly, this info is so great. It's so good to have these great recommendations as it helps to decide what un's to purchase for work situations. Thanks

You're very welcome DD!

I will go one step further....my work arsenal...

Focus, Dominance, Leather, Open Windows, Treasured Hearts, Cougar.....also Happy Water with straight A-nol......

Edited by Dolly

Yes Dolly. Thanks. I sometimes wonder if when, say someone wears an overtly sexual phero to work, yea you get a random + hit from some guy and none of the ladies say boo, you think hey all good. I don't know, I think the signal can cause some alarm. People do not always act on it but in their head they could think WTH is up with her.

Yes Dolly. Thanks. I sometimes wonder if when, say someone wears an overtly sexual phero to work, yea you get a random + hit from some guy and none of the ladies say boo, you think hey all good. I don't know, I think the signal can cause some alarm. People do not always act on it but in their head they could think WTH is up with her.

EXACTLY! You are getting it! They may not say it, but they could be thinking it....work is not a good place to test those boundaries.

You're very welcome DD!

I will go one step further....my work arsenal...

Focus, Dominance, Leather, Open Windows, Treasured Hearts, Cougar.....also Happy Water with straight A-nol......

Dolly, I have some Happy Water coming my way. I already own Cougar and I have been wanting to get OW for quite some time.

I will need to save up to get these un's and that will make getting them all the sweeter.

Dolly, I have some Happy Water coming my way. I already own Cougar and I have been wanting to get OW for quite some time.

I will need to save up to get these un's and that will make getting them all the sweeter.

Seriously....OW is INDISPENSIBLE......it lifts my mood, others moods, even helps my killer afternoon headaches....LOVE IT!

EXACTLY! You are getting it! They may not say it, but they could be thinking it....work is not a good place to test those boundaries.

Yea I agree. Imagine you could be the kindest, sweetest thing on earth, then where the hell did this rep come from.

Did anyone ever have a friend like that? Im not talking pheros from a bottle here. I have a friend Ive known since Jr High. She's cute overall but very average facial looking and height ect. Slightly athletic, lean not skinny and FLAT chested. She was/ is blond. Not really a lot of confidence. I swear male heads would sometimes whip around when she passed. When we were a bit older a mutual friend said to me, one night out at a club. I love to watch guys look at Her. We both laughed. But in High School you'd think she walked around with a Scarlet A on her tee shirt.

She really never did anything to anyone, never flirted with a guy that had a girl, did not sleep around, nothing. but you'd have though she was the biggest whore in town.

She must have produced an assload of pheros and/or cops naturally. You'd think that'd be great but it was not always convenient.

And.. some may be surprised by this but even the guys were total asses. Men can be real shits when they are intimidated or don't know how to respond.

Edited by StacyK

Yea I agree. Imagine you could be the kindest, sweetest thing on earth, then where the hell did this rep come from.

Did anyone ever have a friend like that? Im not talking pheros from a bottle here. I have a friend Ive known since Jr High. She's cute overall but very average facial looking and height ect. Slightly athletic, lean not skinny and FLAT chested. She was/ is blond. Not really a lot of confidence. I swear male heads would sometimes whip around when she passed. When we were a bit older a mutual friend said to me one night our at a club. I love to watch guys look at Her. We both laughed. But in High School you'd think she walked around with a Scarlet A on her tee shirt.

She really never did anything to anyone, never flirted with a guy that had a girl, did not sleep around, nothing. but you'd have though she was the biggest whore in town.

She must have produced an assload of pheros and/or cops naturally. You'd think that'd be great but it was not always convenient.

I think I might have cop'd some of the folks at work when I first got into phero's a year ago and I'm kind of starting over now. I get the best hits from Gotcha and SS4W now and it's the kind of hits that are making folks do a double take on me. I love it.

Yea, the friendly hits. It really does not take much for most men to ratchet up a notch from there anyway. I'd rather have the positive attention & respect, especially at work.

You guys are killing me. Now not only am I really interested in trying Lace and Heart & Soul, but Open Windows too...

Is it November yet?

Things like Leather and Dominance hold no appeal for me though...my guy friend (who was the whole point of me trying pheros in the first place) is kind of assertive. I really am not looking for anything to challenge him in that.

I just hope all this phero experimentation is pushing things in the right direction with him. I feel like maybe it is, I'm just impatient. Also, I feel like we're bonding more and enjoying each others' company, and I definitely feel like we care about each other, but I still don't know that it's anything romantically inclined for him.

And I am really listening to everything you guys are saying, I promise. I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that these pheros could be making me come off as "too sexual." Really, if you knew me in real life...idk, "sexy" is probably one of the last words people would use to describe me!

Honestly, now I may in the minority here and it's difficult to see what's what here sometimes but if you really like him, you may want to operate on the more sexy/socials for a while. I mean its like your giving him a little bit of Viagra by going all sex mones. Nothing wrong with it once in a while but a boner does not make a relationship. you don't want to land squarely in the dreaded Friendzone but he needs to get to know you a bit then make a decision, if he doesn't ask you out just move on. Or take a break and give it a bit more time, your choice. But as it stands he definitely knows you are there and he sounds like he felt a pull. I just think if you are looking ultimately for possibly something serious you should get to know each-other a bit make sure your choice is a good one. He's not the only one who gets to choose. ;)

Edited by StacyK

You guys are killing me. Now not only am I really interested in trying Lace and Heart & Soul, but Open Windows too...

Is it November yet?

Things like Leather and Dominance hold no appeal for me though...my guy friend (who was the whole point of me trying pheros in the first place) is kind of assertive. I really am not looking for anything to challenge him in that.

I just hope all this phero experimentation is pushing things in the right direction with him. I feel like maybe it is, I'm just impatient. Also, I feel like we're bonding more and enjoying each others' company, and I definitely feel like we care about each other, but I still don't know that it's anything romantically inclined for him.

And I am really listening to everything you guys are saying, I promise. I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that these pheros could be making me come off as "too sexual." Really, if you knew me in real life...idk, "sexy" is probably one of the last words people would use to describe me!

Open Windows is absolutely FAB! Especially for work.

The coming off as "too sexual" thing.....it has nothing to do with the way you look, or dress, or act. While most pheros only enhance what is already there (we always say that pheros do not create, they only enhance), cops are a bit different. It is a subconscious mating signal. Seriously. It is not something they would consciously be thinking....like if you walked in wearing a very provocative outfit......"Wow, she is acting slutty at work!" Instead, when men are getting near you, they are feeling very sexually excited, no matter how you may or may not be acting.

Trust me on this one. I know what I am talking about! I have tested it over and over during the past 10 yrs.....

Honestly, now I may in the minority here and it's difficult to see what's what here sometimes but if you really like him, you may want to operate on the more sexy/socials for a while. I mean its like your giving him a little bit of Viagra by going all sex mones. Nothing wrong with it once in a while but a boner does not make a relationship. you don't want to land squarely in the dreaded Friendzone but he needs to get to know you a bit then make a decision, if he doesn't ask you out just move on. Or take a break and give it a bit more time, your choice. But as it stands he definitely knows you are there and he sounds like he felt a pull. I just think if you are looking ultimately for possibly something serious you should get to know each-other a bit make sure your choice is a good one. He's not the only one who gets to choose. ;)

I agree with Stacy on this one. I would go with socials or the sexy socials (with little or no cops) at work, and lay off of the sexual blends for a bit.

If you work in a conservative environment, I would steer clear of the heavy copulin blends.....BAM has a lot of cops, so does Sexology. In the wrong environment, sex blends are not a good thing.

There are times when people feel the effects but just don't show it. Especially with sexual feelings in a public/office environment.

Dolly, I work in Finance, I use blends with light cops in them for work, but after reading recently that cops should not be placed close to the neck area, I'm now only rolling the oil on my torso (small lolipop style) and arms. Do you feel this is too much? I use blends like Naughty, Naughty and Tilinting Temptress to work if that helps to give you an idea of the blends I'm wearing... I also sometimes wear a very light roll of OCCO: Black with my beloved LP Black.

I should add, that I work mostly with bitchy woman and this has helped to take the edge off...

Edited by dolphindolls2

So after all the urging here to wear a less sexual phero to work, today I wore gotcha again, and again had just kind of a "meh" day with it. I mean, my friend wasn't mean to me or anything, but I just sort of feel like I'm treated like a queen on the days I wear CB or the few days I've worn sexology. I've noticed a few people talk about the cumulative effect of gotcha, so maybe I need to try it several days in a row. I can't do that now however, my little sniffie sample is almost empty:(

Anyway, I can't wait to try Lace - I'm a bit nervous about that one, because of the description, and since I will be at work I'll need to be able to focus. But Est blends have been so good for me! I wonder, if they're good for me or good for him? Especially the couple of days I wore sexology, I really felt like I was getting good responses from everybody, so maybe it's me. Or maybe it's both of us - he's REALLY in a good mood on CB days:)

My first order with full bottles came today! It makes me a tiny bit sad that I'm leaving for DragonCon tomorrow - I won't get to really play with them until I get home!