Tyvey's Peony Crunch Cake

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyPCC.jpg

Peony, cake vanilla, sugar, & touch of white musk. whoopsy peonycake! That sounds weird. I love whoopsy dasiycake's "crispy sugar" & "crunch cake" -- looking for the same thing here, -- plus musk for sexypie & to anchor it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wowie:) at first this definitely reminded me of whoopsy daisycake, exactly as I described!! but with enormous cabbage-sized peonies bursting in mid June. The scent is surprisingly HUGE!! In later drydown the cake fades and it's a sheer filmy pink just like a peony petal, the scent being dead true peony but drenched in sugar water. There's something fairy like about this one, just like whoopsy. :)

Edited by tyvey

:) I LOVE this. I totally agree that it's fairy like. I can picture it being a pretty little pink petal cake that fairies would nibble on. It's a soft cakey vanilla with delicate peony. It really is a Whoopsie PeonyCake. It's a light scent but projects really well. Only a small swipe and you're good to go! Edited by hearts

Testing this today. I never tried Whoopsy Daisycake, so I can't really compare, but this is so deliciously floral foodie. I love it! First on, it's rich buttery cake with a brown sugary streusel topping that has crisped up nicely in the oven. This must be the crunchy sugar you asked for, Tyvey. Then the peony comes out a little more. It's so deep and rich. I think I will love it for the winter. I've been wearing it a couple of hours now. Still waiting on the sheer pink peony, but i know this is one that will be even more gorgeous at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This really is like a Peony version of the Daisycake I love so much. Wet I get a lot of pink peony, but then that glorious crunchy sugar note--kind of like when you sprinkle a piecrust with sugar crystals--comes through. More of a brown sugar than a white sugar, with a bit of something cakelike underneath. I can't believe I waffled on this one but I'm so glad I got a bottle!