Lina's Autumn Leaves

hearts

Lina's Autumn Leaves

Earth, Leaves, Walnut, Carmelized Sugar-a scent to make me feel connected to nature/Earth. Evoke scent memories of being in the woods/forest seeing little squirrels -smell of fresh air and damp earth

Growing up in Southern California and now living in Arizona- I have never really lived near forests or woods. Sure, we had trees and gardens but its not the same. So, I absolutely LOVE going camping! We would go up to Big Bear or more recently Hualapai Mountains. I love the smell of damp earth, leaves; that feeling of the tall trees above blocking out the sun... I wanted a scent to bring me back to the quiet and serenity of a peaceful forest and being surrounded by nature.

This smells like walking along the trees, stepping on big crunchy leaves. The smell of rich soil, the crisp air and wet grasses . It's crazy how Mara bottled that experience up in this perfume! I don't really smell the separate notes- they blend so well. I knew earth and leaves would be for sure notes- walnut for that nutty/wood like smell. I thought carmelized sugar would would sweeten it up and make it more "Autumn"

I am so pleased at how Mara put it all together and made it perfect. Its exactly what i envisioned! Thank you so very much Mara! It's perfect!!!

I can't wait to get this one. I love the scent of outdoors and leaves... it sounds truly wonderful!!

• 1 month later...

OMG Mara and hearts, I'm SO IN LOVE with this one!! Such a perfect recollection of autumn in a bottle, I've been waiting YEARS to find one that *fit* my recollection, and touches my heart like this.

:challoween: <---very happy kitteh.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I say how much I heart this, Hearts? I wore it yesterday while raking leaves and it mixed perfectly with the whole eau de New Jersey in November. The earth note isn't really like dirt at all, it just deepens the entire blend. I feel like the stars here are really the leaves and walnut, which go so well together and really evoke that feeling of autumn air, while the touch of caramelized sugar gives it just a bit of sweetness.

• 3 months later...

This scent really does evoke the cool, almost slightly smoky feel of autumn air and crisp dry leaves. I love it. I don't ever get to experience real autumn where I live- all the trees here are evergreen, and a good part of autumn often feels like a lingering summer. But this scent reminds me of when I visited a town a few hours away in early autumn last year. Everywhere I looked there were trees losing their flame coloured leaves, and the air was cold and crisp and clean. It felt like I'd travelled to another country. One with proper seasons. I wanted to live there forever.

• 1 year later...

I live in Michigan, where Autumn is exquisite. I feel very lucky for that because it's my favorite season, and I really enjoy living somewhere that I can experience all four seasons. It's that time of year now, when the air turns crisp and cool, the sky is either the clearest of blues or wearing a blanket of gray,and the leaves turn to fire against the sky.

There's a place we go each year to visit at peak color time (which I'm guessing will be two or three weeks from now, I'm already seeing flashes of red and orange popping out of the green,we live in a highly forested area). The place is called The Rollaway, it's up in the highest point of land. It's a steep drop off, almost a cliff, where you can stand and see the most BREATHTAKING view of the fall forest, and the Grand River flowing at its feet.

This smells just like that place on a late September,early October day. A blue sky day, full of puffy clouds,cool enough to see your breath. The leaves and woods are there, the briskness of the air, and like Vladmyra said, I get a hint of smoke too. There's a bonfire or a leaf pile burning off in the distance. This scent has a beautiful, natural, stately and rather 'ancient ' feel to it because it makes you ponder the trees and how long some of them have been around. What have they seen? Some go back to when the Native Americans roamed the land, some even older. The Manistique Forest is an old place, full of magic, and this smells just like it.

I was scared of the sugar. I didn't feel like it belonged there. But I can't smell it at all, just the barest sweetness, like sweet wood or dry leaves. Very nice job Hearts! I adore this one, I'm never letting it go! :)