Charlene's Blackberry Jasmine

NuTrix

Thank you Luna! I was so excited, it didn't even occure to me to review here :blushing:

AD-PE-CharleneBJ.jpg

After some schooling I found out from Miss Mara that Jasmine is not a foodie flower. My first thought for this PE is now a 180 from it's current realization, as I as thinking "candied jasmine" but still something very centrally jasmine.

Mara will know all the amazing nuances she used to get this scent to be the delight that it now is, but the notes that I inevitably chose for the Potion Master to work her magic with were: Blackberry, Jasmine, Vanilla and White musk.

The first thing I saw was the label. O.M.G.O.O.D.N.E.S.S. Isn't she lovely? *Faints dead away* (my favorite of the labels for the month ^_~ )

Then I awaited my LP parcel to arrive...stalking my email...every couple of hours...I know, sad but true. I showed tremendous restraint and let my lovely bottles sit for 10 hours after arriving at my door before my ability to resist caved.

In the bottle this is candy like to me, the blackberry perhaps? Mara had said that the blackberry would be non-foodie, and the vanilla too, So I wonder if my nose is just playing tricks on me or if that's simplly how I'm interpreting what I smell?

Immediately on my skin, it's still sweet but gives way quickily to the Jasmine and for about one half hour to an hour it is very Jasmine forward - at least when I had my nose to my wrist, lol. Without my nose being attached to my wrist, it's very lovely, soft even, and sheer. I don't get soapy at all - I've heard some people campare the scent of jasmine to soap - and I'm not getting that at all. Jasmine. Floral. But not soap - not even "fancy" saop :D At the 2 hour mark and on it's just a gorgeous, sultry jasmine. I think it's the musk that's grounding it? Or maybe it's the vanilla and musk together? Just a beautiful jasmine scent! Feminine and lovely and I think it could be a day or evening scent...I will use it as both LOL!

I had been keeping this creation a sectret from my husband - it's a birthday gift to myself ^_^ So when he came home the night I put it on I was very excited to share it with him - "Here - look closely at the label.... Isn't it lovely?! It's all my very own!" He was genuinely interested - which was a HUGE deal for me - he was asking how many there were in "the world" and how unique is it really...I, of course, was only too willing to GUSH about all the details :D AND...AND...as if that were not enough...he even SAID it was "alright"...which in "my man's speak" means he thinks it's nice! TRIUMPH!!!!TRIUMPH!!!!TRIUMPH!!!!

And, at the risk of seeming like a sentimental, squishy mess, even just typing this out I have gotten bleary eyed more than once. I cannot adiquately express how special this is for me.

My deepest gratitude, Potion Master - you realy DO work magic!

:you-re-the-best::morph::girlHeart-5:

So when he came home the night I put it on I was very excited to share it with him - "Here - look closely at the label.... Isn't it lovely?! It's all my very own!" He was genuinely interested - which was a HUGE deal for me - he was asking how many there were in "the world" and how unique is it really..

That's one thing I truly love about the PE experience...there is now perfume which only I own and when I wear it, no one else will ever smell like I do. ^_^

Halo - I'm sure the memory of this PE will far outlast my bottles *chuckles* it definitely IS wonderful :)

Luna - SO true! It certainly feels very special to know there are only a couple handfuls of bottles...and that's it...

MissD - I hadn't even thought about that! The font is as wispy and whimsical as the blossoms and her fly away hair! Ooooh! Could I love it even more?!!!YES!!!I can!

Love the label and your PE sounds wonderful! I've done 1 PE only and it was really exciting to have something unique all to myself (and a few extra bottles). I wish I could slow down and get more made.

It was really fun to learn about fragrance. Since I haven't worn perfume until LP I really didn't know a lot about what notes work together and why. And I was certainly fearful about coming up with something that might smell like my mom or granmom - which is what I had always equated floral with before LP.- irrational as that may be. I had thought I wanted to have a jasmine scent but it wasn't sure about something so obviously not foodie until after trying LOTS of Mara's creations with florals and finding myself actually liking so many! I'm sure my husband was surprised that I didn't go all foodie with it either, LOL. I think that is at least part of why I'm so delighted with it - it was an unexpected choice for me and is completely lovely :heart708:

JOC - I don't know that I would want to ask for a PE often exactly BECAUSE it's so exciting and is such a wonderfully decadent treat. Maybe I'll do something like this for my birthday again next year :) But it is tempting now...Right now I'm still tickled and showing it off! That should hold me over for quite a while!