Help with Applying "Cover" Scents

Angelica

Hello everyone ... as a newbie ~ have a question (and have searched

on the forums but cannot find the answer).

When everyone mentions using a "cover" scent -- does that mean,

for example, after putting on EOW (and after dry-down) or a phero --

do you place your cover scent right along SIDE of it...or...

actually right ON TOP of it?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Angelica!

They say you are supposed to wait for the phero or EOW to dry down and then you go in with the cover, but I am impatient and usually smell like snatch dusted with pink cupcakes for about 20 minutes until the snatch scent goes away. This of course is for the blends that have cops. I pretty much smoosh them together, but there is a method to applying these.

For non-stinky blends, I will put the perfume beside the phero application spot sometimes, and sometimes put the phero on top of the scent.....but with stinky ones, I put the scent right on top of the phero.........

Thank you so much for explaining the application method, Dolly & LadyVictoria!

You're welcome! Do make sure that if it is a copped blend, that you let it dry down thoroughly before covering!

I do things a little differently. Cops I always cover with oil or spray perfume because I tend to have cops in oil. But the rest of stuff I put scent on first and follow with pheros so it doesn't interfere with diffusion of the phero. I am convinced smothering pheros in oil hinders diffusion.

Halo0073 ..your reply actually brought up another question for me...when you

said "you tend to have cops in oil"? Does that mean when you purchase (a cop-related

product) you actually have the choice to indicate whether it is to be in oil...or in

another "version"? And is one type better than another?

(and thanks everyone with your patience with all my

"newbie" questions! :)

I do things a little differently. Cops I always cover with oil or spray perfume because I tend to have cops in oil. But the rest of stuff I put scent on first and follow with pheros so it doesn't interfere with diffusion of the phero. I am convinced smothering pheros in oil hinders diffusion.

That is why, if it is not particularly smelly, I sometimes put the pheros on top or beside my perfume application spot.....

Edited by Dolly

• 7 months later...

Sure, although you may want to read through some applicable topics in this subforum first before you do so, to get a better idea of ratios.

Guest Diannadana

Ok great! It may be interesting to keep separate to see which scents mix best w Pheros? See if there are different reactions to combos.